xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbmc As Dashboard  (Read 110 times)

jiggygent

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 12:16:00 AM »

well, i got my xbox up and running..  but i'm telling you guys.. i just can't figure out why it wont boot to xbmc.  I checked and checked and checked . the file names are accurate.  My evoxdash is under the name xboxdash.xbe.  This is exactly what i did step by step:  1st, renamed my original evoxdash to 123.xbe,  second, i renamed my shortcut by team xbmc.xbe to xboxdash.xbe and uploaded to my c drive, same directory that my evoxdash named 123.xbe is located.  I then opened up the shortcut by team xbmc.cfg file and changed the directory to E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe and uploaded that to my c drive as well after changing the name to xboxdash.cfg.  I did not touch anything in my xbmc folder..  restarted the xbox and nothing...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)   Am i doing something wrong???

This post has been edited by jiggygent: Oct 2 2006, 07:17 AM

skyzerr33

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 12:17:00 AM »

may be case senitive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

I have answered this question that many times it not funny! one else seems to have a problem

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=524234

This post has been edited by skyzerr33: Oct 2 2006, 07:22 AM

jiggygent

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »

yea, i thought that too..  the only thing that was different was Apps.. is actually APPS in my directory.. but I changed that just to make sure.. and still a no go..  I really appreciate the help skyzerr33  but it looks like their is something in between the lines that i'm just not catching here..  and I just can't see it..  curious thing though, originally i was changing the name of my evox dash from xboxdash.xbe to avalaunch.xbe and it was still booting.. but when i changed it to 123.xbe, thats when i lost evox alltogether.  Not that it has anything to do with my problem, but i thought it was interesting...  One other thing.. when I overwrote my old xbmc files with xbmc 2.0  the .xml file which wasnt with 2.0 is still there.. do you think this might have something to do with it???

This post has been edited by jiggygent: Oct 2 2006, 07:33 AM

Spunkymanker

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 12:31:00 AM »

yup, I do see the x2 config live screen..
I renamed the xbmc 2.0 folder to xbmc2, and installed XBMC-CVS_2006-09-24-T3CH (as e:\apps\xmbc), and used it with the same shortcuts, same bios, and same directory structure, and same problem..  trying an older build.

(case is matched exactly - "e:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe")

I like xboxdash.xxx best myself, so I renamed it..  
xboxdash.log reads

INFO - Mounting D: to \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2
INFO - launching cutfile: D:\xboxdash.cfg
INFO - openening cutfile: D:\xboxdash.cfg
INFO - Launching xbe: E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe

if that helps at all.

This post has been edited by Spunkymanker: Oct 2 2006, 07:41 AM

skyzerr33

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Spunkymanker @ Oct 2 2006, 04:32 PM) *

I renamed the xbmc 2.0 folder to xbmc2, and installed XBMC-CVS_2006-09-24-T3CH (as e:\apps\xmbc), and used it with the same shortcuts, same bios, and same directory structure, and same problem..  trying an older build.

Is this a typo (as e:\apps\xmbc) make sure it's E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe XBMC in caps
as it comes straight out from the .rar as XBMC

Spunkymanker

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »

yup yup.. I wasn't paying attention when I typed the post.  while you were replying, I was editing the post to clarify.. hehe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

skyzerr33

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 12:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Spunkymanker @ Oct 2 2006, 04:32 PM) *

(case is matched exactly - "e:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe")

I like xboxdash.xxx best myself, so I renamed it..  
xboxdash.log reads

INFO - Mounting D: to \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2

if that helps at all.

It does help right here

You didn't rename your shortcuts right
rename the xbe it's about 64k to xbmc.xbe
and the xboxdash.cfg to xbmc.cfg

Recheck your x2config.ini make sure it says dash1Name = c:xbmc.xbe

Deletee those logs and try again

This post has been edited by skyzerr33: Oct 2 2006, 07:58 AM

Spunkymanker

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 01:20:00 AM »

I did try it as xbmc.cfg and xbmc.xbe, with my x2 ini pointing to that file, same problem if they're named xbmc or xboxdash. No difference in functionality.

