xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems With Imdb Lookups With Files On Smb Share  (Read 40 times)

jakejm79

• Archived User
Problems With Imdb Lookups With Files On Smb Share
« on: August 01, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »

OK This one has me a little puzzled;
I have quite a few movies, stored both on my xbox and a PC. If I try to look up movie info for a movie stored on the PC (SMB Share) it will straight away ask me to put the name in again and then just sits there searching the IMDB. If I copy it over to the xbox HDD it as no problems finding the correct movie info. I can look up TV shows and Music with out too many problems and these are stored on the same shares.

Also one other things I am having problems getting season art displaying for TV shows.
\TV Shows\Family Guy\folder.jpg will show up
but
\TV Shows\Family Guy\Season 1\folder.jpg doesnt and if i press the white button with that season highlighted and choose select season art and browse to folder.jpg it doesnt seem to save, I have tried deleting my cached tbn files put it didnt help.

jakejm79

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »

OK so after doing a fresh install of XBMC (latest build) and remapping all my shares, it did recognize the videos on my shares and could retrieve the IMDB data, but it only detected 1/2 the movies on my xbox HDD and the ones it detected wrong I tried to change them by going to individual movie info, but it asks for movie name, briefly displays "querying info - *movie name*" and then goes back to the enter movie name screen. No matter which movie i pick (one already scanned in, one on my share or actual HDD) it doesnt make a difference and if I do a general lookup from the IMDB link it will display all the movie name but once i click on one it just displays "not available" for all the other info. I have tried change DBs to search from (OFDB, etc) and I get the same results. I am using the latest T3CH build, rev 9731. Any help would be appreciated, strange thing is I have no problem looking up TV Shows.

jakejm79

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 11:28:00 PM »

Update, after trying an older build from 7/23 looks like the lookup problems are only on the shares again, it will just sit at the querying info screen until I cancel, yet ones on the xbox HDD lookup fine. Looks like I will be trying various builds from the last week or so.

mtsaint

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 02:06:00 AM »

i would just add the info to the files on the pc so the xbox(being rether limited in memory) can just stream the preconfiged data