xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Nominate Xbmc For Sourceforge.net 2007 Community Choice Awards  (Read 91 times)

Gamester17

• Archived User

It is almost time for this years SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards (CCA). This is the second annual SourceForge CCA, last year the XBMC (Xbox Media Center) project won two categories; "best multimedia project" and "best game project". If you are a registered user on SourceForge.net (registration is free) then you can help to make sure that the XBMC project is eligible for this years CCA as well by nominating the XBMC project to one or more categories. Later, once all final nominees been decided then everyone will be able to vote for the OSD (Open Source Development) projects of their choice in each category. This year Team-XBMC hope that you will help us be nominated in at least the "Multimedia" category, and maybe the "Best Project" category as well, (as it is possible to be nominated in more than one category). The prize: 'bragging rights' and the SourceForge.net CCA logo on the SourceForge.net XBMC project page.

Registered SourceForge.net users can submit your nomination for the XBMC project here (link)
(You can revisit the link to nominate the XBMC project in more than one category if you wish)

Signed / Team-XBMC

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Help Nominate Xbmc For Sourceforge.net 2007 Community Choice Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 06:36:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 05:41:00 PM »

Seems we need to go back and vote on the 9th of July, as well.

XBMC is certainly prize worthy.  beerchug.gif

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »

I voted for "Best Project", "Best User Support", and "Best Project for Multimedia"

juan_2006

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »

Has it been a year already? Time goes soo fast. Yes xbmc should win it and many more categories best software ever.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 11:34:00 PM »

The reason I have an xbox in every room in my house.  Even the garage!!!

YOU GET MY VOTE    love.gif     love.gif     love.gif     love.gif     love.gif     love.gif

C'mon guys, there are over 200,000 of us.  Sign the damn thing   beerchug.gif

T3CH

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 12:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deihmos @ Jun 9 2007, 06:07 AM) View Post

XBMC has been around for a long time and is a great software but it won this award last year. I don't think it deserves to win again.

Youre ofc entitled to your opinion, but come on! You say its great, free software, free support you dont think it deserves an award ?

With that opinion, youre gonna stop using XBMC tomorrow ?

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 01:46:00 AM »

It would have been a fair comment if XBMC hadn't been updated over the last year. But it has, so it isn't. May the best active project win.

Speaking of which, XBMC didn't get the overall award last year. Azureus got that one. Nor did it get second or even third place; I'm sure it deserves better.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 04:55:00 AM »

Done cool.gif I chose,

Best Project, Most Collaborative Project, Best Project for Gamers, Best Project for Multimedia

Can't wait till there Linux port is up and running in stable form then next year we can nominate that as well cool.gif

Illumi.Naughty

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »

Best for Multimedia & Best Project.
Because it is, Thanks Team XBMC!

Hope 07' goes like 06' did, good luck.

elupus

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »

I really wouldn't mind winning this year again. however i really dislike this advert on X-S homepage. It's one thing on our forum, but having it on xbox-scene is silly and just disrespecfull to all other people on the scene.

To X-S mod's and news poster, why not kick up a posting about active xbox related projects on SF instead of just us?

my two cents