xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - December 17th 2006 Svn Rev7377 Build  (Read 289 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - December 17th 2006 Svn Rev7377 Build
« on: December 17, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

XboxMediaCenter SVN rev7377 build of December 17th 2006 compiled by T3CH.

This is a complete snapshot of what is in SVN at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions:
   + Killarny & Nuka1195 & Pikes AppleMovieTrailers (AMT) 0.93.5 FIXED (scripts: Apple Movie Trailers)
   + BritneysPAIRS's ~110 choosen Milkdrop presets (visualisations: MD - BPs Selection)
   + EnderW's XBMCScripts Installer 1.0 SCRIPT (scripts: XBMCScripts)
   + Rockstar's Snake 1.0 SCRIPT (scripts: Snake)
   + Codecs for mplayer (system\players\mplayer\codecs\:*)

Special Note From T3CH:

* Since I haven't seen any newer version of AMT than 0.93.5, I applied the fix floating around so atleast it works now.
* I also tweaked the win32 'run_me_first.bat' so it runs and then unmounts the virtual drives when you exit.
* I'm also including the 'XBMC Win32 PC environment' .exe that is meant for skinners & python developers, read more about the concept here. It was built using Microsoft DirectX Summer 2004 SDK.
* If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index....oper_Bug_Report

NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD:

sources.xml:
   keymap.xml:

Here is the FULL changelog since the December 10th 2006 SVN Rev7340 Build (last one posted on xbins/xbox-scene):

2006-12-17  7377  fixed: the last few seconds of a song wouldnt play
2006-12-17  7376  fixed: Added workaround for last row of pixels being cut off of TTF fonts.
2006-12-16  7375  fixed: CApplication::PlayMedia would not play internet streams that weren't playlists. (broke playback of such after recent playlist changes)
2006-12-16  7374  reverted accidental commit
2006-12-16  7373  reverted accidentical commit
2006-12-16  7372  fixed: "go to parent folder" sometimes didnt work correctly.
2006-12-16  7370  added: music db function to get primary album artists only
2006-12-16  7369  Changed : Updated PM3 media Thumb panels to the new panel code
2006-12-15  7368  changed: force calls to mplayer to align the stack to 16 byte boundary on function call. added: helper defines to make aligned function calls using dllloader GCC compiled dlls assumes stack is aligned on function entry, it will only ensure that the alignment is kept when going deeper, but this will be wrong if the caller is non gcc based. This misalignment will result in worse performance for mmx based rutines that uses variables on stack, and segfaults for sse based ones (no segfaults in current mplayer/libavcodec as I know of). Thus this change may increase performance for codecs wich are heavly mmx optimized.
2006-12-15  7367  Fixed : PM3 Skin Artist name getting cut off in Music Library list mode view
2006-12-15  7366  fixed: web stream pointing to a playlist that points to a playlist (nasa), would fail to play fixed: strm files where not possible to queue into current playlist fixed: webserver would crash xbmc if asked to add a specific url to playlist added: parsing of file based .asx and .ram playlist (web based worked partially before)
2006-12-15  7365  changed: when cdg is playing and music visualisation is none, the cdg background will be visible
2006-12-14  7364  Fixed : PM3 Video settings and Visualisation settings lists didn't wrap top to bottom Changed : PM3 re-enabled smooth scrolling in the Media list views
2006-12-14  7363  updated: swedish language (thanks to blittan) added: slovak language (thanks to 2ge) updated: maltese language (thanks to michelbugeja)
2006-12-13  7362  added: missing file formats for cube codec.
2006-12-13  7361  fixed: buffered file should not be in project
2006-12-13  7360  fixed: file reader didn't reset error state
2006-12-13  7359  updated: cube codec to v0.22. see http://www.hcs64.com/in_cube.html
2006-12-13  7358  fixed: video library didn't update the number of objects label correct when switching watched mode.
2006-12-13  7357  fixed: video library didn't respect 'ignore the when sorting' setting.
2006-12-13  7356  fixed: scanning a rar or zip file on a password protected share would show the login details.
2006-12-13  7355  added: enabling stacking flattens CDx/ folders with one video file in it prior to stacking.
2006-12-13  7354  fixed: unnecessary inclusion of stdafx.h. broke compilation of e.g. the changelog tool, as it pulled in a lot of headers outside our libpath.
2006-12-13  7353  fixed: wraplist would crash on load.
2006-12-13  7352  fixed: Animations that have no time length could queue more than once
2006-12-12  7351  fixed: dvdplayer would most of the time not switch to the selected fullscreen resolution
2006-12-12  7350  fixed: Casting to CFileItem from CGUIListItem could crash (eg in Movie Information view) due to no type checking
2006-12-12  7349  removed: reference to the ScriptInfo header in MyGameSave window (wasn't needed)
2006-12-12  7348  Fixed : Hard coded title text in PM3 Game saves window
2006-12-12  7347  changed: the play part context menu item now uses the stacking dialog as it should.
2006-12-11  7346  changed: removed odd extra function SetGUIResolution and made sure SetVideoResolution handled everything it previously did
2006-12-11  7345  fixed: splash screen was dysfunctional.
2006-12-11  7344  fixed: (hopefully) [ 1612898 ] Bug in IP Settings
2006-12-11  7343  fixed: my last cue sheet change introduced some bugs.
2006-12-11  7342  changed: removed download gamesave feature, as the website went down.
2006-12-11  7341  fixed: Movement of backward compatible thumbpanels towards <pagecontrol>