I tried with the 2.0 final, as well as
XBMC-CVS_2006-09-24-T3CH
XBMC-CVS_2006-07-09-T3CH
XBMC-CVS_2006-01-01-T3CH

the 01-01 works fine.  (not sure if it makes any difference, but the newer three don't have the xboxmediacenter.xml, and the 01-01 does.. )

If I run the 2.0 final as an app from inside the 01-01, (my programs), it goes to a blank screen for a moment, then drops back to the 01-01 xbmc..  which continues to function normally.

FunkyD

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 01:40:00 AM »

Yeah the shortcut xbe released with the XBMC-2.0.0-FINAL-FAT-T3CH is dodgy.

I had the same problem with the blackscreen with nothing coming up after the xbox animation, so I tried using a shortcut xbe from a distro I knew worked - the XBMC-CVS_2006-06-18-T3CH one.

I just replaced the shortcut xbe with the one from a previous release..and well now XBMC 2.0 works fine as my dashboard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Spunkymanker

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 01:41:00 AM »

Ok.  FIXED!

Previously, I have been doing all file transfers using the xenium OS.  (FTP and SMB).  
Once I had that older (2006.01.01) xbmc installed and working, I ftp'd in using the xbmc ftp server.  I put the new xbmc 2.0 (FAT) in e:\Apps\XBMC2\
I then changed my x2config.ini to reference "e:Apps\XBMC2\default.xbe"
and it loaded fine, first try!

So, my only guess is that the xenium OS software was corrupting files.

skyzerr33

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 01:47:00 AM »

The problem was you added a 2 after XBMC folder

Excellent! good to hear

This post has been edited by skyzerr33: Oct 2 2006, 08:50 AM

Spunkymanker

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 01:53:00 AM »

no, the XBMC2 is the one that is working properly now.  the older (01.01) is in Apps\XBMC still.  XBMC 2.0 is in Apps\XBMC2, and is working fine as my dash.

skyzerr33

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 02:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Spunkymanker @ Oct 2 2006, 05:54 PM) *

no, the XBMC2 is the one that is working properly now.  the older (01.01) is in Apps\XBMC still.  XBMC 2.0 is in Apps\XBMC2, and is working fine as my dash.

Well yes because you changed bios to boot up dash1Name = E:\Apps\XBMC2\default.xbe

The folder just have been named XBMC in the first place

Spunkymanker

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 02:06:00 AM »

You're absolutely correct.  Though when I was using the files copied over with the xenium OS..  it was Apps\XBMC.   I have now deleted the old (and un-needed) 01.01 xbmc, renamed the XBMC2 folder to XBMC, and changed the appropriate links in my x2config.ini, and it works great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So the fix for anyone like this..  don't copy the new xbmc 2.0 with xenium OS's ftp or smb server.  Copy over another ftp server (such as an old xbmc), and use that instead.

jiggygent

• Archived User
Xbmc As Dashboard
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(FunkyD @ Oct 2 2006, 03:11 AM) *

Yeah the shortcut xbe released with the XBMC-2.0.0-FINAL-FAT-T3CH is dodgy.

I had the same problem with the blackscreen with nothing coming up after the xbox animation, so I tried using a shortcut xbe from a distro I knew worked - the XBMC-CVS_2006-06-18-T3CH one.

I just replaced the shortcut xbe with the one from a previous release..and well now XBMC 2.0 works fine as my dashboard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

FunkyD you genius! lol.. you were right!  The shortcut included in my XBMC-2.0.0-FINAL-FAT-T3CH release was dodgy!  I downloaded the T3CH slim release and just took the shortcut from their and renamed them exactly as I have been doing this whole damn time!  xboxdash.xbe and xboxdash.cfg, put them in my c drive and wala!!  it works!  I knew I wasn't goin crazy... I thought I did everything correctly, but just couldn't find what my problem was.  So if it helps with anyone elses xbmc as a dashboard problem.. just try a different shortcut from another release and see if that works.  Thanks again guys for all the help..
Pages: 1 [2]