xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - November 7th 2005 Cvs Build  (Read 121 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - November 7th 2005 Cvs Build
« on: November 07, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »

XboxMediaCenter CVS build of November 7th 2005 compiled by T3CH.
Here is the FULL changelog since the October 30th 2005 build (last one posted on xbins/xbox-scene):
- 07-11-2005 fixed: after lpcm codec addition to dvdplayer, dvd's where not playable anymore.
 - 07-11-2005 fixed: reverted dvdplayer overlay fix (it produced more problems then it fixed)
 - 06-11-2005 added: option in my programs settings to en/disable Kai (disabled by default).
 - 05-11-2005 changed: allmusic.com album lookups now use both album and artist and rank the results
 - 05-11-2005 fixed: the cover image is updated when refreshing album information
 - 05-11-2005 changed: some startup logging cleanup.
 - 05-11-2005 changed: show average bitrate for vbr mp3 again.
 - 05-11-2005 changed: removed mymusictop100 keymappings from keymap.xml (window doesn't exist anymore, functionality was moved to libraryview a while back)
 - 04-11-2005 fixed: myfiles, certain .sids, .nsfs and .oggs weren't deleteable/copyable.
 - 04-11-2005 fixed: mymusic, when you changed sort method, cursor placement changed to wrong file, thx to Jmarshall for fix
 - 03-11-2005 added: added: dvdplayer, 24 bits lpcm decoding
 - 02-11-2005 changed: utf8 name conversion in song metadata during last.fm streaming
 - 02-11-2005 changed: faster start of last.fm streams
 - 02-11-2005 fixed: last.fm, code indenting
 - 02-11-2005 added: last.fm, user's recently listened tracks, sortable by date
 - 02-11-2005 fixed: last.fm, utf8 names are converted so that accented letters are properly displayed
 - 02-11-2005 fixed: last.fm, lists with decimals (ratings...) were not properly sorted (sort by size)
 - 02-11-2005 fixed: last.fm, clears directory cache when returning to root to allow multiple searches
 - 01-11-2005 fixed: xlink kai settings were hidden.
 - 01-11-2005 fixed: applied sf patch #1283584 to fix some python control issues, (Thnx to hempster)
 - 31-10-2005 changed: files ending in .ts.001 will now be consider to be mpeg files and not rar archives.
 - 31-10-2005 fixed: dvdplayer, after the last update, enabeling deinterlacing could cause a crash
 - 31-10-2005 update: dvdplayer, ffmpeg to latest version
 - 31-10-2005 fixed: dvdplayer, subtitle issues. subtitles should now be displayed if you enable them when playing a dvd
 - 31-10-2005 fixed: dvdplayer, on some menu overlays, transparency was ignored and resulted into non visable menu overlays
 - 31-10-2005 added: dvdplayer, media duration estimation when no duration is available
 - 31-10-2005 fixed: dvdplayer, vob files had no timing information
 - 31-10-2005 fixed: dvdplayer, only the first vob file of a dvd was seekable and had the correct time values
 - 31-10-2005 cleanup of file-input classes for dvdplayer
 - 31-10-2005 removed named events and created normal events of them
 - 31-10-2005 added: basic external subtitle support to the dvdplayer (not enabled)
 - 31-10-2005 fixed: bug report #1312797, dvdplayer: some rips hang with 1 sec left to play.
 - 31-10-2005 changed: paths to screenshots and shoutcast rips to their path variables which support non default locations ($RECORDINGS, $SCREENSHOTS)
 - 30-10-2005 added: "lastfm:" virtual filesystem (initial audioscrobbler web services support). Add a My Music share to "lastfm://" to test it, and make sure you are registered with audioscrobbler.

From T3CH readme/nfo:
New Dashboard install method
Thanks to a new app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now extremely easy...
Edit XBMC\xboxmediacenter.xml to your liking & transfer contents of XBMC folder TO (this is VERY important) "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<RENAME_ME.xbe>> to something your bios can boot  (see http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.php...BMCAsDash#h44-2 or read your BIOS README)  and transfer to your C partition. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you won't  need to worry about this file on C.

You can add more scripts and skins yourself if desired. You can download them from http://allxboxskins.com, http://www.xbox-skins.net and http://www.xbmcscripts.com.
Keep in mind this is a CVS snapshot of the current development tree. It's not a official (stable) point release. Use only if you know what you are doing.

Knyt3d

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »

Awesome. I'll be getting this one installed when I get home!

enliteneer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »

Has anyone tried the launchbrowser, freakhole, the weather, or mytheatre with this build?  

