xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Alternatives To Xboxsoundtrackeditor  (Read 45 times)

puja21

• Archived User
Alternatives To Xboxsoundtrackeditor
« on: September 30, 2006, 04:23:00 PM »

There have been tons of request posts over the past couple years for a method to get mp3s transfered over to modded xboxes (as WMAs), so they can be used in games.  Probably just as often there have been posts complaining about the inevitable bugs with the VirtualCDRipper/Soundtrack Editor project.\

Alternatives

(1) I just ordered an MS product off of Amazon for $5 which says it allows the transfer of Mp3s from the computer to Xbox over a LAN or via Crossover cable, specifically for use in custom soundtracks.  It's called Xbox Music Mixer.  I haven't received it yet, but when I do I'll give it a review specfically regarding this feature (the reason I got it)

(2) This just crossed my mind when I was messing around with my MediaCenter library:

Can't we just first rip a commercial CD, and then REPLACE those wma's with our own mp3s in the TDATA/Music/Album folder (converted to WMA and renamed to the same filename as the commercial rip)?  If the st.db file is anything like "CurrentDatabase_219" (the windows media library file), then it would have no problem executing on these replacement files.  Furthermore, you could name the tracks up front during the initial rip to coincide with whatever you are replacing them with.  The only possible hangups would be filesize and song length differing from the original, but with Winamp, MusicMatch, and WMP/WMC, the library still plays the files fine and the displayed song length just remains the orginal, incorrect value (but doesn't effect playtime of course)

This just dawned on me, so I'll try it as soon as I get home tonight,

puja21

• Archived User
Alternatives To Xboxsoundtrackeditor
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

"rip a commercial CD, and then REPLACE those wma's with our own mp3s in the TDATA/Music/Album folder (converted to WMA and renamed to the same filename as the commercial rip)"

This worked perfectly