xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Uxe Tutorial  (Read 145 times)

Lord_Vader

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« on: January 21, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »

Hi,

Ive written this tutorial especially for newbies, so its kind of a long story, use this tutorial if you cant find a proper tutorial and/or topic on xbox scene or just want to know what uxe exactly is.
Note: please read this tutorial a few times before trying to attempt something. Im not responsible for you screwing up your xbox, if you follow this tutorial exactly, nothing can go wrong(except a rare case or something... :jester: )

What is UXE?
Uxe is a newer exploit which looks like the older one ude, only ude worked only with ntsc xboxes and with limited kernels and dashboards.
Except ude and uxe is there more too.

There is an audio exploit:
This exploit works on a limited number of xboxes, but is the safest. Its an old exploit and if uxe works for you dont try the audio exploit. You need to make a few key presses to boot evox

There is a font exploit too:
The newest at fonts exploit was that it boots in evox while the audio exploit doesnt(ude and uxe boot in evox too), however the risk of this was that you can get a clock loop(thats means that if you unplugged the xbox of power for a time and you start your xbox, that he gets stuck and keeps rebooting) ude & uxe dont suffer from this problem.

Uxe:
Uxe works on all xbox currently out there, and doesnt suffer from the clock loop problem, the best exploit ever!! and its easy to install.

Stuff really you need
- a xbox(duh)
- uxe-complete v0.2.1 (got from the usual places)
- MechAssault, 007: Agent Under Fire or Splinter Cell(make sure you have the original not the classics editions, because m$ repaired the leak int he classic versions)
- the splintercell, 007 or MA savegamehack
- the s.xtf fonts(optional, but needed in some rare cases, espeassialy PAL boxes)
Stuff you need if your doing a hotswap:
I do NOT speak of hotswap in this tut, search on xbox-scene for hotswap tuts if you need to know the stuff to use for it..

Stuff you need if using a memorycard
- a memorycard
- access to a modded xbox

Preparing the UXE package
1) Unzip the uxe-complete-v0.2.1.bz2 package
2) Extract it to your computer(like C:\My Documents\UXE)
3) Youll see the following: support files(folder), uxe-c-replace(folder), readme(m$ word)
4) read the readme
5) copy your uxe entire folder 2 times, call it 71 and 61 (like C:\My Documets\UXE71 and C:\My Documents\UXE61)
6) Enter the 71 folder and the select support files, then run 71-fonts-install.bat and nkpatcher-06-install.bat
7) Enter the 61 folder and run 61-fonts-install.bat and nkpatcher-06-install.bat(again!!)
8) Go to uxe-c-replace /fonts and copy the s.xtf in there(for the security) by both 61 an 71 folder.
9) your uxe package is o.k.

Preparing your xbox
0) Use hotswap or the memcard option to get the savegamehack on your xbox(you can use a usb pen drive too) as long as the save gets to your xbox, I use the memcard option in this tut, if you want to do other view other tutorials.
1) get to a friends house with a modded xbox with the savegamehack(on a CD orso...)
2) ask him to copy the savegame to his xbox
3) ask him to transfer the savegame from his xbox to your memcard
4) boot your xbox with the memcard in the controller
4) go to memory and copy the savegame from your memcard to your xbox hard disk(make sure there ar not any other saves, maps etc. on your xbox of the game you use)
5) run 007, MA or 007 and load the ONLY!!! savegame thats on your xbox.
6) the screen will turn black and evox will boot(or a pretty error 21 if you use the classics version of the game)
7) first of all, hit the backup button in evox(very important dont skip this!!!!)
8) FTP into your xbox(if you dont know how take a look at the xbox-scene forums)
9) Go to E:\UDATA and then to the folder of your savegame(like 4d00....)the folders name is the same of the folder you friend copyied to his xbox
10) search for a folder named backup and copy that entire one to your computer
11) DONT PROCEED UNTIL YOU HAVE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR XBOX SYSTEM ON YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!!! IF YOU DO YOU WILL SCREW YOUR XBOX!!!!!!!

