xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pixelated Video Playback  (Read 358 times)

yodasatomicweed

• Archived User
Pixelated Video Playback
« on: January 27, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »

I got a new hard drive, and was burning DVDs and games onto it. The games worked fine, and I decided to test a few DVDs. However, they're not working quite right. I used DVD2Xbox to put them on the hard drive. I go into XBMC, and use the white button to play the DVD. It plays, but is horribly pixelated, to the point where I cannot tell what the heck is going on. The sound goes really fast, and occasionally "pops". What did I do wrong, and how do I fix it? I went through the stickied stuff, and looked through the board, but didn't really find anything to help me fix this. So...what do I do?

EDIT: If I just play the DVD, it works fine. It's when I try to play it off the hard drive that I have problems.

This post has been edited by yodasatomicweed: Jan 28 2007, 06:59 AM

pike

• Archived User
Pixelated Video Playback
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »

then maybe it's DVD2XBOX support you want and not XBMC help ?

yodasatomicweed

• Archived User
Pixelated Video Playback
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 06:36:00 AM »

Possibly, but since DVD2Xbox reported that it had copied everything just fine, and the problem came when I tried to actually play it in XBMC, I wondered if that's where the problem was coming.

JayDee

• Archived User
Pixelated Video Playback
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »

If xbmc can play the dvd just fine, but cant play it AFTER you have copied it to the hdd with dvd2xbox the logical conclusion would be what?

Moving thread....