xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc + Itune Problem.  (Read 63 times)

Darkice

• Archived User
Xbmc + Itune Problem.
« on: January 14, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

I have a problem with XBMC.

I'm not able to configure Itune. I'm able to acces shoutcast Radio, SHOUTcast TV and all my other shared thing in my pc but i'm not able to configure Itune at all. I installed itune on my pc. I read a lot of tutorial where they said just configure xboxmediacenter.xml etc etc

First, I dont have Xboxmediacenter.xml or whatever it name. Second, Each time i try to enter the ip, it said Network cannot be found. I try 192.168.0.1, i tried my xbox dhcp 192.168.0.188 and i also tried my internet ip 72.54.xxx.xx. No success. All the time it network cannot be found.

My Firewall is disable, My itune is configured to share on the network.  Do i need to share an Itune folder with the xbox ?

I dont have a router. I have 2 Nics,  Xbox and pc can access internet. If someone know what to do to let me share itune with the xbox please let me know. i'm using the lastest version of XBMC.

P.S. If you move this topic to another place, let me know where.

Thanks.

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
Xbmc + Itune Problem.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Darkice @ Jan 14 2007, 01:06 PM) *
P.S. If you move this topic to another place, let me know where.
Moving to XBMC forums. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

evilkorn

• Archived User
Xbmc + Itune Problem.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »

The latest version of itunes does not work with the sharing with xbmc.  You needed to use an older version for the itunes share to work.  Or you could just use SMB and ditch itunes.