INSTALL NOTES from T3CH readme/nfo:

* APPLICATION INSTALL
- Fresh Install: Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder (or where you want it).
- Upgrade: Backup the XBMC\UserData folder. Transfer whole XBMC folder to Xbox.  Overwrite UserData folder with your backed up copy.

* DASHBOARD INSTALL (SOFTMODS)
ARE NOT COVERED IN THIS README, SEE http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=406656

* DASHBOARD INSTALL
- Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.
It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.
Instructions here: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard (Option 1).
Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
See APPLICATION INSTALL above.
- Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded) TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot  (see http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore,  and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).

* WIN32 PC ENVIRONMENT INSTRUCTIONS (WIN32 FOLDER)
Good to know, this requires DirectX9 Runtimes to be installed. Also this doesn't work with all graphics cards.
You need to:
- Copy XBMC_PC.exe & 'run_me_first.bat' from win32 to XBMC folder
- Run 'run_me_first.bat'
- Run XBMC_PC.exe

* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old settings (from UserData/guisettings.xml)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in UserData/Database/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!

INFORMATION from T3CH readme/nfo:

XBMC's online manual can be found at http://wiki.xboxmediacenter.com/ .
Any questions or support issues, are best asked in the XBMC support forums, which are located at http://forum.xboxmediacenter.com , or in the official IRC support channel, #XBMC on Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net).  (NOTE folks in #XBMC can't help with info where to find builds)

If you want other skins (make sure they are up-to-date and compatible before installing them), see
- http://www.allxboxskins.com/skins/index.ph...=XBMC&cat=0  or
- http://www.xbox-skins.net/forums/index.php?dlcategory=7

If you want other scripts (extra 3rd party components), see
- http://www.xbmcscripts.com or use the included script installer!

If you want trainers, grab them at
- http://www.xboxtrainers.net (no registration required)

The xbe has been retail patched and was built using v5849 of the XDK.

If you want to remove the startup logo, remove splash.png from the \media folder.
If you want to remove the startup sound, remove start.wav from the \skin\Project Mayhem III\sounds\ folder.

XBMC Changelog is included, see Changelog.txt
Skin Changelog is included, see Changelog_PM.txt

CHI3f

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

Nice, I was just wondering when a new revision would come out, then here it was.

This post has been edited by CHI3f: Dec 18 2006, 05:19 AM

nachomans

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

Scripts like XBMClyrics freeze xbmc in last build.

Is working on this build?

This post has been edited by nachomans: Dec 18 2006, 05:41 AM

kibito87

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 12:12:00 AM »

I'm sorry if i sound kind of stupid but what exactly is a SVN build? If it's not worth discussing here would somebody mind PM'ing me explaining it?

