xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Citys Weather  (Read 98 times)

ssd

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« on: January 09, 2005, 10:00:00 PM »

is there anyway i could put my citys weather on xbmc

j_guzzler

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »

yes, Check weather settings

ShihoNage

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »

once you get to weather settings, just enter your zip code.  My prob is, that for the past 3 weeks, xbmc hasn't been able to connect to the weather server.  it was workin, then just quit.  i've tried several newer versions since, but none of them work.  anyone else having this prob?

j_guzzler

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 10:36:00 PM »

nope mine is working fine....thought it wasn't working cause it said it was -32 celcius outside....but then I went outside and sure enough....its fricking cold out.....

ShihoNage

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »

when i hit refresh, it says "unable to get weather data".  i have a friend in Amarillo who has the same prob, started the same time mine did

ShihoNage

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »

shame too, that's one of my favorite xbmc features

artnada

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 04:50:00 AM »

Go Here? to the Weather Channel website. Type in you city name, don't use your zip code or post code.  Use your city/town name.

EG. Type in Melbourne in the search box at toip of page. You may get a choice of several places.

Melbourne, Australia is at top of list. Click on the link for your city. eg. http://www.w3.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/ASXX0075?from=search_city

Use the code shown in the address as ASXX0075.  Put that into xbmc weather settings, NOT your zip or post code.

New York would be http://www.w3.weather.com/weather/local/USNY0996?from=search_city so you would use code USNY0996

Hope that helps.

ShihoNage

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »

Well, I got mine fixed.  My friend in Amarillo was having the same prob, but from an unrelated issue.  I just booted up in evox and deleted the save file.  Rebooted the xbox and voila, it works.  What's wrong with using the zip code?

aweelz

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »

Because if the weather station isn't in the same zip code as you i don't think it shows up. Thats why searching by city is better, for me anyway.

jtrue

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »

when i try to change the setting a box pops up for a fraction of a second then goes away it looks like maybe a keypad to input text but it wont stay open so i can make any changes
any one got any ideas
thanks

tango65536

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 09:00:00 AM »

smile.gif

JayDee

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

1: Zip code works for the US only. Best results are with the townname in english. XBMC gets the info from www.weather.com so if your town isn´t on that site there isn´t anything that we can do.

2: If you cant get weather data check your firewall and/or your network settings.

3: Check so you do not have a turbobutton etc on the controller activated. A fast click on A should bring the keyboard up

This post has been edited by JayDee: Jan 23 2005, 07:27 PM

craigymcfly

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 06:31:00 AM »

Is there an XML file to add these city codes to, or is it a case of via the xbox?

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

They are likely stored in the tdata savegame for xbmc. I would recommend not editing it but if you are adiment about it e:/tdata/0face008/settings.xml

beenthere

• Archived User
My Citys Weather
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 04:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(JayDee @ Jan 23 2005, 07:53 PM) View Post

1: Zip code works for the US only. Best results are with the townname in english. XBMC gets the info from www.weather.com so if your town isn´t on that site there isn´t anything that we can do.

Major German cities like Berlin or Aachen show up but smaller ones only under http://de.weather.com/. So if I enter the name of a smaller city there and it shows up I do get the corresponding code like GMXX1854. When I use this code in the weather settings I do get the weather for this city in the My Weather-screen but it is not shown under it's actual name "Olpe" but under GMXX1854. Certainly this is a bug coming from weather.com but do you think it would be possible to add an alias in settings for smaller towns?

IPB Image