xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Team Xored And Xbmc: Working Together As One  (Read 327 times)

ksteiner

• Archived User
Team Xored And Xbmc: Working Together As One
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »

Now isnt this awesome? Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome dude cant wait till this is released!

c0d3_z3r0

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

This is so Awesome!
Now I don't need to use evox or the trainer engine to load up my trainers.
This is the best dash ever!

Are the skins for it going to be the same type?
Or are they upgraded?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

Can some who got this going explain were the trainers have to go I can't see anything in the new XboxMediaCenter.xml to point to them or is it done in the settings menu ?? I havn't finished compiling it yet  tongue.gif

calluum

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaLeroy @ Jan 24 2006, 12:32 AM) View Post

Am I the only way who doesn't see the point behind this?  XBMC is an awesome dash as it stands.  I don't see the reason to put trainer (aka cheating) functionality in it...

why not? i mean, alot of people cheat in games, i do every once in awhile...and really besides that, its another kickass addition to an already awesome dashboard.

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

Seems like every other day they are adding "new" features. I just get XBMC working the way I like and they go and add something else. They are adding this but they aren't adding LinksBoks? Now there is a feature that I would use, I have never used trainers. I've read that XBMC was only meant to be used for media related applications, but then they include xlink kia and now these trainers. I wish they would put everything together and put out an "offical" release and put a stop to these other releases that happen every few days. But mabey that's just me.

Salvinor

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »

very nice!  biggrin.gif
at last i can totally get rid of EvoX.
XBMC rocks! undoubtedly the best Dashboard ever.

pike

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxSlayer @ Jan 24 2006, 01:19 AM) View Post

Seems like every other day they are adding "new" features. I just get XBMC working the way I like and they go and add something else. They are adding this but they aren't adding LinksBoks? Now there is a feature that I would use, I have never used trainers. I've read that XBMC was only meant to be used for media related applications, but then they include xlink kia and now these trainers. I wish they would put everything together and put out an "offical" release and put a stop to these other releases that happen every few days. But mabey that's just me.

whine whine whine whine whine

Linksboks will need alot of changes to XBMC to work as intended.
Adding trainers didnt need remap of keys etc, mem optimizing like Links will have to.

There's a very simple solution to the problem you seem to have, don't use XBMC!

82ross

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jan 23 2006, 09:53 PM) View Post

Can some who got this going explain were the trainers have to go I can't see anything in the new XboxMediaCenter.xml to point to them or is it done in the settings menu ?? I havn't finished compiling it yet  tongue.gif

<trainerpath>c:\trainers</trainerpath>

should appear in the cvs xml soon smile.gif

QUOTE(DaLeroy @ Jan 23 2006, 11:32 PM) View Post

Am I the only way who doesn't see the point behind this?  XBMC is an awesome dash as it stands.  I don't see the reason to put trainer (aka cheating) functionality in it...

well many people use trainers and many people launch their games from within xbmc, why not be able to use the two together?

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

This makes me happy. love.gif

AbRASiON

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

Ok I'm going to come right out and say it, since the press release doesn't seem to do much for me.

What the heck is the ETM / XBTF and why should I be giddy as a schoolgirl about it's addition to XBMC?
The press release seems to be too busy "fluffing" up how good it is and not explaning much, is it just a trainer which downloads saves from the net, cause avalaunch did that years ago?

Sorry to sound dumb but can someone please explain?

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 06:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(pike2k @ Jan 24 2006, 01:49 AM) View Post

whine whine whine whine whine

Linksboks will need alot of changes to XBMC to work as intended.
Adding trainers didnt need remap of keys etc, mem optimizing like Links will have to.

There's a very simple solution to the problem you seem to have, don't use XBMC!

I do use XBMC, alot. It's easily the best program/dashboard for the xbox. I just get disapointed that I have to use a unsupported version to get the features I want.

But hey, I just wanted add my piece to the discussion. I have no use for this add-on, but I'll still support the project.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 07:38:00 PM »

Seems like every other day they are adding "new" features. I just get XBMC working the way I like and they go and add something else.

Did you ever wonder how XBMC got to be so bad ass?  Did you ever see the very first release of xbmp 4 years ago?  I did and the evolution of it to what it is today is ASTOUNDING.  It rivals MCE for crying out LOUD.

Progress is progress and success is success.  Do you want to wait on a once in a year update like some other apps and dashboards or do you want to witness the evolution?

They could have very well only come out with point releases once or twice a year.  Want that?  I dont.

Deal with a bug here and there and have a drink!   cool.gif

Oh, and to get back on topic.  Cool new feature!   pop.gif

*oh and linksbox isnt ready and thats why you dont see it in the cvs.  Im biting my nails too though so i sympathize wink.gif

ndsbass

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

although trainers are sweet in one player this is only gonna seriously increase cheating if its applicable to multiplayer games. i wont be suprised if i see more a lot more cheaters on kai as soon as this is compiled and released.

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »

Is this out already??

mikerowesoft

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(ndsbass @ Jan 23 2006, 10:13 PM) View Post

although trainers are sweet in one player this is only gonna seriously increase cheating if its applicable to multiplayer games. i wont be suprised if i see more a lot more cheaters on kai as soon as this is compiled and released.

Trainers have been around for some time now. The ability to use trainers has been around just as long. I don’t see why this would increase the amount of cheating.

I’m not sure what numbers and statistics you are using to come up with this kind of idea, but I assure you, the end result of this is not more “cheating”. At the very worst, it just allows people, who are already "cheating", the option of using other dashboards rather than being tied down to Evox. Furthermore, the majority of trainer authors have coded their work to not work over system connect, so that would not be a huge concern.

Also, trainers are much more than infinite health or infinite ammo.
The majority of games do use health and ammo so lots of trainers will include the ability to have infinite health and ammo, but trainers still have much more to offer. A quick example will be a trainer we did for a group that was putting on a Halo2 Exhibition for the Video Game Awards.
We made a trainer that would allow for the onscreen characters to dance and move in sync with each other.

There are many more examples of this type of trainer. The authors of trainers are innovative and inventive people. The majority of the time the motivation behind training a game is to learn how the game coders coded the game and to use this knowledge gained to alter the reality of the game.

The end result of this motivation allows thousands of people to use trainers to play their games how they want to. We provide a freedom of choice and the means to employ this choice. We believe an individual should be able to play a game as they want.

When people choose to play online against others, it is their responsibility to maintain an ethical standard. If they feel like cheating then they will. Having trainers may allow for the option of cheating, but it is a human’s character that makes them choose to use the trainer in an unethical manner.

Beyond all that, I’m thinking the bottom line here is video games. We are talking about video games. I would think there are many events in life where cheating would be worse than cheating in video games.
We would hope that people choose to play fairly but as in any other facet in life there are people who just won’t play fair. At the very least we are only dealing with video game playing, where the worst thing that will happen is our pride is hurt or stress level goes up.

I guess you have to weigh it out. Is the possible stress of someone cheating worth the playing of the game? Keep in mind all the fun there is to be had with your friends regardless of the minor stress of dealing with cheaters.  

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here used trainers or cheats while playing online???

/Reason for edit: Making it alot more easy to read (Row changes, paragraphs....) as it brings up some very valid points...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4