When I upgraded to the 10/30/05 build, these things (among other internet streaming video scripts) broke :(

hktrbyrd

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 04:25:00 AM »

- 31-10-2005 added: basic external subtitle support to the dvdplayer (not enabled)

I'm glad to see someone's working on that feature.  I've been hoping for it, but didn't know if anyone on the team was going to realize its importance (for people who buy dvd's in a country that's not their first language, for example).  I've currently got no way of doing that on my tv, and resort to downloading movies I've bought just so I can get subtitles... Anyway, hope it goes well :)

grimlock

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 05:14:00 AM »

- 03-11-2005 added: added: dvdplayer, 24 bits lpcm decoding
Does this mean XBMC also plays DVD-Audio properly (and not only the AC3 track?)

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 06:19:00 AM »

dvd-a is another chapter...

spectrum48k

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »

quite weird, after this update, if I keep plugged ethernet cable, boot hangs at xmbc screenshot.

never happened a thing like this.

tried to cancel cache, and to see network settings, nothing strange but in ftp server voice where the option of username has strange characters, instead of normal value xbox...

any help appreciated...

blondguyg

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

I'm a newb to all this. I just started using the t3ch 10/30 release and it installed with no problems.

I then tried installing this build. What I did was I renamed my XBMC directoy under E/APPS and uploaded the XBMC directory for the 11/07 release.

When I load up the new version it comes up and is missing items. For example, on the first page I can see My Programs, My Video, etc... but it is missing the yellow icon that shows you which one is currently selected. When I navigate to other screens the background is missing.

I even renamed my CACHE, TDATA, and UDATA directories to see if those made an issue. Even loaded it up with its default xboxmediacenter.xml file.

Is there something really stupid that I'm overlooking or is this an issue with this specific release?

spectrum48k

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

update, disabling ftp server, I have no longer this block,
but ftp is quite important...

moreover a question, what the voice autodection stands for? (still in network menu)

blondguyg

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 10:18:00 AM »

I'm a newb to all this. I just started using the t3ch 10/30 release and it installed with no problems.

I then tried installing this build. What I did was I renamed my XBMC directoy under E/APPS and uploaded the XBMC directory for the 11/07 release.

When I load up the new version it comes up and is missing items. For example, on the first page I can see My Programs, My Video, etc... but it is missing the yellow icon that shows you which one is currently selected. When I navigate to other screens the background is missing.

I even renamed my CACHE, TDATA, and UDATA directories to see if those made a difference. Even loaded it up with its default xboxmediacenter.xml file.

Is there something really stupid that I'm overlooking or is this an issue with this specific release?

blondguyg

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »

ugh, double post

This post has been edited by blondguyg: Nov 8 2005, 06:21 PM

opearmain

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »

- 30-10-2005 added: "lastfm:" virtual filesystem (initial audioscrobbler web services support). Add a My Music share to "lastfm://" to test it, and make sure you are registered with audioscrobbler.

I'm a little confused about how I should be setting up the last.fm radio.

Do I pick a last.fm radio stream and find out its lastfm:// address (e.g. lastfm://globaltags/rock) and then add this to my xboxmediacenter.xml under My Music. (So I would have a share for every "station" I might want to listen to)

OR

Do I setup a xboxmediacenter.xml My Music Share to point at just "lastfm://" and from then I can browse (virtual filesystem) various "stations"

I guess I could just try all this and find our but thought I'd ask seen as I'm at work and have nothing to do as usual.

Nice work T3CH and all the devs (been after the disable/enable Kai option for while)
Thanks  :D

Spykon

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »

wOOt, thank you guys. Btw anything changed in the .xml? I guess not. I'll be uploading it tonight to my Xbox. Been waiting for the Kai fix :).

blondguyg

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(blondguyg @ Nov 8 2005, 11:49 AM)

I even renamed my CACHE, TDATA, and UDATA directories to see if those made a difference. Even loaded it up with its default xboxmediacenter.xml file.

Well, I reuploaded the files and now seems to work. One thing I did noticed with this release was that while I was playing a FLAC file and went to shutdown the XBOX within XBMC it seemed to crash on me.

Edit: I just tried to reproduce the crash and cannot, must have been a fluke.

This post has been edited by blondguyg: Nov 8 2005, 08:44 PM

spectrum48k

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

well, now I can't even recheck in settings->network the ftp server box, xbmc crashes...

do you have too this odd behaviour of username (in the same menu section) with strange characters other than xbox?

this way I can understand if I'm the only one with this issue...