xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Mighty Linksbox  (Read 423 times)

bLiGhTy

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« on: March 09, 2009, 05:20:00 AM »

I can now safely say that I've spent more time using Linksboks than either ( boo ) I.E or ( yay ) Firefox,
So now I wonder has anyone done anything intresting with the embedded linksboks besides xbmc?
It says on the wiki that it can be intergrated with dashboards & i was hoping someone may have tried
something with UnleashX, if not why not biggrin.gif

Anyhoo, Big thanks too y'sbox for his top app.

bLiGhTy.

Knux Kitsune

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(bLiGhTy @ Mar 9 2009, 06:20 AM) *

I can now safely say that I've spent more time using Linksboks than either ( boo ) I.E or ( yay ) Firefox,
So now I wonder has anyone done anything intresting with the embedded linksboks besides xbmc?
It says on the wiki that it can be intergrated with dashboards & i was hoping someone may have tried
something with UnleashX, if not why not (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Anyhoo, Big thanks too y'sbox for his top app.

bLiGhTy.

I've been looking for a binary to try it out, but I'm not sure if it's any better than running Firefox on XDSL.

QQ_ghost

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 01:05:00 AM »

I'm not quite certain, but I believe that development on UX stopped years ago...  As with most Xbox 1 specific software.  The truly sad part is that the dash is not open source, so further development of it is lost.

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »

I never got Linksbox to work. I spent hours changing stuff around trying but never any luck :-/

osmorphyus

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »

"mighty" linxbox?  serious?

do you know something about that horrible app that i dont?  what a waste of time i found it to be.  and as much as i have a keyboard for my box, the built in onboard keyboard for linxbox was garrrbage.  that thing was rough, i tell you what.

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(osmorphyus @ Jan 9 2010, 02:40 AM) View Post

"mighty" linxbox?  serious?

do you know something about that horrible app that i dont?  what a waste of time i found it to be.  and as much as i have a keyboard for my box, the built in onboard keyboard for linxbox was garrrbage.  that thing was rough, i tell you what.

Is there a better internet browser that actually works, other than through linux? I couldnt get Links to even work

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »

Yea, I remember getting linksbox when it first came out because I thought it would be cool to check my yahoo mail from the xbox. When I finally got it ftp'd to the xbox and fired up, I plugged in a keyboard and nuthing happened. Then I stumbled on the on-screen keyboard and thought WTF??? It took me 10 minutes to type in http://www.myspace.com LOL!

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Jan 10 2010, 08:28 PM) View Post

Yea, I remember getting linksbox when it first came out because I thought it would be cool to check my yahoo mail from the xbox. When I finally got it ftp'd to the xbox and fired up, I plugged in a keyboard and nuthing happened. Then I stumbled on the on-screen keyboard and thought WTF??? It took me 10 minutes to type in http://www.myspace.com LOL!

ohhhhh there is no USB support for keyboard and mouse?

if thats the case... I really don't know why it's mighty!! lol

LMFAO about the on screen keyboard!! I is a weird set up.

I could never get mine to connect to the internet.

osmorphyus

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »

yeah, linksbox is an f'in joke.  it fails to acurately draw tables and div tags, it built in "keyboard" is trash, the way you load, reload and pass URLs with the buttons doesnt make any sense, it fails to reproduce fonts accurately - god, the list goes on.  i wouldn't even wipe my ass with its code printed out on paper.

"top app" - ha!  top if you flipped the whole stack of other good browsers it was UNDER upside down!

true, its all there is for the box, but its the metaphorical "thing that should not be".  using linksbox furthered my interest in exploring DSL.  and yes - the linksbox DOES NOT support a USB keyboard!  ahhhh ahahahahhahahaha (x 1 million)

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »

someone should take it and make it better.. like for starters, using a keyboard. lol

osmorphyus

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »

well, like windows dreams on the xbox, this project as well is dead.

it was open source tho, so get the code and start reading and writing.

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
The Mighty Linksbox
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(osmorphyus @ Jan 17 2010, 10:30 PM) View Post

well, like windows dreams on the xbox, this project as well is dead.

it was open source tho, so get the code and start reading and writing.

Yeah... I think this might actually be a good place to start C++ wise. I was am attempting to write new code for Super Mario War that would use its core to create a full mario style level, but everytime I solve one proble, another comes up... maybe a browser would be a better first project.