xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Official Trailer 2 Discussion Topic  (Read 1186 times)

Loaded_Gun_Complex

• Archived User
Official Trailer 2 Discussion Topic
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

First of all i wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work BB and team you have created something that will hit this community like a ton of bricks, and you do deserve praise for your troubles.

Secondly i am very curious about something. The last few CVS releases for xbmc have been really hard to decypher with all the new changes so i have opted to not update my xbmc to the latest build, the build i have was release with DJB's AID3.1 update pack so it's a bit older than anything out right now.

I have a softmodded xbox and if the release of this skin requires the newest build i would really like someone to send me a PM (no need to post here, i do understand it's off topic) with some clearer details as to how i can update my dash for this skin.

Back on topic, BB thank you for your work i can't wait till tomorrow this has been a long time coming.

PS. Please no comments about "dumb" questions i am just asking about something i dont know about.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »

man if you guys haven't seen the water ripples bouncing off eachother in the thread "bla bla water ripples" go see it!

Loaded_Gun_Complex

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »

Yeah they are pretty cool!

EvilShindo

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »

Yes. From from the Jurrassic Park series.

MillaZilla

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

The song is a rip of the Echo game in House of Flying Daggers.  Sounds worse than the original though.

frostyfire03530

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

I would just like to add my input; great job TeamBlackBolt I think you guys deserve alot of recognition. For the people asking about certain things like the rings being absent and from what I could tell about the animations in back, as BB has posted previously he was by request from m$ to not have anything that is copyrighted in the skin, if the team had made new animations IDK but, all in all great work. Another thing, when will it be released?... and I mean actuallity released, because I was thinking about staying up for 12 am, 06/06/06 CST but I have work in the morn and would like to snooze some if I can't partake of this beauty then... If not meh, oh well, no prob.
PS. When the 360 goes homebrew I fully can not wait to see XBMC for 360 and I will expect other great productions from the team.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(MillaZilla @ Jun 6 2006, 12:51 AM) View Post

The song is a rip of the Echo game in House of Flying Daggers.  Sounds worse than the original though.

Actually Einstien, its the same friggon song from the OST, its not a rip off of it! Some people with their thinking they know it all, you dont impress no-one, you just make yourself look like a twat.

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »

ohmy.gif

Puskas

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Jun 6 2006, 07:44 AM) View Post

MS European Patent Lawyers have already contacted us and we have complied to everything they requested, you wont find any copyrighted Logos in the skin, also they cant stop us using random colours etc, it may look like 360 but it ISNT a rip, the artwork is totally created from scratch. This is why MS approached us so pleasantly.

MC360 is free from legal issues, so don't worry.

...and... stealing or copying someone elses design, look, functionality is just proof that you did something good and you shouldnt be angry... but then again, if someone copies you and your sales go down because stupid people buy the copy instead of your product then there are reasons to sue or whatever, but since mc360 isnt competing with xb360 in any way... why care if someone uses your design..?

punktilend

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Jun 6 2006, 01:27 AM) View Post

Actually Einstien, its the same friggon song from the OST, its not a rip off of it! Some people with their thinking they know it all, you dont impress no-one, you just make yourself look like a twat.

good call.

mrnutz

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2006, 08:12:00 PM »

Great photoshop work.  Excellent art and very intuative interface.  I'm impressed by the amount of work that when into engineering and realizing an interface like this into XBMC.  Define pat on the back for the Blackbolt guys and, of course, XBMC crew!  laugh.gif

unsure.gif

Yet... What's up with the 6+6+6? Is there some "18 menu" or is that how many features there is total? (I would think more.)  Or does it play off that mark of the beast trend, noting that m$ is evil? Or is this skin actually an evil xbox virus that many people will unknowingly download and destroy their xbox...?

ohmy.gif

okt

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrnutz @ Jun 6 2006, 03:19 AM) View Post

Or is this skin actually an evil xbox virus that many people will unknowingly download and destroy their xbox...?

I'd kill him.  biggrin.gif

wdew123

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Jun 6 2006, 10:27 AM) View Post

lol Blackbolt u r bad ass tongue.gif
good work this skin is sweet

a_running_pir8

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(wdew123 @ Jun 5 2006, 11:49 PM) View Post

lol Blackbolt u r bad ass tongue.gif
good work this skin is sweet

lol, yea, i agree.

leave it to the professional creators it originated from smile.gif

YoZee