xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Editing Xbox Hdm Script  (Read 90 times)

brando56894

• Archived User
Editing Xbox Hdm Script
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »

How can i edit the xbox hdm script, specifically option 1 or 2? i want to change the location of where it looks for the cd drive at (change it from HDx to SDx)

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Editing Xbox Hdm Script
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »

Identifying the file to edit to change is trivial (isolinux.cfg and the corresponding files in /ldots/2.4/xboxhdm and also the shell profile) but what you want to achieve (changing from IDE to SCSI) is not as the kernel support has not been compiled in that version of the kernel (2.4 series). Are you trying to use USB storage devices? Anyway ATA security doesn't work on USB attached devices so the whole thing on locking/unlocking of IDE hard drives don't work.

I've been trying to modernize the kernel used in xboxhdm to 2.6 series which is used in modern distributions like Ubuntu for better hardware support for newer hardware and patch in the latest FATX patches I can find but have not been successful so far.

This post has been edited by ldotsfan: Apr 6 2008, 02:05 AM

brando56894

• Archived User
Editing Xbox Hdm Script
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »

im trying to get it to recognize my sata dvd drive, its a huge pain in the ass having to boot into windows or linux , boot to the iso via vmware, create the file system, reboot, boot to the actual cd, (un)lock the drive manually by typing in the key, then trying it in the xbox. and if something doesnt work i have to do the whole thing over again. it would be much easier to just boot to the cd, create the filesystem, automatically (un)lock the hd and be good to go.