xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Official Trailer 2 Discussion Topic  (Read 1128 times)

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
Official Trailer 2 Discussion Topic
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »

Ok, here is a .wmv version of it. It's not quite as good as the .mp4 version, but hey it's better than nothing right?!

http://rapidshare.de...railer.wmv.html

And if you have flash installed...

conners

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

I was wondering the exact same about the rings of light, didnt see them in the trailer. Gotta admit, it looks awesome and is gonna be well worth the wait. Congratulations to the entire team.

k3n85

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »

Everything is looking good, now just to wait for the 666 timeframe and get it between the fingertips!

gj !!

viral_dna

• Recovered User
  • DNA64
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

ok, 1st it looks great love.gif , but....that was such a tease  rolleyes.gif

oh well I got my paypal account ready and waiting to make a donation after I take it for a spin  cool.gif
The virus that infects your mind and frees your soul!

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »

Just watched it a few moments ago. I'm just amazed! I can tell the skin is working in "real-time" and I cannot believe how......it's so.......ok, breathe.......breathe! lol. in all seriousness, I can see how much a few months a difference can make in a project - especially one as such. I'm so proud of the team's effort!

BB, would be possible to put up a screen-comparison of the "Golden-Ticket" version and a "6-6-6" version? I know we've discussed the skin being approx. 80% completed and the interface not being as polished, but I would want to know if there would be a "visible" difference on screen? Or perhaps you could include "screenshots" in the April 7th build you stated you wanted to create for users to compare. Just curious. Or maybe for those interested in details, in your "diary" idea, as to what was added or modified throughout the journey to building this skin.

Btw, the skin is so fluid!  ohmy.gif Going to watch it again. Right now. lol.

BoMBaDiL

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »

This is definatly the best thing ever 4 our box !!

Awesome Job  Team Blackbolt !!!

Thanks

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »

It's NTSC 4:3 you can tell when they change the theme. (About half way through the video).

Note the black border around the video itself. A very badly put together video clip. I can say this, because I do video production for a living!

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 12:49:00 AM »

Spaceman2004,

although the video may have flaws for those who specialize in the domain, one can hardly ignore the fact that it is just exciting to know that a "skin" - not an app, or a utility for the xbox, but a skin - has not one, but 2 trailers prior to its release! I honestly don't know of any other skin that has had this as an "advance" method.

Sure, there are other great XBMC skins out there, but to see video production used to promote this very beautiful "re-creation" can be quite overwhelming and gratifying, especially for its creators. smile.gif

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006, 01:27:00 AM »

mbay: I'm not knocking the skin, I'm just knocking the trailer, without a doubt it could have been a lot better. It just seems a shame to me that all the hardwork put into the skin, and then not have a polished trailer. Little things like losing the aspect ratio doesn't do it well. You don't have to be a pro to put out better than that. Messing around in windows movie maker allows for better!

Spykon: Actioncorp are in the US. Don't worry though, PAL users will just have just as much fun using it in PAL mode.

alexpb1

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2006, 02:05:00 AM »

looks like ill be sticking with PM3.

Looks too fruity.

punktilend

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2006, 02:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Spaceman2004 @ Jun 5 2006, 08:34 AM) View Post

mbay: I'm not knocking the skin, I'm just knocking the trailer, without a doubt it could have been a lot better. It just seems a shame to me that all the hardwork put into the skin, and then not have a polished trailer. Little things like losing the aspect ratio doesn't do it well. You don't have to be a pro to put out better than that. Messing around in windows movie maker allows for better!
Spykon: Actioncorp are in the US. Don't worry though, PAL users will just have just as much fun using it in PAL mode.

i agree.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2006, 02:45:00 AM »

And so the flames begin when someone has an opinion that doesnt match your own.

If people wanna act like insensitive assholes, let them, but as soon as they start the insults they will be dealt with.

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2006, 03:21:00 AM »

Spaceman2004,

I didn't think you were knocking the skin. It was just my personal opinion that although there may be "different" options to carry out a video-trailer for the skin, that it is "great" to have a trailer for a skin all the same. No animosity intended. I suppose there always will be something one can do to ameliorate. smile.gif

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »

I agree it is nice to have the trailer. I'm looking forward to trying out the skin as much as the next man!

Let's all just hope the normal place is up and running again by tomorrow.

I just hope there is going to be a torrent link as well to grab it from the start!

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2006, 03:36:00 AM »

Well,

as BB has mentionned previously - the skin will be available from his site, and even if it takes a while for t3ch to compile the build, at least we know the skin is 2.0 compatible in terms of engine, so we can always add it temporarily to the current build's skin folder.

As for the usual place, well......there's always the french. Oui?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7