xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Team Xored And Xbmc: Working Together As One  (Read 326 times)

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
Team Xored And Xbmc: Working Together As One
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 11:45:00 PM »

Hi hope Mike hope you liked the graphical look of your logo, and got all the source for it. If you want it changed in anyway (including to your own one) let me know via pm.

spiff

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2006, 05:56:00 AM »

we've tried to minimize the risks, by

a) obviously, not enabling trainers when launched from kai menu
cool.gif adding a check for kai connected when u launch in normal mode (and disabling it).

of course anybody with a bit of coding skills could bypass them, but atleast we've done an effort...

T-Bagz

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(AbRASiON @ Jan 23 2006, 08:32 PM) View Post

Ok I'm going to come right out and say it, since the press release doesn't seem to do much for me.

What the heck is the ETM / XBTF and why should I be giddy as a schoolgirl about it's addition to XBMC?
The press release seems to be too busy "fluffing" up how good it is and not explaning much, is it just a trainer which downloads saves from the net, cause avalaunch did that years ago?

Sorry to sound dumb but can someone please explain?

ETM and XBTF are the extensions for Trainers, ETM was the original standard, while XBTF is a newer format (which I believe was developed by Xored and allows for more functionality and easier creation)

In order to use trainers, you either had to use Evox, or the Xored mini launcher.  For many people, the only reason they kept EvoX on their box was to use trainers.  The Mini launcher is a good application, but to have the same functionality built in to XMBC keeps you from having to launch another application to get to the same point.  A minor annoyance, but it can make a difference.

Now on to the "Why would anyone use trainers?"  I can't explain it for everyone, but for me, I like them.  It reminds me of the old Game Genie you could use in the Sega genesis (not to date myself)   Sometimes its good to have a little help.  But it isn't always about the cheats, sometimes you have other functionality built into the trainer.  If you check out the Max Console site, you can see the trainers and what they have to offer.  If it is something that interests you, then you will like this release.  If you don't want to use them, then you don't have to, and you probably wont care about this release.

spiff

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

naturally, u assume we made it that way on purpose! geez!

i won't even tell u how to fix your problem now.

pike

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(LitterAss @ Jan 24 2006, 07:21 PM) View Post

No, I did not assume you made it that way on purpose!
I said, it does not work (fact)
And releasing something that can only be loaded on a VERY LIMITED config is stupid (fact)
So where is the assumption?
It does not load in the X2 bios either.

What the F*** are you on about ?
Release ? We haven't released anything. Last "release" was 1.1.0 sources.
CVS is in a constant state of change
with 99% probability, addition of Xored Trainer Engine are not what caused this issue (it's currently under investigation)

You registered just to bitch ?

weak weak...

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(LitterAss @ Jan 24 2006, 05:42 PM) View Post

The new XBMC does NOT work with IND-Bios.

Also, all trainers must be fully Xored Launcher compatible.

And finally, why release something that is not compatible with one of the best and most pupular Bios' around?
That is idiotic.

Wrong. XBMC works just fine with the ind-bios 5003.

QUOTE(LitterAss @ Jan 24 2006, 07:21 PM) View Post

No, I did not assume you made it that way on purpose!
I said, it does not work (fact)
And releasing something that can only be loaded on a VERY LIMITED config is stupid (fact)
So where is the assumption?
It does not load in the X2 bios either.

Wrong. XBMC works just fine with the X2 5035 and X2 4983

And just incase: XBMC works just fine with the M8 Bios too...

You got a 2 day mute so you can READ befor posting bullshit.

Thank you for your time, but now please but in some effort.....

Boydster

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

Can someone please explain what trainers actually do? I have searched this in the evox forum but I've still got some questions.

-Do trainers do a temporary fix to whatever your modding or a more permanent one?
-What does it edit? I'm mainly worried about being banned from Halo 2 Matchmaking because the 4d530064 folder got edited. Does it screw around with that stuff or the default.xbe or what? If you can use trainers with the actual game disk then it's got to be some editing with the E:/ folder right?
-Say I use a trainer, play the game, restart the xbox... Will EVERYTHING go back to being exactly the way it used to be?

