xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox P2p  (Read 78 times)

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Xbox P2p
« on: March 14, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

I believe that only one thing can be run at once so the possibilty of running a file sharing program is not going to happen while playing a game.

There are no file sharing applications right now.

Moleman

• Recovered User
Xbox P2p
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »

This would be useful, say you leave it on overnight, go to work, and by the time you are back, you have your legal download finished.

alx5962

• Archived User
Xbox P2p
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ Mar 14 2004, 05:59 PM)
I believe that only one thing can be run at once so the possibilty of running a file sharing program is not going to happen while playing a game.

There are no file sharing applications right now.

Using my bit torrent script in python you can download while watching a movie  smile.gif

shavedrat

• Archived User
Xbox P2p
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

mrmiscellanious

• Archived User
Xbox P2p
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

You could always try running WINE under Xbox Linux... but what fun would that be, emulating Windows?

punqewe

• Archived User
Xbox P2p
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »

Neva even thought of that freezie......sumthin to try i guess.

devlkore

• Archived User
Xbox P2p
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 10:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (Moleman @ Mar 14 2004, 06:01 PM)
This would be useful, say you leave it on overnight, go to work, and by the time you are back, you have your legal download finished.

He-he! Yeah right.

Anyway, what would be the point? As someone pointed out, you'd end up with loads of partial downloads and you wouldn't be able to do anything in the mean time (apart from the bittorrent script for XBMC), so you'd either have to leave your Xbox on for hideous amounts of time and not play games or leave it on over night.

You can just as easily leave your computer on for extended amounts of time and at least you can not only play your Xbox while your PC is downloading, but you can still play PC games (if your computer is fast enough).

triggernum5

• Archived User
Xbox P2p
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

In case you were wondering it was Alx5692 who ported bittorrent most excellently.  I added the feature to connect to 'a torrent site', browse new torrents, download them and transfer the file (Multifile torrents are still being worked out).  I use it for ALL my downloading because: Its silent, it consumes less power, its way more stable!!(Never crashed on me while downloading), You can do anything except play games while you're downloading, (I watch all the movies I've downloaded and run/test other python scripts as well as run my FTP server.), and it makes it super easy to take huge files to a buddy's house for a direct transfer.  XBMC and others are amazing video players that output to TV.  I actually don't play many games on my xbox.  I'm currently writing a python script that will handle RAR, XISO, ZIP and any other format I can include so RARed xbox packages never have to go to PC.  Ironic that there aren't any xbe's that I know of to deal with XISO's
BTW I can vouche for the fact that E-mule works under Gentoox.  As does ABC Bittorrent.  But with 64MB you really can't do too much else under linux during download:(

If you want the bittorrent script get the BitBox14complete file from Get Bittorrent for XBMCYou need at least 02-12-2004 build with python.rar installed.

jkuehn

• Archived User
Xbox P2p
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 12:12:00 AM »

biggrin.gif  would be a big hit in the modding community.