xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd2xbox 5.5 Problems  (Read 52 times)

WiSo

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox 5.5 Problems
« on: March 24, 2004, 07:47:00 AM »

fill it up from the beginning (dumpdir1) and put a dash inside unused tags.

nyourgrill

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox 5.5 Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

Is there a way to change the name dvd2xbox when you select it from the apps menu? I want to change it to DvD2xBox. I know it seems small but oh well. I tried to change the .xml file and the names of the main files but still the name in the apps menu stays the same. Any ideas?

Imyourzero

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox 5.5 Problems
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

I'm having the same problem.  I just updated from DVD2Xbox 4.9 to 5.5 and now it freezes at the DVD2Xbox title screen; I can't get into the program to back up anything.

The reason I wanted to update to 5.5 was because of the problem with 4.9 not recognizing G:.  Now I've got 2 problems instead of 1!

Someone's gotta know what to do.

WiSo

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox 5.5 Problems
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 11:40:00 AM »

As I said above. Check your dvd2xbox.xml with the official. The dumpdir syntax changed and dvd2xbox expects a dash instead of empty tags now.

Imyourzero

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox 5.5 Problems
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (otakonx @ Apr 10 2004, 02:23 PM)
Ok I’m having a similar problem. When I go to select what drive I want to copy to, my f drive doesn’t show up.  I went through the xml file and it seems to be in order. Any ideas?

I had the same problem and fixed it today!  I have a 250GB in mine and my big 112GB partitions (F: and G:) weren't showing up in DVD2Xbox once I updated to v5.5

I did check the dvd2xbox.xml file MULTIPLE times and my dump dirs were always in order, and in the correct format.

I ended up fixing the problem by going into the config menu that you can access as the "DVD2XBOX" splash screen displays when the program loads.  I think it's the black or white button--I didn't know about that menu but the guy I bought my XBOX from did.  He suggested that I check it, and BAM, both my F and G drives were disabled in that menu.  I turned them on, rebooted the XBOX, and sure enough everything was gravy.

Still can't get my G: to appear in PxHDD Loader, but maybe I just need to update it.