xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does Xbmc Work With The Dvd Controller?  (Read 73 times)

DynaMight

• Archived User
Does Xbmc Work With The Dvd Controller?
« on: November 18, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

Sorry if it's been asked before, I did search but couldn't find anything.

Does XBMC work with the old DVD Controller dongle? As in, am I able to completely navigate the menu system using only the controller and no actual proper controller.

Reason being, my wireless controller is knackered and I only really use the xbox for XBMC to play movies etc.

Thanks

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 04:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(skat @ Nov 19 2007, 02:36 AM) *

I have found only a few things i am not able to do with a press of a button anymore that i miss a bit

one in particular is the ability to hit a key and toggle between playlist and file view .  This is about the only limitation i have found so far.

Couldn't you just edit this in the Keymap.xml ?

skat

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Stefan Leroux @ Nov 20 2007, 12:26 AM) *

Couldn't you just edit this in the Keymap.xml ?

Yep , just haven't gotten round to it yet  which is why i put no fault of this at xbmc or the dvd remote , just missed it as an automatic assignment in the setup

You get all the functions of the controller and more with the media centre remote that came bundled with media center extender, have a look on ebay for them, they're class.

I saw that remote in the wiki when i was setting up my harmony and it looked great , but haven't gotten round to looking into more info about them.  I have pretty much covered every base with the harmony remote though so additional features may just add to many " special buttons " to scroll through, atm i am following the KISS principle as much as possible as my girlfriend has to use the system aswell and has gotten used to things the way they where with the xbox controller, for the most part they are the same controlls ( is an xbox360 harmony remote )