xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Ftp To Other Xboxs  (Read 246 times)

hellknight

• Archived User
Xbox Ftp To Other Xboxs
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:35:00 AM »

I don't know how you would go about doing this but there are plenty of dashboards that can FTP between xboxs on your LAN (Unleashx, XBMC) but I don't think they can do it over the internet

2 Bunny

• Archived User
Xbox Ftp To Other Xboxs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(hellknight @ Aug 13 2009, 02:35 AM) View Post
I don't know how you would go about doing this but there are plenty of dashboards that can FTP between xboxs on your LAN (Unleashx, XBMC) but I don't think they can do it over the internet

Does the xBox even have FTP client built in as one of the features in the xBox Media Center?

- 2 Bunny

Heimdall

• Archived User
Xbox Ftp To Other Xboxs
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 05:03:00 AM »

XBMC and UnleashX both have inbuilt FTP clients. The UnleashX one is accessed from file manager (press the white button and scroll down to the bottom of the list), for XBMC you add a source using FTP as the protocol. As well as allowing you to copy files, XBMC will also play media files directly from an FTP source.

2 Bunny

• Archived User
Xbox Ftp To Other Xboxs
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 21 2009, 07:03 AM) View Post
XBMC and UnleashX both have inbuilt FTP clients. The UnleashX one is accessed from file manager (press the white button and scroll down to the bottom of the list), for XBMC you add a source using FTP as the protocol. As well as allowing you to copy files, XBMC will also play media files directly from an FTP source.

So on the client for the xBox Media Center, how do you make it do that that though?

- 2 Bunny

Heimdall

• Archived User
Xbox Ftp To Other Xboxs
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 21 2009, 12:03 PM) View Post
for XBMC you add a source using FTP as the protocol.

2 Bunny

• Archived User
Xbox Ftp To Other Xboxs
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 24 2009, 05:34 PM) View Post

All right, I just tried it, and I got it to work! I can now FTP from my music player using the Mocha FTP server. A bit slow, but it beats USB which for my player is really flaky. Any idea why, by the way? Is it because it cannot power it, or what? I mean, I can plug it in, and it'll connect and register. I can then leave it connected for as long as I want, but when I try to access my music folder, it will start disconnecting, I got a song started once and that is the best I've done yet. I've tried with and without the hub, same thing happens.

- 2 Bunny