xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Great Job On Quake X, Lantus!  (Read 275 times)

XDelusion

• Archived User
Great Job On Quake X, Lantus!
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2003, 10:11:00 PM »

smile.gif

So there are defininite plans for a GL Wrapper? AWSOME, this in itself will open up a whole new world of options for Quake and....

...other games.

ScHlAuChi

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2003, 08:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (ScHlAuChi @ Dec 7 2003, 07:47 AM)
Having a little problem here with QuakeX

Is it normal that i have to press a key all the time to have mouse look enabled ?
Is there any way to make it enabled constantly ?

Is there a solution for that ?

ScHlAuChi

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2003, 01:40:00 PM »

smile.gif
didnt knew - i was in the impression that it was like this in the original quake already
and that theres a console command for to fix that, like: cg_mouselookconstant 1 or whatever.

Thx for the info lantus

KaioShin

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2003, 07:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (lantus @ Dec 8 2003, 07:17 AM)
finally im definetly going to be working on a hardware accelerated version, most likely by providing a D3D wrapper around OpenGL in SDL.

good news all round for Quake fans eh? wink.gif

This is good news.

After speaking with LordHavoc about how you said you was thinking about doing it he had this to say...

<LordHavoc> he should look at the D3DQuake port
<LordHavoc> it's a big D3D wrapper for glquake

I keep forgetting about D3DQuake...
Not sure if you'd heard about D3DQuake already or not... Either way I'm sure it'd be worth a look. smile.gif

And... I'm happy to see the network enabled version can connect to PC servers online. Maybe now I'll actually feel like going back to visit my old Quake online playing friends. smile.gif

(if only the "usual place" I know about would get the new version)

lantus

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2003, 07:27:00 PM »

smile.gif

KaioShin

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »

Figured I'd drop Lantus a quick note about the latest version of RADQuake (SDLquake port for dreamcast)

They have now added a nice controller driven onscreen keyboard to the port. It can be used for the console, entering the players name in the player options menu, etc...

The new menu code was developed using Winquake as the testbed. Then was added into RADQuake... where it works just fine. I've not looked at the code yet but something like this should be simple enough to add into the xbox port(s).

I know QuakeX supports a USB keyboard but considering the fact most people dont have one rigged for use with Xbox I think it'd be very useful to a lot of people to have this built right into the engine. (up till this point QC onscreen keyboards have been used in a select few Dreamcast aimed mods)

Reaper's site is: http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/
You can get RADQuake and the source from there.

Mo|)|)er

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2003, 10:58:00 PM »

a suggestion for another quake game would be arena using halo controls. I think it would be cool to have

XDelusion

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2003, 04:54:00 PM »

Then again, why in the world would you want to create a Halo DM TC on a console that already has Halo, which as a matter of fact is MODable within itself.

bellapl1

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2003, 05:05:00 PM »

How do I get cd audio working in Quake, I tried ripping the wma's quake 2 style, and I tried leaving the quake cd in the xbox (would be an annoying way to do it), and neither worked ...

Cheers

bellapl1

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2003, 01:48:00 AM »

smile.gif

nagmine

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2003, 10:38:00 AM »

so whens the mulitplayer version gona be in the usual place? or are we waiting for the next release first

Twobee

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2003, 05:18:00 PM »

Success! I got the full movie (Devils Covenant) running under QuakeX, it was quite a bit of trial and error but I got it workin! It was a bit to complicated to simply explain here though so I don't think I will type up a huge tutorial till I see theres some intrest in this particular mod. Just post here if you want some more info and I will write it up. Anyways i'm off to finnish watching this 2 hour epic (on my TV wohoo) =) Thanks again to lantus for the killer port!

-Twobee
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]