xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem Switching From Pal To Ntsc: Screen To Bright  (Read 69 times)

athloni

• Archived User
Problem Switching From Pal To Ntsc: Screen To Bright
« on: November 07, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

I have a TSOP flashed XBOX with Executer 2 bios.
It's a PAL Box and I would like to make it NTSC so I can use it (in the future) for HD resolutios.
Ik have a advanced scart cable (official MS, I ordered a component cable already) and picture quality is good.

BUT...when i change to NTSC (enigma video mode switcher) my screen looks much too bright. In NTSC mode black is grey  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

What am I doing wrong?

It's not my TV settings, I already checked that.

This post has been edited by athloni: Nov 7 2007, 09:12 AM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 01:47:00 AM »

Maybe its just your TV dosn't like ntsc quite possible depending on what type and how old it is.   Also Pal is actually a better video standard for normal rez and has more vibrant colors and better screen rez

athloni

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 03:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Nov 7 2007, 09:47 AM) *

Maybe its just your TV dosn't like ntsc quite possible depending on what type and how old it is.   Also Pal is actually a better video standard for normal rez and has more vibrant colors and better screen rez

Thanks, but that's not the problem. I have a Panasonic Plasma and it is capable to handle NTSC.
Maybe it's the Adavanced Scart (?) I hope getting the component cable soon, maybe this will solve the problem.