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 12:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(kibito87 @ Dec 18 2006, 08:12 AM) *

I'm sorry if i sound kind of stupid but what exactly is a SVN build? If it's not worth discussing here would somebody mind PM'ing me explaining it?
Checkout the latest version of XBMC in SVN and compile it. The result is a SVN build.

Checkout = download
SVN = SubVersioN, a system to maintain the source code of a program
Compile = turn something from source code into binary code, so that it is usable for a computer
Build = Binary version of a certain program, a 'build' version

Do NOT ask where to get compiled versions of XBMC.

Ow yeah, from my post in the previous SVN build topic:

* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
I don't think that's a good idea. It has been known to give some problems in the past. It also keeps your XBMC folder cluttered with some old, unused files.

My instructions for a full and clean upgrade:
  1. Get a new version of XBMC (either a T3CH release or compile it yourself). Do not ask where to get it.
  2. Start a dashboard on the Xbox which allows FTP file transfers but which is not XBMC. EvoX, UnleashX or Avalaunch will do.
  3. Copy everything from the UserData folder inside the XBMC folder to your computer. Forget this step when you are upgrading from a very old version (pre-2.0) or when your current XBMC is unstable.
  4. Delete everything inside the XBMC folder.
  5. Delete E:\TDATA\0face008 and E:\UDATA\0face008.
  6. Clean your cache. Delete the contents of E:\CACHE\, X:\, Y:\ and Z:\.
  7. Copy the new XBMC files to the empty XBMC folder.
  8. Copy the UserData folder on your computer to the XBMC folder (or the files inside the UserData folder to the UserData folder on the Xbox). Forget this step when you are upgrading from a very old version (pre-2.0) or when your current XBMC is unstable.
  9. Start XBMC on the Xbox using the dashboard you are currently using.
  10. If it works and you want to use XBMC as a dashboard, read the fine manual. If it does not work, try it again but skip steps 3 and 8. If it still doesn't work, use another version of XBMC and start again from step 1, skipping steps 3 and 8.

This post has been edited by The Zep Man: Dec 18 2006, 08:37 AM

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »

Bad news about the gavesave website going down. Oh well, live goes on. I wondered if it would/could be added in a future release some form of a Backup Save/Load Function that could be added for a user to be more automated that could backup things like the highly userd personal stuff.
  By that i mean, things like when you have to redo your system and want to retain your settings, or just plain update a Svn release, things like sources.xml are overidden, or all your database files and snap's, etc. I know it's not hard to backup sources.xml and other files you want to keep them for this reason for example (which is what i do now -f:\BACKUPS) or just delete sources.xml before FTP'ing over unless sources.xml got changed enough to warrent having to redo it again(update personal settings to newer version of sources.xml), but since features are added all the time to make it more easy, or CONVENIENT i guess, this would be a simple chance that has good bases behind why to add.
  Plus, it is sometimes about convenience, or Marketplace wouldn't have been done in the 1st place, since a lot of it has to do with adding capabilities for the xbox to download and install various different things without having to use the PC, download,extract,ftp over files to do  it. (Granted it does more then download,ie-Additional functions to tailer xbmc but this is just to give the big picture.)

Now, if this isn't of interest to be added, i am willing to try to make a script to do this (Maybe a 'Backup' script) to give a "Backup- []Load []Save" and depending on which files to all copy, or maybe have an option to do multiple area's of backup. I'm not good with pyton, but might be able to throw up something together by looking at anything out there now and working with that and maybe whoever might be able to help if i get in a pickle with a question on something. I think this would be  a great option. I hope i am not the only one that has had to rescan all movie files info's + Pictures due to my movies somehow loosing the thumbs, or sources files freq., or whatever really.

Tranzy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »

Sorry to post this into this one also ... (got no reply in the other build).

I've updated my v1 XBMC to XBMC-SVN 2006-12-10 rev7340-T3CH and i'm having the following problem:

My TV is a Philips 32PF9966 LCD 32" connected via HD to my xbox.

When calibrating my screen(under video) there are two modes that my LCD TV can't seem te handle. I think it's NTSC. I never had this problem with the older XBMC. Also i'm having a problem when i stream an ISO of a movie of my computer and go back with RED....the next time i want to view the movie again or another one i get no picture... i have to reboot in order to get it working again.

