xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Delete Program?  (Read 114 times)

^Blazed^

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« on: February 04, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »

You could use Avalaunch on the XBox and Qwix on your PC.

Qwix will then give you a list of installed app's on your XBox with a lot of nice information, and you will also have the opportunity to delete the application and/or it's save games.

beerchug.gif

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

^^ just that..

flattspott

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

You could use MXM and write an ActionScript to do this

EvilWays

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

I use boXplorer if I need to delete anything.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

Too difficult?!? Puh-leeze...how difficult is it to press white to bring up a menu to copy/delete/rename/etc and start (or is it back? I don't look) to bring up the partition menu, then press black to return to the dashboard? Not that difficult... dry.gif

Krill123

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 06:36:00 AM »

Use cuteFTP and connect to your hard drive.
go to c: drive and look at gameinfo.txt (I think it's called that.. If not, look at the .txt file). Open that txt file and look for your game.. You shoud see in which folder it is.
Go on partition f:.. Into folder hddloader, and remove the folder where the game is.

There ya go.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (dirtwood @ Feb 9 2004, 04:33 PM)
"Puh-leeze", I guess you just plan did not read any of the above post. sleeping.gif

Wow, Evilways, you make yourself sound like a retard when you don't even know how to use it!
"start (or is it back? I don't look)".
I guess its a little more difficult than you thought.  Was it start or is it back, or maybe the black button. 

See what i mean. Just give in and realize that a simple game delete program would be usefull for a lot of people with modded boxes.  Yes, there are tons of other ways to delete games, but none are "super newbie" easy, and none are totally safe.  Just like there are tons of ways to backup games to your xbox.  Someone has just made it "super newbie" easy by creating dvd2xbox and xboxcopy.

Evilways, "You do look", dumb that is.

I don't look because I'm comfortable with it. Do you look at the keyboard when you type? Probably not...IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH IT. And no, it isn't the black button...pressing that takes you back to the dashboard. Un-fucking-believable...it doesn't take long to learn how to use the damn program, as long as you (or your friends/family) take the time to learn the program. Jeez... dry.gif

Would you like me to make a tutorial for you and your friends, or would that still be too complicated for you? uhh.gif

dirtwood

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

COMPLEX TOOLS!!!

This does it all with a simple GUI interface.  Tells you how much space your games are takeing up and lets you simply delete them.  It does alot more stuff also.  I haven't tried ripping any games with it, but it seems good.

Thanks to everyone, except EvilWays, for their help in pointing me towards the good stuff.

fleyke

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

my pleasure, but be aware of the cross-posting you made wink.gif

kennyg704

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

stupid n00b, stop flamin the members that are just tryin to help you...

dirtwood

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »

uhh.gif

I started this thread and asked a simple question.  No one answerd my question and then I get called out for "cross posting".  What the hell is that?

Did anyone bother to read the first post in this thread?

fleyke

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »

boXplorer is so easy to use that it gives me a headache that you're banging your head against a wall trying to find something easier.  EvilWays suggested you use it and you had to start whining about it.  If boXplorer is too difficult to use, then perhaps this isn't the hobby for you and your friends.

Consider this scenario.  Someone comes to me and and asks for an easy car to drive.  I suggest one with an automatic transmission.  They then pitch a fit and say they want a car that drives itself.

I would promptly hand them a rusty bicycle and tell them to get the hell off my property.

EvilWays

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

The most difficult part of boXplorer is making sure not to hit the black button by accident (did that lots while reaching for the white button when I was getting used to the Controller-S after my Duke died).

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Delete Program?
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2004, 06:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (dirtwood @ Feb 7 2004, 01:53 PM)
flattspot -

Could you elaborate more on the MXM actionscript thing?
I am not familiar with either.  Is this hard to learn how to do?

Thanks for you input.
beerchug.gif

Come over to the MXM forum -  there's a subforum dedicated to ActionScripting. The next release will have a great deal of functionality incorporated into it using ActionScripting, but even the current version has quite a bit of functionality for "uninstalling" apps.
Pages: [1] 2