xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - October 7th 2007 Svn Rev10457 Build  (Read 449 times)

phistyle

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - October 7th 2007 Svn Rev10457 Build
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

hey I'm not sure what happen but this is the first time I stumbled upon this...every build worked before when I go to video or music and click workgroup...then I select the computers on my network and then I pick a video or music file and stream it....in this build when i click workgroup(smb) network it gives me a "workgroup not found"  ...any help would be appreciated...

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(sofa king dumb @ Oct 9 2007, 11:14 AM) View Post

good to see new relases smile.gif
on side note does anyone know how to get x264 to play in xbmc?

Highlight the file, press "A".

If that doesn't work, highlight the file and press the white button. Use the "Play using" option to try it with the DVDPlayer.

If that doesn't work, re-encode the video.

elitegamer360

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »

Latest XBMC Releases are so Great, thank you very much. love.gif

mathie1

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 06:37:00 AM »

is there any ftp speed problems with this version ??? i had a version that was released this summer (dont know exact date) and yesterday i upgraded to this version ....afterwards my ftp and stream speed dropped ...

i use a dlink dwl-g810 ethternet bridge, a thompson adsl router and a dlink dwl-g520 pci card.

before the upgrade i had about 1000 kb/s in flashfxp when transfering files .... and when the upgrade was done i cant get out more than 300-400 kb/s, too slow for streaming dvd movies from the pc ... why !??!

another question is also ... why i cant get more than 1000 kb/s when my equipment supports 54 mbit (yes i know i dont get full speed, but sure i can get more than 1000 kb/s)

signal strenght in the pc is 5/5 so this couldnt be any problem

i also tried to transfer files wireless with a laptop that i located beside the xbox .. but not more than 300-400 kb/s to the xbox anyway ...

Is this related to the upgraded version or what could i do?? plz help !!!!

Nyx7

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(8BitBrad @ Oct 9 2007, 09:44 AM) View Post

Great build

One issue I have had is with the Mplayer. In the last couple builds I'm unable to fast forward and skip through internet streaming videos. LAN videos work fine. DVD player can fast forward and skip but in some streaming videos it stutters and doesn't get the fps like Mplayer. If I use the mplayer from build 9530 with the new build of XBMC it seems to be ok. Just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue.

Thanks for the weekly builds

Same problem here, the one thing I miss about XBMC is skipping through internetstreams. I've never been able to do that. All other video types I'm able to skip through just fine (LAN videos and dvd's ect).

Another option I would love to see is the possibility to save the currently playing stream to the xbox harddisk. I'm not sure if that is possible but it would be awesome.

Anyway keep up the great work.

Spongerob

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(8BitBrad @ Oct 9 2007, 09:44 AM) View Post

Great build

One issue I have had is with the Mplayer. In the last couple builds I'm unable to fast forward and skip through internet streaming videos. LAN videos work fine. DVD player can fast forward and skip but in some streaming videos it stutters and doesn't get the fps like Mplayer. If I use the mplayer from build 9530 with the new build of XBMC it seems to be ok. Just wondering if I'm the only one with this issue.

Thanks for the weekly builds

Same problem here. Since about ~2 months it doesn't work anymore. I am still using an old build for watching Joox and stuff. Would love to see that fixed.

Btw... in some internetstreams I have never been able to fastforward / rewind / skip, even in the older builds. It concerns those of the Dutch TV website 'Uitzending Gemist'. For example:

mms://cachemedia.omroep.nl/rambo02/0/id/NOS/serie/7Jnl_2000_ma-vr_n1/POW_00087832/bb.20071008.asf

The problem lies not in the streams themselves, since skipping / fast forward is no problem on my pc.

Anyway, thnx for all the great work!  biggrin.gif

Lezlyte

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »

Active FTP!!!!

aka STiXX

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »

this build looks delicious. i will have to taste it when i get home.  happy.gif

willers

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »

Anyone notice that after a complete fresh install of everything that the scripts downloader isnt working?

On a positive note have got the TV scraper doing exactly what I wanted it to do for the first time ever!  biggrin.gif

rukiddin

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(rukiddin @ Oct 8 2007, 02:41 PM) View Post

Thanks yet again for another great build.  

