xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - July 03rd 2006 Cvs Build  (Read 301 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - July 03rd 2006 Cvs Build
« on: July 03, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

XboxMediaCenter CVS build of July 3rd 2006 compiled by T3CH.
This is a complete snapshot of what is in CVS at the time the build was compiled, with just a few small additions.

Special Note From T3CH:

* Since XBMC is in a FEATUREFREEZE at the moment, I've decided to make more than one BUILD per week.
If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see http://www.xbmc.xbox...oper_Bug_Report

* Please note: Support for skins with versions < 2.0 has been removed

* XBoxMediaCenter.xml has been removed. Rootfolder shouldn't contain any xml files now.
See this folder http://www.xbmc.xbox...UserData_Folder, bookmarks are now in UserData\sources.xml.

NOTEWORTHY, XML and SCRIPT CHANGES IN THIS BUILD

* Keymap.xml: none
* XBoxMediaCenter.xml: HAS BEEN REMOVED! (bookmarks are kept in UserData\sources.xml)

Here is the FULL changelog since the June 25th 2006 build (last one posted on xbins/xbox-scene):

- 03-07-2006 changed: use alternate time calculation for dvdplayer if ffmpeg gives us negative duration
 - 03-07-2006 changed: builtin skin.theme now uses delayed skin loading bumping the usability somewhat.
 - 03-07-2006 changed: ignore "the" when sorting now applies to programs.
 - 03-07-2006 fixed: Fixed WMC not being detected right away
 - 03-07-2006 fixed: Removed need for SsdpProxy when only interested in WMC on the host
 - 03-07-2006 fixed: Removed browsing to upnp:// in NetworkSetup, now behaves like Daap
 - 03-07-2006 fixed: Changed default Network name from UPnP Server to Windows Media Connect (UPnP)
 - 03-07-2006 fixed: Removed duplicate code in AutoRun/PlayDisc function.
 - 03-07-2006 fixed: [ 1515857 ] Default bookmark and back problem.
 - 02-07-2006 fixed: PyMappingMethods were not included for Pythons playlist.  __getitem__, __len__ & __setitem__
                     It is subscriptable, Use PlayList[int] to retrieve a playlistItem.
 - 02-07-2006 fixed: navigation could get stuck in media windows if a server disappeared. also, this incidentially adds upnp support! thx a bunch to c0diq, see http://www.plutinoso...ry/blahblah/120
 - 02-07-2006 added: shadowColor to the ControlButton in Python.
                     - If you want a label with a shadow, use the button without textures smile.gif
 - 02-07-2006 fixed: subtitles where centered according to overscan corrections
 - 02-07-2006 fixed: filenames with an @ signed in them in the root of dvd/cd's would refuse to play
 - 01-07-2006 added: two new python functions:
                     xbmc.playSFX(filename) -- Plays a wav file by filename
                     xbmc.enableNavSounds(yesNo) -- Enables/Disables (True/False) nav sounds
 - 30-06-2006 changed: a toast message is displayed if last.fm username/password is wrong
 - 30-06-2006 added: visible condition Weather.IsFetched, is true if the weather data is downloaded
 - 30-06-2006 fixed: smb shares with special chars (spaces, %..) in them would fail to use correct authentication information when opening files.
 - 29-06-2006 fixed: While scanning, tag reading and remote thumb lookup was enabled in My Music Files.
 - 29-06-2006 fixed: shortcuts in my programs misbehaved slightly.
 - 28-06-2006 fixed: XLink Kai crash on load.
 - 28-06-2006 added: builtin command skin.theme. cycles skin themes (skin.theme(-1) to go backwards). skin label "skin.currenttheme". themes are now at the mercy of the skinner.
 - 28-06-2006 added: AIFF codec to paplayer.
 - 28-06-2006 fixed: Editing of text containing UTF8 character codes could cause crashes.
 - 28-06-2006 fixed: Listcontrol could sometimes truncate one character when not scrolling the selected item.
 - 26-06-2006 fixed: "Query Info For All Albums" accessible in files & library. Now Playing is now fully accessible at the bottom of context menus.
                             Item count fixed and a check for * all items and parent folder implemented.
                             Also localized a few of the strings.
 - 26-06-2006 updated: Dutch language file (Thnx to nightspirit)
 - 26-06-2006 updated: Chinese (Simple) language file (Thnx to omenpica)
 - 26-06-2006 updated: Russian language file (Thnx to que_)
 - 26-06-2006 updated: Norwegian language file (Thnx to vnm)
 - 26-06-2006 changed: cddb info is displayed even if tag reading is disabled
 - 26-06-2006 fixed: if cddb is disabled, the content of a cd is listed, then cddb is enabled, the info from cddb is not displayed
 - 26-06-2006 changed: moved playlist window content into a directory class
 - 26-06-2006 changed: moved shares of media windows into the view state
 - 26-06-2006 fixed: some dll loader cleanup and additions, attempt 2 (python was broken since the 24th after previous version of this)

Install notes from T3CH readme/nfo:

* DASHBOARD INSTALL (softmods)
See http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=406656

* DASHBOARD INSTALL
- Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.  It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.
Instructions here
Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.
Upload to Xbox.
- Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...
Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded) TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot  (see here or read your BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).