Installing UXE:
1) FTP into your xbox.
2) In your Pc go to the UXE71 folder and then to the uxe-c-replace folder and copy all the files in that folder(not the folder itself) to your clipboard.
3) Delete EVERTHING on your C: partition of your xbox :o (double check your backup)
4) After everthing is deleted paste the contents that are on your clipboard
your tree of c: shoeld look like this:
+C:\
+
+--[fonts]
+------|- bert-generic.xtf
+------|- ernie.xtf
+------|-[nk]
+----------|-devz3ro
+----------|-nkpatcher.xbe
+----------|-[apps]
+----------------|- [detacher]
+-----------------------|-default.xbe
+----------------|- [isoripper]
+-----------------------|-backup.cfg
+----------------|- [shadowcmaker]
+----------|-[dashboard]
+----------------|-default.xbe
+----------------|-evox.ini
+----------------|-[skin]
+---------------------|-Skin stuff etc.
+--xboxdash.xbe

5) Shutdown your xbox
6) Count to 5 and turn it on
7) Evox should boot, if does congrats you modded your xbox completely now you can add XBMC etc. on E:\

If evox didnt boot
-try to copy the uxe-c-replace of the 61 folder to your hdd
if still evox did not boot
-make sure that the bert font is listed first in the directory
if evox still didnt boot
-make sure you copyed s.xtf in teh fonts folder
if evox still didnt boot
-restore your backup and go to xbox-scene forums for more help

Thats it your xbox should be modded now, if you need any files to do this, just PM me..
If you find any mistakes in the tut feel free to commment

Happy modding,

Lord_Vader

This post has been edited by Angerwound: Jan 21 2005, 09:31 PM <

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

Looks good. <

Lord_Vader

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »

anjilslaire

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »

MA allows other, regular save files on the hd along with the exploited save game. I have 4 MA saves on my box now. It's the dlc for ma that patches it.

EDIT:
You're not allowed to ask/offer any illegal files. This includes uxe complete. There's a reason it's not available for download here.

This post has been edited by anjilslaire: Jan 21 2005, 08:56 PM <

jcupp114

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »

- uxe-complete v0.2.1 (got from the usual places, if you need them, just PM me)

I read this too, yet It does not specify that Lord_Vader may just explain the usual places to each PM. Just get a mod to edit out.

Good tutorial!

Wheres ricecake? Need an edit  :jester:

Take care
Jcupp114 <

Angerwound

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »

Lord_vader: I edited your post to remove the advertisement of UXE files by PM. This is against forum rules, please do not do this again. <

mrbowling

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »

This might belong in a seperate thread I am not sure but here goes my question.

I mod'd my 1.6 NTSC XBOX with UDE2 via ltools v1.75 SC and am running m8plus and PBLmetoo

I have EvoX as my dash installed to E:\ along with all my apps and what not.

I would like to upgrade to UXE and NK-Patcher, really I only want to use NK-Patcher instead of PBLmetoo but figured might as well upgrade my exploit while I am at it.

So can I just recompile NK-Patcher to point to E:\dashboard\default.xbe habbi sign it and put it in the UXE complete package?  Use SC Game Save with EvoX FTP In delete C:\ copy package over and reboot?  Will everything be intact?  Also if I compile NK-Patcher to use shadowc.img can i put shadowc.img and put it on E:\ ?

Thanks.. <

RiceCake

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »

Wheres ricecake? Need an edit :jester:

Lol, always 15 minutes behind some other mod. <

Rickard0

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »

Once again, is this compatible with Xbox v1.6?

:popcorn: <

Lord_Vader

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lord_Vader @ Jan 21 2005, 08:31 PM)
Uxe:
Uxe works on all xbox currently out there, and doesnt suffer from the clock loop problem, the best exploit ever!! and its easy to install.

QUOTE(Rickard0 @ Jan 24 2005, 05:12 AM)
Once again, is this compatible with Xbox v1.6?

:popcorn:

As it says yes, it works on all xboxes out there, so V1.6 and V1.6b too :popcorn: <

happyhunter

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

Thanks for the tutorial. I followed it and moded my Xbox last night.
It seems that the exploit is working now.

But one strange thing that I ran into is that: there is no backup folder
under E:\UDE. There is another under E called LinuxBackup instead
after I chose backup option.
Anybody knows what is the reason? Thanks! <

bardcom

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

I think this should be pinned, because it works using the very latest tools and techniques.  I wish this had been available 3 weeks ago when I started modding!

Good job Vader!
 <

krayzie

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

Let's keep things in perspective here. Maybe it's just me but hey.... it's a tut for using a complete package. How hard can it be. I wonder why people even want a tut for something like that. Wasn't the readme clear enough or somehing? Wasn't it something like delete C and put on new C ?! Ahh well ....need some coffee I guess <

thesnake999

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »

Yeah, the read-me explains how to do everything, but people rarely read them ;) ,

So this tutorial is great for those people, and it even explains the stuff a little bit better. <

DeliriousAmI

• Archived User
Uxe Tutorial
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »

just wondering if you could go a little more in depth as to how to set up the M$ dash also.  so that you can use the save manager and music.

yeah i'm a noob this is my first softmod on my box.  I chipped my other box but wanted to learn this.

All im wanting to do is be able to boot to the m$dash from evox like my chipped box does.

This post has been edited by DeliriousAmI: Jan 31 2005, 09:52 PM <