xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The “the Über Easter Egg Exploit” Aka Ueee  (Read 280 times)

RiceCake

• Archived User
The “the Über Easter Egg Exploit” Aka Ueee
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

Hey, wait a minute...

This is using the Live dashboard to exploit the system, right?
It an older model dash or the version that comes with 5960?

Just curious if a DD hack would work with this kinda 'gig.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(RiceCake @ Feb 1 2005, 07:38 PM)
Hey, wait a minute...

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Feb 1 2005, 11:56 AM)
UEEE uses the xonlinedash.xbe from a special, UberDash, version of the 4920 Dash that works on K:5713

RiceCake

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

Yeah it would taint Live functionality but I don't care. At least its possible to DD a new Xbox as long as you downgrade to 5959 I guess, since we all know 5960 was a 'special' MS release just for us smile.gif.

Either way there's an audio hack and an XBE hack for all Xbox'es. I think the use of the word Uber has officially been dried up, lol. You gotta stop calling everything Uber anyhow, especially having just reread Pedro's post. What the hells 'UberDash'? Lol.

I hope you basically mean you just took an xonlinedash.xbe that was exploitable from some dashboard that sported non-C:\fonts\ entries...

edit: ricecake...i don't think EEE was 1.6 compatible and the advantages of UEEE over EEE are (as far as i know) no clock loop esque problem (whatever that problem mentioned in the original readme was) and no ROE/J

The original EEE has no clock problems or ROJ issues, and neither does UEEE. I think whoever wrote the readme for that was about to die in a fire because there never was issues like that, lol... Just make sure your MS dashboard isn't fucked up and then leave it unplugged. A hotswap/coldswap will only fix those kinds of friek accidents.

So, 1.6 compatible EEE.

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »

@RiceCake: I believe you'll find UEEE to be the first non-bootstrap .xbe exploit ever released that doesn't suffer from ROJ.  Also, the various releases of 5659 and 5960 don't have the audio flaw; M$'s "secret" dashboard version 0x17CDC100 is the only HDD based xboxdash.xbe known that does eh. smile.gif

(Please see this linked post for more UEEE information, including a link to a page with lots of 17cdc100 details eh...)

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2005, 06:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(eh. @ Feb 1 2005, 05:16 PM - Edit: clarification)
Also, the various releases of 5659 and 5960 don't have the audio flaw; M$'s "secret" dashboard version 0x17CDC100 is the only HDD based xboxdash.xbe known that does
that works on all kernel version (3944-5838)

RiceCake

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »

Uh, can you define 'non-bootstrap?'.

I believe that EEE and the old audio hacks didn't suffer from ROJ. Well, for old audio hacks I know, lol, having installed and used them before they got old.

Anyhow, checking out that link.

Edit: Aaaah! what a stupid move. I can't believe they made the mistake of releasing a 4920 dashboard without the dashboard flag set! So then you can boot this thing on any XBox (Through Settings_XIP, or through XOnline (But only with a 5959 or lower MS Dashboard)) and get whatever you want done. Bravo.

I guess you could even boot it directly if you want to use an old audio hack for some reason, and don't fear Live upgrades. You could use a virtual C disk to clean up those issues.

I'm guessing it has a few other tricks up its sleeve that let you relocate the fonts and such so you don't hose the MS dashboard in this UEEE hacking shit 'n all.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2005, 03:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(RiceCake @ Feb 1 2005, 11:12 PM)
Either way there's an audio hack and an XBE hack for all Xbox'es. I think the use of the word Uber has officially been dried up, lol. You gotta stop calling everything Uber anyhow, especially having just reread Pedro's post. What the hells 'UberDash'? Lol.

RiceCake

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

Lol, all right, makes sense.

Just a 4920 dash that MS was stupid enough to release with a recent date stamp.
Cool.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(RiceCake @ Feb 2 2005, 07:25 PM)
Just a 4920 dash that MS was stupid enough to release with a recent date stamp.

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2005, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(RiceCake @ Feb 1 2005, 06:24 PM - part)
Uh, can you define 'non-bootstrap?'.

RiceCake

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

Lol, well PedrosPad, it might belittle it but its a plain english answer. No offence but I wonder what its like for some newb to come in here to try to understand what you, eh., or the other `techies talk about sometimes. Even I struggle to figure it out, lol, but that could be partially because of the little quirks that stick. Like ROJ (Ject, lol) or UDE (Which should be called UFE, for ultimate font exploit).

Either way, thanks eh. I get it now. Old audio hacks aren't really full-blown XBE exploits so it didn't fit into that 'non-bootstrap XBE' category. When the xboxdash.xbe is used to load up another XBE for exploitation (which is non-bootstrapping, as opposed to say UDE, which is a bootstrapped exploit) then you exploit the system.

And of course, for font location issues, you guys were stuck with an ROJ XBE.

Aight. Cool. I get it all now.
I think I'm gonna go and figure out UEEE and write a tutorial for it or something. Right now its a fairly big jumble, lol...

Funny thing is I don't wanna write a tutorial, lol, but if I don't someone else will. I guess if noone wrote a tutorial I wouldn't have to bother helping people with a new slough of errors...ah...that would be paradise...

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »

I still dont understand what they are saying, I just read, and nod.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Feb 3 2005, 12:25 AM)
I still dont understand what they are saying, I just read, and nod.

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »

(@RiceCake: I Uber tongue.gif in your general direction eh!  jester.gif)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4