I hope you can kind of see what's confusing me and help out. Thanks.

FSM

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(JayDee @ Jan 24 2006, 02:44 PM) View Post

Wrong. XBMC works just fine with the ind-bios 5003.
Wrong. XBMC works just fine with the X2 5035 and X2 4983

And just incase: XBMC works just fine with the M8 Bios too...

You got a 2 day mute so you can READ befor posting bullshit.

Thank you for your time, but now please but in some effort.....

Hi'ya JayDee,

I would like to let you know that you should re-up your research on the current build of XBMC (As the previous builds, prior to 21.01.2006, work perfectly fine with IndBios.5003) does NOT work with the IndBios 5001, 5002, or 5003, I can verify this first hand on a 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 box (tried all 3 on each with 3 builds of the new CVS).

As well, there have been numerous reports of the X2 bios not working with the new build (they appear to be put in a 'reboot loop' if XBMC is the dash, and if not, it just returns you to the dash/launcher when you try to run the current CVS build (24.01.2006) with one of the aforementioned bios.

Now, by far am I NOT sticking up for that guy who obviously doesn't know what he's saying, I just want to clarify for other reading the thread through.

***It is still reccomended to wait for an actual release to come out with these new features. The CVS/Developer's Snapshot IS NOT FOR HE FAINT OF HEART!

...::*FSM*::...

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

- 23-01-2006 added: cpu usage to codecinfo overlay
that screwed XBMC into not booting.

It has already been fixed and should not effect any "normal" user out there and it effected all xbox´s independent of what bios was used...

I compile and update dayly, and have done so more or less for 2 years, so i do know that it works.

And there is a new T3CH build out: Read more here...

Untill i/we get or see some debug logs or some REAL bugreports that can be reproduced i toss these claims in the garbage bin as i know that 1: i have a clean working setup 2: Tried both x2 4983/5035 and indbios 5003 with 100% success (heck, i tossed in m8 just for kicks as noone mentioned it and still no faulty booting) 3: Havent seen any claims about it on mirc or the official forums untill this thread...

Please link to where these "numerous reports of the X2 bios not working..." are...

Maybe it is you that should do some reasearch and re-capping?

And last: Why should i lie about it working? 4 bios´s tested, all working. As it has always done (apart from some hours whilst cvs have been screwed)

P.s I even tried it on my softmodded box in the bedroom. Suprise suprise, it ran there too... D.s

Tested on a (chipped) 1.1 and a  (softmodded) 1.6

My bet on this problem? PEBCAK

P.s 2
IPB Image
D.s 2

Just ask if you want me to up screenshots of the other bios screens...

FSM

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

I see, but as far as the builds go, the people using chips seem to be fine, as well, I have compiled this as of 30 mins ago, and I think my car will be without trainers for a while, lol...

(It's working fine now... No clue what happened, but I just did a clean install, and am NOT using as dash, works now)

Thanks Dude,

...::*FSM*::...

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

no worries if you want logos etc transfered over to all your stuff it will take a minute or so any size or any look...if so just contact me or XBMC team (spiff) I can very quickly convert resize for any purpose you guys have.

Cheers for trainers

Smidley

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

I'm testing it now.  It got stuck on "Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow +2 (NTSC) BETA" the first time updating the trainer list.  It didn't freeze, becuase it was still making sounds when I pushed buttons.

I'm giving it another go now.

Edit: Now it's getting stuck on "Soul Calibur II +7 (PAL) v1.0," and I can't get past it.   Does XBMC cache a trainer library like it does music and videos when you update the list?  If so, how can I clear it?

Stokes2350

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

Great work guys, it's beautiful. But, I am also getting the hang on SC:PT
Any thoughts?

beastiekid

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »

ok i installed the 1-24-06 build and the trainers wont launch is there sposed to be a tab in my programs or somthing and in my files like i said they wont launch could some one explain to me how to use the trainers with xbmc and isnt the splash screen sposed to be different also

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

Teams XBMC and Xored working together...

Can you feel the synergy?  I can.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4