xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Imdb Lookup Issue, Xbox Freezes  (Read 189 times)

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Imdb Lookup Issue, Xbox Freezes
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »

how do you look for movie info now.. b4 it was just by pressing the white button n looking for it but now that option its not there.. sorry for asking but havent been keeping up with the xbmc updates...

andw

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 11:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(GLiTcH @ Feb 23 2007, 01:42 PM) *

how do you look for movie info now.. b4 it was just by pressing the white button n looking for it but now that option its not there.. sorry for asking but havent been keeping up with the xbmc updates...

You go back one level to the folder that hold the files.
Then you click on the white button and "set source" - choose imdb and you can scan the entire folder etc.
After you have set the source for the folder you can use the white button on the files inside that folder to look at or get movie information.
(new way seems strange to me, but it works I guess - liked the old way better myself)

spiff

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »

(new way seems strange to me, but it works I guess - liked the old way better myself)

ignorance of the end user i guess. do you realize what you get with the new way? it wasnt implemented to make it more awkward (sounds like you imply this).

1) different backends - not only imdb
2) different content types - tv is in the works.

it's just such a freaking PITA to see the ignorant end users complain over all my hard work. :/

[Imported]Intruder

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 02:53:00 AM »

Finally sorted cheers all

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Int

SupaDawg

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »

For the record spiff, I think the new method is a fantastic idea. I haven't played with it a whole lot yet, but the idea of being able to query from sources other than the imdb is fantastic.

Naturally some users will be frustrated with the change as they've gotten used to doing things the same way for a very long time, but in the end it will be worth it. Besides, it beats the hell out of doing the thumbnails by hand.

Keep up the good work.

primal100

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »

I added the new scraper but the Xbox freezes on certain movies.  If I delete the movie it freezes on a different one...

When it freezes it doesn't say it is communicating with IMDB..but reading file contents.

Any ideas?

andw

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(spiff @ Feb 23 2007, 04:23 PM) *

ignorance of the end user i guess. do you realize what you get with the new way? it wasnt implemented to make it more awkward (sounds like you imply this).

1) different backends - not only imdb
2) different content types - tv is in the works.

it's just such a freaking PITA to see the ignorant end users complain over all my hard work. :/

Yikes !!
No offence intended.
Yes, I can see how much better the new way is and must thankyou for it.
Didn't intend to imply that it makes it more awkward, just was easier for us noobs to find before (so yes, ignorance is true).
Can't wait to see the TV option as well.
(we all good now  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »

the new content option is great and is a magnificent improvement.  but you cannot deny that it is awkward due to the fact that it is a change over the way it has been for such a long time.  however, with time, this "issue" will be a thing of the past...welcome to the continued evolution of XBMC!

naturaldisasta

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(primal100 @ Feb 24 2007, 10:53 AM) *

I added the new scraper but the Xbox freezes on certain movies.  If I delete the movie it freezes on a different one...

When it freezes it doesn't say it is communicating with IMDB..but reading file contents.

Any ideas?

Are these movies or folders immediately after containing rar files?  I found that unrar'ing fixed freeze problems (this is without new scraper btw)...

Exulus

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »

Sorry to be thick but how do you add a new movie to the database? I get that you set the content, and i scanned all the movies in the folder, however i recently added a movie and cant find where to imdb it in. I've pressed the white button (or is it black? I can never remember) but all i can find is an option to add manually. I want to add from imdb! Ta.

Xcursion

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »

I love the new options to get the movie information but I have a few problems. I tried to get the information for the movie Secretary (2002) but it showed the information about a documentary about one of Hitler's secretaries and not the movie which is listed as the popular movie when people search for Secretary. I also tried manually editing the title in Library mode but the movie never came back as a search result.

This post has been edited by Xcursion: Feb 25 2007, 01:22 AM

primal100

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(naturaldisasta @ Feb 24 2007, 04:21 PM) *

Are these movies or folders immediately after containing rar files?  I found that unrar'ing fixed freeze problems (this is without new scraper btw)...

I'll check...good idea.

This post has been edited by primal100: Feb 25 2007, 02:38 AM

RustyCage

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 04:30:00 AM »

Why can't i get movie information on rar'ed files anymore?
Do i have to unrar all movies?
Pages: 1 [2]