xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I've Encountered Some Serious Problems  (Read 62 times)

Tonkladuche

• Archived User
I've Encountered Some Serious Problems
« on: October 28, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »

I upgraded my copy of XBMC from the T3CH XBMC 2007-8-5 SVN rev9834 build to the T3CH XBMC 2007-10-28 SVN rev10638 build by deleting my old copy of XBMC from my Apps folder as well as deleting everything from the Q drive and then copying over the new build back into the Apps folder.

After restarting my XBox and resetting all of my preferences to how they were before I noticed that I could not place my wide icons folder thumbnails for several of my program files like I used to by naming the thumbnail folder.jpg and by deleting the UserData/Thumbnails/Programs on the Q drive like I used to and had to manually select each folder and choose each thumbnail manually.

I also noticed that several of my backed up games had their entire folder contents deleted from their game folders without me deleting them and that some videos now try to cache subtitle files when I try to play them which ends up taking quite some time and results in the video failing to play and causes audio problems with XBMC.

By the way I am using a softmodded Xbox that has a shortcut in place of the Evox dashboard so that XBMC is the startup dashboard. I also backed up the old copy of XBMC as well as the contents of the Q drive before I went through witht the upgrade. I am also using a 500GB HDD which has been in place since before the problems occured.

Anybody know what could of gone wrong, how I can fix my problems and what I can do to prevent this from happening again?

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »

Not sure on your thumbnail problem, that really depends on whether XBMC is on F: or not.

This is because your drive isn't setup correctly. Backup everything on that partition and reformat it with XBPartitioner ASAP. If you put ANY more data on there before doing this you'll just lose more files.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »

Assuming you've got a partition larger then 256gb, those instructions should work fine. You only need to backup the partition you intend on wiping but if you want to be safe it shouldn't take you long to grab the rest as well.