xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - April 12th 2006 Cvs Build  (Read 356 times)

DrTek

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - April 12th 2006 Cvs Build
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 03:44:00 AM »

Are yoh sure you fixed the temperature reading for 1.6 xboxes?

My CPU temperature went up from 45 °C to 56 °C in XMBC

My self installed thermometer is still at 45 °C.

pablot

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 05:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(DrTek @ Apr 13 2006, 11:51 AM) View Post

Are yoh sure you fixed the temperature reading for 1.6 xboxes?

My CPU temperature went up from 45 °C to 56 °C in XMBC

My self installed thermometer is still at 45 °C.

The temperatures may not be correctly calibrated. But it is now actualy using a temperature sensor for the CPU, it wasn't doign that before, it was simply using the gpu temp for the cpu.. How is your selfinstalled thermometer getting the temperature?

and some temp diffs at different temperatures would be good for calibration.

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 06:10:00 AM »

Did some testing befor this went into cvs with a 1.1 and one 1.6 xbox

After +5 hours on i checked and both reported ~ the same temp (55 and 53 if i remeber right).

As said, befor this the cpu temp was not even close to right....

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »

You can't setup a kai game from under the Games/Emulators/Programs section. The only why to play a kai game is to go into the Kai section, select the game to join, then the 'play' button to launch the game. Why can't XBMC simply tell where the game if being launched from. When you click 'play' under kai, why can't it just disable any trainers for that game then launch it. Then just allow trainers everywhere else, like the Games/Emulators/Program sections. This way you don't have to keep turning kai on and off.

ya thats not true at all .. you can enter a kai arena in xbmc and than back out and go to my programs, launch the game and play system link .. you DO NOT have to hit PLAY to use kai .. you can shut off your xbox and load a disc and it will still work on kai , the engine is running on your pc, xbmc is a UI, think of it as a dumb terminal  ..

think about it , you don't even need XBMC to use kai so how can the PLAY button be the "only why to play a kai game" (quoted from above, spellin and all :] ) ..  

having said that , i think the way it is now is fine :]

nice build.

kics

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 06:28:00 PM »

xbmc v2.0 near ??? c'mon this cvs has less fixes and certainly less bugs are coming out ...

pike

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(kics @ Apr 14 2006, 01:35 AM) View Post

xbmc v2.0 near ??? c'mon this cvs has less fixes and certainly less bugs are coming out ...

what type of comment is that, this build was made 2 days after the old one.
-stupid comment removed-

No 2.0.0 isnt close, reason so little fixes is because there's just 2 days between builds, nothing else.

Caldor

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 10:03:00 PM »

I can understand Pike's point of view. Think of it from his side. It's only been two days since the last test built by T3CH was compiled.

Whats more, this is a voluntary project where people like Pike have roles as Project Managers. Do you know how much it costs to hire an experienced project manager in commercial projects? When you download and install XBMX think of all the functionality your getting for free. It's not hard to interpret your comments and demanding.

If you want to see XBMC get to the next point release as quickly as possible, my advice to you is what are you doing to contribute to that outcome? What properly formatted bug reports have you done on sourcefore to assist the developers track down the remaining errors? If you put time into that area you would be helping them - and helping yourself get it earlier.

japhule

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »

In the 4-10 build, as soon as I start a video, I cannot access the on screen menu, or do any commands like ff, stop, pause, basically nothing for the first 5-10 seconds.  Is this problem still in the 4-12 build?

jhondra

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Caldor @ Apr 13 2006, 09:10 PM) View Post

I can understand Pike's point of view. Think of it from his side. It's only been two days since the last test built by T3CH was compiled.

Whats more, this is a voluntary project where people like Pike have roles as Project Managers. Do you know how much it costs to hire an experienced project manager in commercial projects? When you download and install XBMX think of all the functionality your getting for free. It's not hard to interpret your comments and demanding.

If you want to see XBMC get to the next point release as quickly as possible, my advice to you is what are you doing to contribute to that outcome? What properly formatted bug reports have you done on sourcefore to assist the developers track down the remaining errors? If you put time into that area you would be helping them - and helping yourself get it earlier.

/nod!  I agree.  Pike can seem a bit abbrassive at first, but once you've seen all the bitching and moaning he puts up with about a wonderful product that is done for FREE, you begin to understand why the fuse is so short.  It is (for the most part) a very thankless job.

-Jhondra

Icantfindanick

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »

Does anyone else's screen turns black when you insert a game DVD? (and autorun not set). It goes back to normal when you press back. I'll try with different media types later on.

ghostdog69

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

I have an issue which was not in the 4-10 build, but is new for me in 4-12.  I have video output set to 720p.  When playing a dvd it switches resolution to 1080i.

tslayer

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(ghostdog69 @ Apr 14 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post

I have an issue which was not in the 4-10 build, but is new for me in 4-12.  I have video output set to 720p.  When playing a dvd it switches resolution to 1080i.

Read the README.  Pretty sure it talks about the auto resolution stuff.  Check your settings.

ghostdog69

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(tslayer @ Apr 14 2006, 05:34 PM) View Post

Read the README.  Pretty sure it talks about the auto resolution stuff.  Check your settings.

I fiddled with the settings and got 720p back.  I just found it weird that this was the first build that did this for me.

nige182

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

My first bug report. Anyway, not sure if this is a bug in XBMC or the PM3 skin, either way, hopefully it can be easily fixed and also not cause a problem for MC360.

Running latest T3CH build (as topic) and this is what I did to notice the bug:
I edited the XboxMediaCenter.xml file (only two minor changes) to have 2 folder depth for the programs section under applications (which works fine) and to have an extra tab in applications (which makes the bug appear). Anyway, this is what it does, if you have animations on you know how the left hand side with the options appears onto the screen when you select applications from the main page, well the bottom option (in this case DVD-Game as I added my extra option higher up) doesn't come on to the screen by the animation the others do, it is just there (would be much easier to see what I mean if you recreate it), anyway it is selectable as it should be and if you back out of applications it is animated on leaving the screen, just when it appears on the screen the animation doesn't work correctly. I hope this is enough information, if not I can upload my XboxMediaCenter.xml file.

ThorPer

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »

Browsing of SMB shares doesn't work for me on ONE of my servers. Both are XP. Didn't on the build from 10th either. Have to downgrade to 3-28 for it to work.
This is the error log msg:
3:27:40 M: 35233792   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://mycomputer/Series/'
                             unix_err:'7' nt_err : 'c0000022' error : 'Access denied'
03:27:40 M: 35233792   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(smb://mycomputer/Series/) failed

Pages: 1 [2] 3