xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Just An Idea...  (Read 413 times)

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
Just An Idea...
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 01:39:00 AM »

And if I'm not wrong, at least some sort program would have to be running to make sure the ramdump was being restored correctly. This leaving the fact that two things would have to be multithreading, which isn't possible if the whole of the 64MB is being replaced.

Which brings us back to that the BIOS would have to take care of this... XBMC could maybe could trigger for these funcations to start, but that would be as far as XBMC could take it. Now this would mean that a whole funcations would have to be added to the BIOS as extra. Now I know that some BIOSs are 256K and some are 1MB, this leaves over 700K to play around with to add extra funcations. So the IGR could maybe trigger the 700K block of code instead, which could then call graphics and extra code from the HDD from a set place etc etc.

If the game was paused first then the IGEM (In Game Extra Menu) was triggered, maybe that could give the game a chance to resync for networked games? (After all sometimes you have to pause a game before the IGR works anyways!)

Well that's about as far as my programming knowledge takes me, and I know nothing of programming the XBOX.

So feel free to correct me with proof!  blink.gif

Plus this has gone way off topic, not just for this post, but for the forum!

nige182

• Archived User
Just An Idea...
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 06:30:00 AM »

I think the only way this would be able to be implemented really would be if it required the ram upgrade to be made to the xbox first. With double ram it would most probably be possible, but with factory hardware I doubt it very much.

netdroid9

• Archived User
Just An Idea...
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

Mad Modder: I was more thinking along the lines of the trainer refusing to exec if it detected network traffic. Seems simple enough to me.

EDIT: Ooops, sorry about the double post, I thought I hit the edit button sad.gif.

RESMONKEY

• Archived User
Just An Idea...
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »

I have a solution.

I, like many others, have an original game copy, so no mods there.  But, if the game is on one's HD, then it IS possible to add an option in Halo 2's or any other game's main menu to load the XBMC dash xbe file, therefore quiting Halo or any game running.  

I mean, it is pretty easy, isn't it?  Most of us have our dash's (XBMC with kaievo) in E://dash/****.xbe.  

Hmmm....
Pages: 1 [2]