xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - October 7th 2007 Svn Rev10457 Build  (Read 450 times)

spiff

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - October 7th 2007 Svn Rev10457 Build
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 11:37:00 PM »

submit patches at our patch tracker @

http://sf.net/projects/xbmc

ilusorius

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 08:10:00 AM »

it´s the first time i thank you all xbmc team, and shame on me for that, because you deserve all the thanks i can give.

thank you very much. thank you.

defee

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(spiff @ Oct 11 2007, 02:13 AM) View Post

submit patches at our patch tracker @

http://sf.net/projects/xbmc

Thank you!

Spykon

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »

Great job again!! Keep it up.

mathie1

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

i cant use the script downloader either .. but its not xbmc's fault, rather something with the site ... am i wrong ?? according other posts here i belive it is so ??

one other question ... when browsing an mp3 album i can use album information and then downloading a thumbnail to get displayed ... all albums are not listed here .. but for downloaded albums they most of the time iclude covers .. is there some way to add those covers for those albums not showing up ?!?!

SurveyTech

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »

Hi!

Is there a way in XBMC to control which games are played (maybe by rating) and/or to limit the amount of time playing?  I have children that have Xbox's in their rooms with XBMC on them.  I want to limit the amount of time they play games and control which games they play.

They have been playing too much lately - I may have to take the Xbox away...

Thanks in advance.

kato66

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(mathie1 @ Oct 9 2007, 02:13 PM) View Post

is there any ftp speed problems with this version ??? i had a version that was released this summer (dont know exact date) and yesterday i upgraded to this version ....afterwards my ftp and stream speed dropped ...

I having the same slow ftps with this new build. Files that used to take 3-5 mins is taking me upwards of 20-25 mins after updating this new build. But everything else is great, keep up the great work.

spiff

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

surveytech, use the master lock features to lock certain games (requires you to put offending games in a separate folder). no we cannot control the amount of time since when you are playing a game xbmc aint running.

finally, this is a bug report thread, thread hijacking like that is NOT A NICE THING TO DO DAMNIT. open a separate thread

JoeUser38

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 01:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(SurveyTech @ Oct 11 2007, 11:10 PM) View Post

Hi!

Is there a way in XBMC to control which games are played (maybe by rating) and/or to limit the amount of time playing?  I have children that have Xbox's in their rooms with XBMC on them.  I want to limit the amount of time they play games and control which games they play.

They have been playing too much lately - I may have to take the Xbox away...

Thanks in advance.

So far as I know, there is no way to limit the time played, and no built-in ratings system.  However, there is a way to control which games they can play from the installed games on the hard disk (won't control the disks they put in, but if you have the HDD space, put them all on the HDD and lock up the disks...).

First, seperate the games you don't want the kids to play into another set of directories (in my case, game that anyone can play go in E:\Games, F:\Games, and G:\Games, games that the kids should not play go in E:\xGames, F:\xGames, and G:\xGames).  Set a Master Lock code (don't forget it), and put a check on Lock filemanager and Lock settings.  Create a profile for your kids, setting Media Sources to Separate (locked).  I would also suggest going to Lock preferences and checking Lock filemanager (safe to leave the others unchecked, even settings); don't set a lock code.  When you're finished, if it asks, let it copy the settings and sources from the current settings and sources.  Put a check on Login screen.

Now, go to the Games... If needed, hit B to back up a level to see the sources, highlight the Games source, hit the White button, and Edit Source.  Add the new folders where you put the non-kidsafe games (E:\xGames, F:\xGames, and G:\xGames in my case).  Go back to the Games, and verify all the games show up.

Log off, or restart, and you should get a login screen.  Try to login as Master User, verify that it asks for and accepts the lock code.  Log off, or restart.  Try to log in using the kid's account, should not need a password.  Go to the Games, verify that NOT all the games are showing.  Verify that the kids can't edit the source on Games, and that they can't go to the File Manager.  If you need to edit their sources, you'll need to be logged in to their profile, and enter Master Mode (click the Right Thumbstick, select Enter Master Mode, enter the Lock Code).

Oh, and if the kids get in trouble... log in to the Master User profile, go to Settings/System/Master Lock, and put a check on Ask for Master Lock Code on startup; it will then ask for the Master Lock code before getting to the login screen, affectively locking them out until you go in and uncheck the option from the Master User profile.

BTW, if you have any applications installed, I would suggest editing the Programs source on the kids' profile to point to the same folders used for Games.  Otherwise, they will figure out that they can just go to another application, and use the file manager in that to run any game they want; not to mention, some applications can format the HDD, flash the EEPROM, etc.

Also, to make updating to the next release of XBMC easier, when you make a copy of UserData, also copy system\profiles.xml, otherwise you'll need to redo your profiles each time (took me a while to figure out where it was stored).  You can also FTP in and edit out the lock code in this file if you ever lock yourself out (hope your kids aren't reading this  tongue.gif ).

Edit:
I just realized that these are Xboxs in your kids rooms, so no real need for separate folders for non-kidsafe games (more for a family room setting)... But again, if you have the HDD space on the Xboxs, only put on games you want them playing, and lock up the originals.

Still a good idea to set up a separate profile for the kids and lock them out of the Master User profile, to make it less likely they screw anything up.  I have a profile for each member of the family, so we can each have the skin and colors we like, and I set Media Info to Separate on each one so the Usage counts for each profile are counted separately...    Sort the game by Usage, and the games we each play most migrate to the top of the list.  I also transfered pictures of each of us from the computer to use on the Login screen (I put them in E:\Pictures\Logon Photos, but they just have to be somewhere on the Xbox HDD).  I rarely log in to the Master User profile (I think of it as an Administrator account).

BTW, sorry spiff for contributing the this thread hijack. I was editing this before you posted. smile.gif

JoeUser38

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2007, 01:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(kato66 @ Oct 12 2007, 01:05 AM) View Post

I having the same slow ftps with this new build. Files that used to take 3-5 mins is taking me upwards of 20-25 mins after updating this new build. But everything else is great, keep up the great work.

I haven't noticed any changes in FTP speed myself, but I did notice in the changelog they made changes in FTP.  In 10455, they added FTP Active Mode, and in 10456, the ftp client ignores the ip address given in the PASV response.  Maybe one of those changes is affecting some people, depending on their FTP client?

Joshatdot

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(mathie1 @ Oct 11 2007, 03:16 PM) View Post

i cant use the script downloader either .. but its not xbmc's fault, rather something with the site ... am i wrong ?? according other posts here i belive it is so ??

one other question ... when browsing an mp3 album i can use album information and then downloading a thumbnail to get displayed ... all albums are not listed here .. but for downloaded albums they most of the time iclude covers .. is there some way to add those covers for those albums not showing up ?!?!

FTP a folder.jpg to those album folders.

fiende

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »

i have 2 klick 2-4 times before i can get to the scriptdownloader so try klick a couple of times...
Pages: 1 2 [3]