xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Playback Issues In Xbc And Msdash With Softmod Xbox  (Read 111 times)

dromeo

• Archived User
Dvd Playback Issues In Xbc And Msdash With Softmod Xbox
« on: December 10, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »

Sorry if anyone else has answered this question or posted a solution somewhere else... I scoured the forums and Internet as much as possible looking for a solution or step in the right direction, but I got nowhere.  I am a little late to the XBMC party, but I just got a 360 and felt the need to mod my old XBOX.

Here is the deal: I have an older XBOX (rev 1 or 1.1 hardware, I think) with a Thompson DVD drive and the MS DVD playback kit.  I recently did the Splinter Cell exploit and NDURE softmod.  After backup of C and EEPROM, did a hard drive upgrade (to 300GB) and install of XBMC (2007-11-24).  Selected the option to dual-boot retail and alt dash.  This all went fairly well, very impressed with XBMC!

However, I cannot get DVD playback to work through XBMC or MS Dash now.

I have tried a few more recent recent releases of XBMC from T3CH, but those did not help.  XBMC plays the menu and warnings just fine.  But, when you try to play the movie, it appears to just lock the XBOX.  Nothing useful in the XBMC log even in debug mode as far as I could tell.

MS Dash worked for a time, but then I did the "force progressive output" trick (holding down both triggers and sticks simultaneously), and poof, DVD playback no longer works on MS Dash, even reverting back from progressive to interlaced output.

I'd much rather get DVD working in XBMC, since I hear it is pretty nice and would be the most convenient for the way I would like to use my XBOX.  Can anyone provide any answers or insight?  I appreciate any responses.

Dom