xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - April 10th 2006 Cvs Build  (Read 632 times)

halofun121

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - April 10th 2006 Cvs Build
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 05:34:00 AM »

For those of you who are having problems with things (menus not loading, some features not working etc.) try deleting your old build completely off of your xbox and put the new one on it. I found that a fresh install fixxed my problems.

Muzzakus

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 06:23:00 AM »

Hey is the True type font working for Subs?  the Arial.ttf file is there, but does not show up.  

I run my font bigger (1080i) in 54 point as opposed to the regular fonts maxing out at 28 - and nice and yellow colout for extra visibility !

Can anyone confirm please.

Cheers,
Muz

ZakMcRofl

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 06:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(pike @ Apr 11 2006, 12:24 PM) View Post

It's not the additions that break stuff, it's us trying to rewrite/fix old bugs. I don't appreciate your tone one bit. THink before you speak in future

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh earlier. However you can't tell me that those additions are bug free. Every new piece of code has bugs and increases the likelyhood of introducing new bugs.
Then again I'm not on the XBMC team and maybe your coders don't make mistakes. I know its hard to stick to "feature freeze" because people will always have new ideas and new stuff to add. I was merely pointing out that it might be a good idea to actually NOT have any more "added: ..." if you want to have a stable release anytime soon.
I have seen it happen to other projects as well. With every code you add you get more bugs to fix, with every of those new bugs you fix you might introduce others.
Anyways, I don't want to upset you, XBMC is a great piece of software and 99% of the bugs are minor. I'm looking forward to your stable release.

aHorseofCourse

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 06:36:00 AM »

Are you sure that it is in 720p because I fired up the new version and as the video resoltion can be set, it had auto selected 1080i.

I must say this that for me this is an amazing release and personally I have no issues left bar a perfect dvd player, incredible work!

Thanks for the reply, keifling. I did see that and ran through all the video resolution settings. The flicker problem remains. Just wondering what could have possibly changed. Maybe my AV cable is going and it's just a coincidence I've only noticed it with the new build.

Pimpalicious316

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »

ok, i got the game situation mostly solved (thanks guys!). doing the "uncheck show only default.xbe" and then rescanning did it for me. but...

my trainers aren't working. i disabled xlink kai and updated the trainer list. they all show up for the right games, but pressing the white button now ony brings up this:

IPB Image

and also, i have an extra space being taken up at the very top of my games list:

IPB Image

it's the arrow looking thing that takes me back up a level in the menu directory. this wasn't on my last build (mid-march). how do i get rid of it? i am anal about my game organization smile.gif

~Andrew

njptrading

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »

Got a problem! It's with the XBMS protocol, and CCXgui. I can't stream anything off my PC anymore (music or vids). I can however browse my shared folders (set in CCXgui), but thats all. selecting media to play results in nothing happening.

What's happening? a bug with the new CVS? I've started XBMC from scratch (deleted, removed all cache/temp files, etc). Even edited the .XML from the new build too (with the xbms shortcuts to my pc).

One thing i havent tried is loading the previous build (yet) but while this in progress, any suggestions or is this a definite bug here?

Before anyone tells me to to use standard file sharing, i can't as my pc's HD's are under constant stress and this jerks my playback around alot, whereas XBMSP keeps playback smooth.

njptrading

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

Okay i can confirm that this must be a bug. With the previous T3CH build (3-28) the streaming works fine. With the latest build it does not.

That's with using the new XboxMediaCentre.XML (with the rss feed change), otherwise identical when i tried both builds.

Could someone else confirm this is a bug?

As this is of high importance for me, have shifted back to the previous build, but can i just say, EXCELLENT WORK with the skin animations! Suddenly XBMS looks that bit more professional (not that it didnt before!), no wonder it won the award that it did - fully deserved by the team. Truely the best media player ever across any platform (even PC). Nothing comes close for simplicity yet tons of features.

Crimsonfox

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »

I have the same problem with the trainers, also when I edit the path to my programs it changes back when I restart the xbox unless  I edit XboxMediaCenter.xml manually

Pimpalicious316

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(jhondra @ Apr 11 2006, 04:35 PM) View Post

Ditto.
Did you actually put the trainers in the system folder???  I'll have to wait until tonight to upgrade when I get home from work...

As for that up arrow in the games list...it has been there for a while now, IIRC.

-Jhondra

the trainers are in E:\ROOT\trainers (same as they have always been. worked with the last build). i pointed the xml file to that directory and it sees them all (per the trainer icon on the appropriate games) but it won't let me do anything with them.

and that arrow is frustrating. i am crazy OCD about my organization lol. is there no way to turn it off. it definetly wasn't in my last build before i upgraded (a mid-march build).

~Andrew

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

settings/appearance/view options/hide parent folder items

Pimpalicious316

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(nuka1195 @ Apr 11 2006, 05:29 PM) View Post

settings/appearance/view options/hide parent folder items

oh Lord, THANK YOU!!!

arrow gone smile.gif

any solution to the trainers yet?

effinboy

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

I concur on the trainers enabling/disabling not working.

Great job on the animations, very slick, perhaps there will be some options on how the panels come in to the frame in the future? While I love the fact that it animates, I'm not too fond of the "My _____" selection panel swinging up like that, maybe just a slide in?

Keep up the good work. biggrin.gif

jiggajake

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 11:26:00 AM »

Does anyone have a link to this build to download?  Or is this located on an FTP server.  I forgot the server IP / login after my format sad.gif

~Jigga

mrogers

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

Nice build! Love the animations, except the way that the home menu "slices" out isn't quite to my taste. Perhaps a simple slide, or I would actually prefer a quick-zoom fade effect...kind of hard to describe, but I picture it zooming toward you (getting bigger) and fading out as it blends into the next screen whenever you click on a home screen button.

Everything works perfectly for me so far, no problems with this build.

tslayer

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pimpalicious316 @ Apr 11 2006, 10:08 PM) View Post

your trainers work?

if so, how did you get them to work? what directory are they stored in?

The My Programs issues have been fixed in CVS now... Either build a new version yourself or wait for next build.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4