xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Webcam Server On Xbox?  (Read 105 times)

sibrdav

• Archived User
Webcam Server On Xbox?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »

Maybe my goal for this project is different from what digitalsatan intended...  digitalsatan, can you elaborate on what you were asking for originally?  Either way, I had contemplated an xbox webcam long before this topic was started, so I am going to continue with my original idea.  However I am open to comments and suggestions for the project.

sibrdav

• Archived User
Webcam Server On Xbox?
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

This post is in reply to a couple posts in "Official Webcam Project".  I am trying to keep all discussions in this topic and leave the project thread "Project" related.

blaize - I will continue this project to completion, it's just a little slow moving right now because the webcam runs on isochronous data transfers (which I have no experience with) rather than interrupt or bulk transfers.  If the latter were the case, I probably would have had some video working by now.  As you can see, I was able to enumerate all the descriptors (using control transfers which are similar to interrupt transfers) the first day I started programming.  So right now I'm reading up a lot about the isochronous specs and trying to setup my program properly.  Stay tuned!
would be amazing if this could be integrated into a xbox messenger client (like gaim)

That is exactly what this project is for, integrating into other homebrew software.  You obviously couldn't integrate it into a released title without obtaining the source code, but homebrew source IS available.

The Zep Man - I did not know there was a webcam available for original xbox.  I wonder how they were able to load drivers for it?  Maybe they updated the kernel via online.  However, that is still on the japanese version which means you couldn't just update your us xbox with a jap kernel.  So you might as well just use any old webcam such as the one I found for $15.  As for loading drivers, I am aware of all of the XDK drivers and its reluctance to load external drivers.  I have successfully written 2 drivers for the xbox which are XDK independent (they dont use any xdk api's) one for the xpad, and one for a usb->rs232 adapter.  The only problem is that they are standalone programs.  You have to integrate them into a full program in order to use them.  As stated above, maybe I can obtain the source for gaim and include the video for chat (or maybe I can just give my source to the gaim developer).  The source for this driver will of course be made available for anyone who wants to see how it works, or to try to utilize it in their own program.  I will document the code as well as possible.

torne

• Archived User
Webcam Server On Xbox?
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 03:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(sibrdav @ Aug 3 2006, 12:01 AM) View Post

The Zep Man - I did not know there was a webcam available for original xbox.  I wonder how they were able to load drivers for it?  Maybe they updated the kernel via online.  However, that is still on the japanese version which means you couldn't just update your us xbox with a jap kernel.

You can't update the kernel on the original Xbox, it's part of the BIOS image and thus can't be reflashed unless you have a modchip or have bridged the write protect points for TSOPing smile.gif

I'd be very interested to see the software that this camera uses; it may point to a way to get hardware access cooperatively with the Xbox kernel, or better still, a way to actually load drivers.

sunker

• Archived User
Webcam Server On Xbox?
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

could be possible,It would be a LOT of work to do..

digitalsatan

• Archived User
Webcam Server On Xbox?
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(sibrdav @ Jul 22 2006, 08:07 PM) View Post

Maybe my goal for this project is different from what digitalsatan intended...  digitalsatan, can you elaborate on what you were asking for originally?  Either way, I had contemplated an xbox webcam long before this topic was started, so I am going to continue with my original idea.  However I am open to comments and suggestions for the project.

i was thinking more of a http interface client for the webcam server, but intergrating it to a program lika gaim sound intresting.
Pages: 1 [2]