xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - January 09th 2007 Svn Rev7554-proper Build  (Read 350 times)

mironicus

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - January 09th 2007 Svn Rev7554-proper Build
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 05:04:00 AM »

I installed the latest build and now I have a problem with FTP.

Quix freezes sometimes if I try to upload a game to the box. With Avalaunch it runs fine.

FTP bug?

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »

use Avalaunch with Qwix, XBMC doesn't yet support Boost Mode so it takes much longer and isn't intended to work with Qwix...

elupus

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »

jiles:
an etheral log could potentially help. i'd still suspect that it's a firewall issue. we used to connect on port 137, now we try 445 first, some firewall don't show the port as closed, and thus we think it aught to be ok, and never falls back to 137.

setTopBox

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »

Thanks for the build!  So many of us rely on others to compile this stuff
so thank you smile.gif  

I think the new library feature is a wicked add on,  something I've been wanting
for a long time,  it would be cool if it read the iTunes XML file so that it sync'd right
off a host pc,  sorta like the DAAP share (but kepta local file).   Ack!  scrap that they changed things
with iTunes 7 didn't they? sad.gif

In the past couple of builds my library scan has crashed right when it scans a particular
.flac (a Zappa album).  It's scanning 100GB's of music,   would there be a log of what's going on?

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2007, 12:21:00 AM »

setTopBox: Yes, most likely.  If that doesn't give you (and us) more info, then we'll need a copy of the FLAC.

All: The SelectDialog problem (IMDb, weather selection etc.) was fixed a couple of days back (a few hours after T3CH made his build).

MantaADSL

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 01:53:00 AM »

SMB Issue

Query regarding SMB sharing.  I have installed this new build on one of my Xboxes and everything seems to work great apart from one issue that has never arisen before.  I have an SMB share for each of my movies, music and pictures from my computer and this has always worked perfectly before but for some reason on this build when I am for example playing a song from my SMB share if I back out of the music folder and go to any other folder that has SMB related info i.e. pictures, videos, file explorer what happens is that the song that is playing stops and automatically starts playing the next song.  This has only started happening on this build.  Has anyone else come across this issue?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I haven't been able to supply a log file to see it their is anything in there but I am work at present and if needed will get tonight when I get home.

D

allmdm

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 05:30:00 AM »

I love keeping up to date and obviously this time I had to boot from evox disc to fix the string issue.
Anyway, in the Dec17 version i had the selected item in the list bigger than the other items in the list with big icon and some other info displayed (in PM III).
Now I don't have this view anymore: where can I enable it again? Does it have a name?

10x
allmdm

pike

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(SmokeyFingaz @ Jan 12 2007, 01:05 PM) View Post

same here, ive gone back to a previous build

Thanks for informing us!

Have you reported the issues with this SVN build, or are you just waiting for someone else to do it ?

Hack_kid

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(MantaADSL @ Jan 12 2007, 10:00 AM) View Post

SMB Issue

Query regarding SMB sharing.  I have installed this new build on one of my Xboxes and everything seems to work great apart from one issue that has never arisen before.  I have an SMB share for each of my movies, music and pictures from my computer and this has always worked perfectly before but for some reason on this build when I am for example playing a song from my SMB share if I back out of the music folder and go to any other folder that has SMB related info i.e. pictures, videos, file explorer what happens is that the song that is playing stops and automatically starts playing the next song.  This has only started happening on this build.  Has anyone else come across this issue?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I haven't been able to supply a log file to see it their is anything in there but I am work at present and if needed will get tonight when I get home.

D

I am having the EXACT same problem and its only with SMB shares as well. I noticed one other thing i have two comps that i have SMB shares on my music is on PC_A and i also have some videos on PC_A and then i have Family Guy Episodes on PC_B if i go play music from PC_A then go into another share on PC_A (movies pics etc) it skips to next song like you said. if i go to a share from PC_B it doesnt. and this is the first build ive tryed since v2.0.1 final so i dont know how long its been going on. On a side note has anyone noticed with v2.0.1 if you have the libary set up and go into the songs catagorie then back out and go back in it creates a blank selection at the top or bottom of the list?

Thanks,

Hack_kid

Trigger911

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »

this version runs streaming files a lot faster than the last it also accesses the files off my pc a bit better but the subtiles always stay on when i set the default for off idk why. But a pretty slick build like always im using MC360 as my skin.

l8z
Triggz Out

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »

I've just loaded this onto 2 of my Xboxes, and I'm having a problem...on both of them.

I'll press "Play" on an album to listen to it (the album is located on my server).
The music will begin.
If I then exit to the main screen, click "My Videos", then click a remote share (on the same server the song I'm listening to is located), the song skips to the next one as though I pressed the "next" button.

I can click on other remote shares and there's no problem.

EDIT: This happens when using the remote control, and when using the controller.

elupus

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 04:14:00 AM »

this is a know issue with that build, it has been fixed in svn.

timo1023

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(TaeOH @ Jan 15 2007, 11:50 AM) View Post

Can you overwrite user data when you upgrade to the intermediate builds?

Yes. Just copy it over to the new build. Works perfectly.

A new T3CH build should be out with fixes within a few days, so try again then. The wide icon support is great!

TaeOH

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(timo1023 @ Jan 15 2007, 09:02 PM) View Post

Yes. Just copy it over to the new build. Works perfectly.

A new T3CH build should be out with fixes within a few days, so try again then. The wide icon support is great!

I actually tried the previous build and it does work well.  I tried it as an app first, then moved it to my dashboard after testing, which is the way I will go from now on.

Right now I need to figure out how to change the default music player, because PAplayer skips, while Mplayer plays fine.  Probably just an XML change, just need to research.  Also the Apple Movie Trailers are not streaming right any more, but that also happened on 2.0.1.  Not sure if I will try to fix that since downloading seems to work on one at a time.

Thanks

hoezonelayer2003

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »

Question, should I be using XBMC-SVN_2007-01-09_rev7554-T3CH-PROPER as a primary dash or wait until some more bugs are worked out ? Currently using 2.0.1.
Pages: 1 2 [3]