xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Views On Xbox Copy Protection  (Read 39 times)

Xenocide420

• Archived User
Views On Xbox Copy Protection
« on: August 12, 2003, 09:25:00 PM »

Hey Guyz

Couldn't really decide what forum to post this in, so move it to a better spot if it's in a bad place mods....

I know I don't have any posts, but thats cause I try to read and not post alota stoopid questions.

Newayz I had a thought tonight while trying to get a friends system up and running whose tried to load xbox live on his system screwing some stuff up.  I know that there is a way around this but It made me think....

I once read (I think xeero posted it) about the main types of xbox copy protection being only 3 main types, and all three of those have been gotten around.  But if by implementing something as simple as XL! can screw up a system so easily, why not force all new games to autorun the XL! extensions and screw up everyones XBox.  

I know that systems could be fixed or rolled back so to speak, so that they could still be used.   But being that m$ controls every game, and that just because you execute the XL! extensions doesn't mean you have to use or even be connected to XL!, yet it would still screw everything up...couldn't every game be released to autorun this and update the .xbe files still required....?  

Allright lemme know what I missed and whatcha think.

LaterZ
Xen