xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Per-folder View Settings?  (Read 82 times)

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Per-folder View Settings?
« on: February 22, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »

Hi,

Is there a way to have view settings on a per-folder basis?

For example, for my videos, some folders I like to view in List mode (mainly my TV shows), and others I like to view in the Big Thumbnails mode (mainly my Movies). Sometimes it's really annoying to have to switch it all the time.

Is there a way to do this?

imamafackinhokie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »

I wanted to know the same thing.  I thought I tried setting my music to details, games to thumbnails and emulators to big icons, and restarted, but they all went back to list.

j_guzzler

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

right now it kinda works on a percentage basis (set it up in video/music/programs settings).  YOu can set it so that if there are thumbs present then it will be thumbs or big thumbs, if there are no thumbs present then it will be list.  YOu can also do percentage, if you have like 75% no thumbs then it will be list etc.

SO this works well for me as for videos they all have thumbs so i want the displayed, and then for my tv shows it goes to list since there is only one thumb (show thumbnail, eg picture of the simpsons).

FOr music (set up artist-album-song)  it shows the artists in list, albums in large thumbnail view and songs in list again.....