* APPLICATION INSTALL
Edit XBMC\xboxmediacenter.xml to your liking.
Transfer _whole_ XBMC folder to your APPS folder.

* UPGRADE TIPS
If you're updating from a VERY old/bad build you may get issues. Follow these simple rules:
- Replace (FTP OVERWRITE) all files in your XBMC folder with fresh ones from your new build
- Delete old savegame/settings (from E:/TDATA/0face008)
- In some rare cases some of the database files in XBMC/Albums/*.db may need manual deletion (usually if they are very old). Note: This loses all per file settings you made with the old build!

The XBMC manual is available on The XboxMediaCenter manual has also been updated with information about the trainer feature, check it out on http://xbmc.xbox-scene.com/wiki/.
You can add more scripts and skins yourself if desired. You can download them from http://allxboxskins.com, http://www.xbox-skins.net and http://www.xbmcscripts.com.
Keep in mind this is a CVS snapshot of the current development tree. It's not a official (stable) point release. Use only if you know what you are doing.

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

For those who do not read the full post here is the major thing:

What happend to the XBoxmediacenter.xml?

rramoutar

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

I really like the changes in the skin...the info tags and new filemanager. PMIII is the best skin!!!

I have one question...I used that new option in My Music...to get all the album information from CDDB for all my albums. I also tried retrieving the information separately for each album. The information comes down from the net fine...but it does seem to be saved anywhere. The next time I look up the album information it apparantly goes back to the net for it. Isn't suppose to stored locally (like the IMDB info)? I also checked the UserData\Database\CDDB folder and there were not any files in there. Unlike the IMDB folder which contained numerous files for all my movie information. Do I have some setting wrong? I browsed around the online manual to see if I missed some new setting but it seems to be configured fine.

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »

It only stores it in the database if you have your albums in the library.

Will remove the option completely from files view to avoid this confusion.

AmyGrrl

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

I installed this new build and it's working great.... It took me about 5 minutes to figure out what you did with the xboxmediacenter.xml file, luckly I figured that out on my own.... =(IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)= The only thing that I don't liked with PMIII Skin is the missing Games/Emulators/Apps/DVD-Game sections on the left when you click on My Programs.... I do hope they return soon... but I fixed that by restoring the MyPrograms.xml from a previous T3CH build... and I'm glad XLink Kai is working....

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »

Play around with skin settings and see what you find.

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 12:06:00 AM »

ArmyPerson: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=524948
go about halfway down the first page.

also, i predict this release will cause many annoying "XBMC BROKE MY XBOX!" posts sad.gif people on the internet can't read. think about it, it'll mess with your head smile.gif

nachomans

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

So I can edit sources.xml like I did with xboxmediacenter in the past, right?

This post has been edited by nachomans: Jul 4 2006, 02:18 PM

Caroline

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »

Great Build - I love the recent changes!  Thank you!!

AmyGrrl

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(slumberpod77 @ Jul 4 2006, 07:13 AM) View Post

ArmyPerson: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=524948
go about halfway down the first page.

also, i predict this release will cause many annoying "XBMC BROKE MY XBOX!" posts sad.gif people on the internet can't read. think about it, it'll mess with your head smile.gif

I know, someone pointed it out to me earlier. I did ask what happened to them a month ago on the XBMC forums and was told they had been removed. No one said anything about the new changes. Which was why I was restoring them manually. I know have the Bookmarks setup correctly. but I didn't notice one small glitch. When you add those bookmarks on the left you can no longer go press up after the 1st bookmark entry. You have to keep pressing down to have it cycle back up to the top.

nachomans

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 09:45:00 AM »

I think you should edit "ondown" "onup", properly to avoid problems scrolling...
Or change the ID of the buttons..

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

just edit the onup tag of the first button. changing button id's is generally asking for trouble.

andyparker1970

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

Great release!!
One little problem. I have my XBOX connected with an HD lead. Setting the GUI resolution to best or 1080i makes the RSS feeds scroll very slow, but at 720p all is good. Is there any way of speeding up the scrolling.
Running at 1080i makes an amazing difference. The other thing I noticed, on previous releases setting to 1080i made the text very smaller, but in this version it keeps the text same size and really sharp.
Once again great release!!!

Patman666

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

Noticed that the delete and rename options from the contextmenu in MyVideos, MyPictures and MyMusic are gone...

While the "Allow rename and delete" option in settings is ticked.

Robotic Clone

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

Hmm I can't find this build in the "usual place", has it been uploaded yet or did you guys compile it yourselves?
Pages: [1] 2 3