xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do You Change Default Album Cover Thumbs  (Read 63 times)

Fish.E.Chips

• Archived User
How Do You Change Default Album Cover Thumbs
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

I've just got my shares all set up with ccXGui, and everything seems to be running smoothly.

I got XBMC to scan through my music folders, and it has applied the relevant album artwork where appropriate. Which is pretty awesome.

However, I have many music files that don't correspond to anything on the internet databases. These are albums from artists noone else has heard of, so there is no available artwork, which is fair enough. But XBMC generically applies my 'Anthony and the Johnsons' album cover to all files without an official picture. I would much rather choose my own image for these instances. I assume XBMC is just taking 'Anthony and the Jonsons' because it's the first thing it found...

Does anyone know how I could change this?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

All help much appreciated

The Third Man

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »

hmm, the problem is probably with your directory structure. Do you perhaps have all of your MP3s in one folder and in that same folder there is a JPEG of the Anthony and Johnsons album cover?

Fish.E.Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »

That could be it. All the MP3s are in one folder, which doesn't contain any image files at all. I think the Antony and the Johnsons album was the first one XBMC looked up though, so it seems to have 'remembered' that thumb as default...

I just tried adding my desired default image to the folder as folder.jpg and as 00001.jpg (just in case there's something alphabetical going on). It didn't work though. So now I'm going to clean the library, clear the cache and try again...