Is this a bug or is it my setup ?? Could this be fixed in the 7377 build ??..i mean do you think it is worth upgrading?

Last issue i'm having is that i cannot get my DVR-MS recorded files (MCE 2005) to scale correctly on my TV.

I did a clean install and removed the folders in my TDATA and UDATA

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

djdafreund, you simply back up and restore your UserData directory. That is what it was designed for. What's so hard about that?

pceptimus

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 06:05:00 AM »

when will memory cards be supported in the new gsm?

KevinSartori

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 06:25:00 AM »

Nice build!  Not a big deal, but I noticed a weird change in the My Music and My Videos areas.  I use PMIII and I like to look at my albums in "Big Icons" mode.  With my 50" HDTV set to 720p, I used to get two rows of three big icons, now I get two rows of four smaller icons. I already have thumbsize set to 256 in AdvancedSettings.xml, so being able to see the icons a bit bigger is nice.  Is this a permanent change in PMIII or is this just a specific change for this build?

Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks!

rockdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

Yah, I noticed that too.  I have two boxes.  One on a 4:3 TV and one on a 16:9 Tv and the 4:3 display is 2x3 as usual, but the 16:9 is 2x4.  I assume this is to take advantage of the added width of the widescreen display, but it seems like the covers are smaller than they used to be.  Granted, I didn't revert back and do a comparison, but right away they seemed smaller to me.  I agree that it's not a BIG deal, but I do like the covers as big as possible.  Hence why I use the big icons view.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

Well as for the number of Icons in 16x9 mode that was my fault sorry  I didn't even bother to check out how the old way was done and just made the new one I'll look into changing it back to a 3x2 grid soon

KeizerSoze

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

i wrote in the last post regarding the 12.10.2006 version about a bug calculating used space in file explorer.

when a user attempts to calculate used space, that little box (or whatever) that shows you xBmc is scanning the files, never goes away. this causes the user to have to restart xBmc each time they want to calculate any used space.

can someone PLEASE fix this? it used to work before the 12.10 release.

BTW - That new feature where what you're highlighting is enlarged and that new scroll bar thing is wack as hell!! someone needs to get rid of that! can i get an amen?!

i wrote in the last post regarding the 12.10.2006 version about a bug calculating used space in file explorer.

when a user attempts to calculate used space, that little box (or whatever) that shows you xBmc is scanning the files, never goes away. this causes the user to have to restart xBmc each time they want to calculate any used space.

can someone PLEASE fix this? it used to work before the 12.10 release.

BTW - That new feature where what you're highlighting is enlarged and that new scroll bar thing is wack as hell!! someone needs to get rid of that! can i get an amen?!

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(slumberpod77 @ Dec 18 2006, 07:14 PM) *

djdafreund, you simply back up and restore your UserData directory. That is what it was designed for. What's so hard about that?

I didn't say it was hard to do. I wasn't asking for my purposes though. I was just thinking it would be nice to have an save/restore option within xbmc to do this instead, thats all. It's not hard to download and ftp over theme's,pictures,sound theme's, etc either, but we still have Marketplace to simplify things and make things easily integrated. That all my point was. Remember, there are some people out there that don't have much knowledge at all about what 'copying files' even means ( i get some pretty strange questions from people using PC's when giving tech support to them every day) , and i'm just trying to be considerate of those people, this idea would help those people out.
  Thats why i even offered my help to try to make a script to do this if all else. That way those individuals who aren't too skilled with technology can still be able to backup stuff. Same reason why mc360 even has buttons labeled, even though most of us already know what each ones functions do. It's just something to be more helpful to those a little technologically challenged, thats all.

I wasn't asking this to be done for me, i was simply thinking of others out there not as skilled as us. A lot of XBMC features are to make things operate as easy as possible for the general public after all.  Remember how many times we see people ask simple and easy questions that have been answered many times, as well as sometimes even answered in the instructions even, those people i am trying to be helpful too. Thats just my nature.

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »

swell. please post about it in the correct forum. I think your ideas are pretty much crazy talk.
Here's the solution when updating XBMC: delete everything except your UserData directory, then upload everything from the new one except UserData. Wow, problem solved!
Pages: [1] 2 3