There is one bug I have reported several times that still exists (am I the only one who uses his XBOX to watch shows recorded on a Media Center?  I can't be).  Anyhow, I've reported it here

http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4111923

and in the Bug Tracker

http://sourceforge.n...amp;atid=581838

Here's the basic idea behind the bug.

The Step Forward +1 min and Step Backward -1 min (DPAD Right and Left) is still not working correctly on DVR-MS video files recorded on a Windows Vista Media Center. The problem appears to be in the mplayer.dll file since I have an older build of the mplayer.dll file which when installed fixes the problem.

The problem is that when you step forward +1 (DPAD right) the video jumps about 7 minutes on a 1 hour show (it jumps 10 minutes on a 30 minute show). When you step backward -1 (DPAD left) the video again jumps about 7 minutes on a 1 hour show, and the AUDIO stops working (if you jump forward again the audio works fine)

Is there anyone out there who can take a look at the MPLAYER.DLL and see what needs to be fixed in order to make the problem go away?  If anyone needs sample DVR-MS files, or whatever, just let me know, I'd be happy to provide them.  I have 4 XBOX systems around my house, and they are used primarily for watching shows recorded on my Media Center server, so this problem, while not the end of the world, is a glaring bug (especially when I'm trying to show off in front of my friends.. see what I can do with my XBOX?)

Since I really want to get this fixed, I did some more digging.  I downloaded all the SVN builds around the time when I think this problem started to occur.  I was able to confirm that the problem did not exist prior to the SVN_2007-06-04_rev9200 build.  So I looked up the changelog for that build and found the following:

2007-05-28  9130  updated: asf demuxer to mplayerhq version. contains a new version of John's dvr-ms demuxer code. (mplayer.dll) fixed: mplayer would spew out more caching messages than normal since rewriting of cache aborting routine (mplayer.dll) fixed: noise filter would use wrong image size for direct rendering wich caused libavcodec to break because of the changed stride of the image. (mplayer.dll)

It would appear that John's new dvr-ms demuxer code may be the root of my problems, as none of the other changes appear to have affected the mplayer.dll.  Who is John?  Can anyone forward this message to him so we can get this fixed?

Thanks again

Mike

Super-FX

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »

[quote name='willers' date='Oct 9 2007, 09:25 PM' post='4126845']

blittan

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(phistyle @ Oct 9 2007, 02:59 AM) View Post
hey I'm not sure what happen but this is the first time I stumbled upon this...every build worked before when I go to video or music and click workgroup...then I select the computers on my network and then I pick a video or music file and stream it....in this build when i click workgroup(smb) network it gives me a "workgroup not found" ...any help would be appreciated...

Got the same error, don't know what it is, but i went to settings, changed my workgroupname, didn't restart then changed it back and restarted when xbmc prompted. case solved smile.gif

fiende

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 04:15:00 PM »

dont remember if i have posted this before butt you people are often very skilled wink.gif

i steem all my movies from my pc from rar files like this.
and i cant get the movie  posters to download..

c:\starwars\lots of rarfiles

is there anyway to get xmbc to read the map name that the movie is located in instead of the name of the rarfiles or iso name ?

sorry its of topic :/

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(fiende @ Oct 11 2007, 08:51 AM) View Post

dont remember if i have posted this before butt you people are often very skilled wink.gif

i steem all my movies from my pc from rar files like this.
and i cant get the movie  posters to download..

c:\starwars\lots of rarfiles

is there anyway to get xmbc to read the map name that the movie is located in instead of the name of the rarfiles or iso name ?
sorry its of topic :/

Turn on the make Archives transperant option in video settings

defee

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »

Hi!

Thank you for this great build.

I have a question, how do I submit modifications ? I have updated the French strings.xml, how do I submit the new file to have it included in the next Rev ?

Also, looks like the Allociné scrapper is bugged, unfortunately this is a bit complicated for me!

(Try to search info for movies like "Next" you'll see what I mean)
Pages: 1 [2] 3