xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Which Software Do You Use To Play Video-dvds?  (Read 335 times)

Soup

• Archived User
Which Software Do You Use To Play Video-dvds?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

I use dvdx2, which I guess is a hacked version of the msdash player (?).  I just set dvdx2 to be the dvd player in the xbmc.ini, and then when I put a DVD movie in, it launches dvdx2.

mod_n00b

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »

what about a dvd image not on a cd ending with .img  ?   what can use to play this or extract it or whatever i have to do to watch the movie

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »

what about a dvd image not on a cd ending with .img ? what can use to play this or extract it or whatever i have to do to watch the movie

Just use XBMC...

Works beautifully smile.gif

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2005, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Soup @ Aug 25 2005, 11:41 PM)
I use dvdx2, which I guess is a hacked version of the msdash player (?).  I just set dvdx2 to be the dvd player in the xbmc.ini, and then when I put a DVD movie in, it launches dvdx2.

Same here.
I did use the MSdash but i broke my dongle so it's back to the controller for me :)

rixter110

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

tongue.gif

elupus

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 02:52:00 AM »

smile.gif

DjSnake86

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(rixter110 @ Aug 27 2005, 09:21 PM)
i dont understand why its so hard for peeps to just turn off your chip and use the ms dash to play dvd's   buy a dongle damnit!! lol   :P

you can use it also with the chip activited.

When I insert a Video-DVD my evox dashboard recognise it and boot it with the MS Dash :beer:

Same thing with the audio cd

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »

i used to use DVDx2, but since avalaunch integrated a dvd player into their dashboard, i've used that ever since.

eulo

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »

I was trying to set the subtitles on so I was messing around and set the audio thing in xbmc while the dvd image was playing and now it wont load the image file anymore.  What file remembers that setting so I can delete it and put in a fresh one?  

*I'm playing this over the network, so I dont know about using avalaunch, and I dont think the other one will play images, but I need the subtitles on somehow

This post has been edited by eulo: Sep 2 2005, 01:51 AM

gehx

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2005, 07:08:00 AM »

XBMC
I ISO it.  Haven't tried raring it yet though.

galenas

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(eulo @ Sep 1 2005, 07:23 PM)
I was trying to set the subtitles on so I was messing around and set the audio thing in xbmc while the dvd image was playing and now it wont load the image file anymore.  What file remembers that setting so I can delete it and put in a fresh one? 

*I'm playing this over the network, so I dont know about using avalaunch, and I dont think the other one will play images, but I need the subtitles on somehow

I have had this problem too before. What I did to fix it is just rename the directory on PC that is hosting the file. I keep my movies in one main folder, and then several subfolders named after the movie, and then finally you'll have the individual Video_TS folders within each movie subfolder. Just rename the movie subfolder, and it work without a glitch. If watching "movie 123" just rename that folder "movie 1234" or whatever different and it will provide a workaround.

I'm sure there is some kind of cache file that needs to be deleted that would be an easy fix, but for now this is how I do it..,

BrutalByte

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »

I stream my movies over my wireless network...  one thing I hate to do is to go find the video_ts file, so I convert my files before they reach the Xbox.  I use DVD Decrypter to decrypt and save the dvd files to my computer, then I use Dr. Divx to convert the .VOB files etc. to a 1GB divx file.  Works great, plus you know that  1 movie = 1 GB.  It cuts away all o the fat that you get with just decrypting the dvd to your drive.  Once it is on my network drive (I still have my original Xbox drive installed), I steam the files to my xbox via MFXStream.  Works great, and allows you to not have to worry about upgrading your xbox HD.

Quick question though...I want to use a DVD player that uses the DVD kit (dongle) but will revert back to XBMC when I want it to.  I plan to be rid of the controllers unless I want to play a game, and totally rely on my dvd remote for control of the XBOX.  Any suggestions for a different DVD palyer (currently using DVDX_2.0) or for making the original XBOX dvd player go where I want it to when i press stop?

-BrutalByte

TrigunXBox

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »

I am faced with this people for a long time.
I need a player that supports menus, remote, HD, and is region free.

XBMC is ok at best. I won't play most of my DVDs. Some of this is do to to my Sammy 616 hacked DVD drive I think.

avaluanch is great. But it also has issues with a lot of my DVDs.

DVDX2 is near perfect. Works great with the HD patch and plays every DVD I toss at it. If it had remote support, it would be perfect.

I am trying to hack the built in MS DVD player right now. I will report back later on how that works.

dhcalva

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2005, 06:57:00 AM »

I use XBMC for most things, but have to switch to the MS DVD player for DVDs that have menus, which is most of them anymore.  I'd really like to have menu support in XBMC.  Can't wait till it gets out of beta.

drleephd

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »

I use msdash for dvds. it works fine for me but the dvd-kit remote is a POS and I can't deal with using a game controller for dvd movies.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4