xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What Prgram's Do I Need  (Read 130 times)

JdeezXBOX

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« on: June 10, 2003, 04:19:00 PM »

i was just wantin to know which programs i would need to make a Xbox game    I am gonna do a game like Splinter cell hopefully

Wishi

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 10:33:00 PM »

Oh someone, won't you move this to the Garbage Bin? wink.gif

TwisTz

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 11:08:00 PM »

I made a Splinter Cell like game with Notepad

JdeezXBOX

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 01:27:00 PM »

stupid flamers    i am taking maya classes and i want to know what other programs i  would need to learn i was saying i want to make a game like splinter cell plot wise dumb asses

Xlife

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »

You need to purchase the M$ XDK, just like any other developer.

JdeezXBOX

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »

ok xlife thanks for a legit answer      also were can u purchase this from

Xlife

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »

not so sure about that, u could search around the M$ site, but I don't know what status you have to have in order to purchase. I'm sure you could get an answer direct from M$.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »

Well, a LEGIT purchase of the XDK is on the order of 10-20K, so probably out of your league.  Do some research on these forums... they say plenty about the XDK.  As for development tools, such as maya, that's purely preference.  Use your choice modeller for building game geometry... but the bulk of any game, is of course the engine.  Which, generally boils down to you and your trusty compiler... and the XDK in this case.

NVShacker

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2003, 05:54:00 AM »

An expirienced dev. team would be a plus...

Stitches

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2003, 10:38:00 PM »

half assed knowing maya isnt going to make games...

JdeezXBOX

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 07:34:00 AM »

Hye man the teacher who teaches the class is also going to be on the project with me because he is a big Xbox Fanatic

xahur

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (Stitches @ Jun 13 2003, 07:38 AM)
half assed knowing maya isnt going to make games...

That sounds interesting...
Got nething  u wana add to ur flamin?

Dont flame other ppl.
JdeezXBOX might just aswell write ur new favourite game!

I dont know sh*t about programmin, and i couldnt care less. As long as somebody is willing to make free stuff for the rest of us.
Stitches, u really need to work on ur attitude... Ive seen a 10 year old kid without any knowledge in programmin make a nice puzzle, which i still havent been able to beat. That was back in 1989 on my C64!
Think about it. Would u rather have some Mr. Bigtime make u a crappy game, and pay like $50 for it, or would u have a bunch of freelancers make a great a**kickin game, and deliver it to u for free?
Thats ur choice...
I vote for the freelancers, as they r allways tryin to make their projects better... Not just tryin to stick to a deadline, and removin valuable pieces of gameplay.

U know. Im gettin good at this. Maybe i should start writin speaches for the mayor. That is once ive played ur great game, JdeezXBOX...
U gotta hurry up gettin us some details, once u get started biggrin.gif

And i would like to donate $20 to that!

///Xahur

JdeezXBOX

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »

OK,  I have changed my mind.  I am now going to make a movie on maya first  and then a game about it later.  The Movie is gonna be called    " A Day in the Life''   It is going to be like a cell shaded movie of the day to day life of a 23 yr. Old College student and his friends          some of the things they will do in the movie is go to street race, go to the movies, classes in college, PLAY XBOX a modded one that is, and there is going to be one little twist at the end that only me and my friend know about.     The main characters name is going to be Jae Daniels.

with cameo of Jin the MC(look-a-like in Maya), and a few others oh and if u don't know Jin the MC well he is Ludacris's Mechanic in 2F2F  hopefully i cna get in touch with him to do the voice for himself.   anyone interested any more post and i might tell some more about it.

When i create the game i am going to try to find the source code for Shenmue 1 or 2 and make it cell shaded also.    Thanks    and If anyone has infromation on them please PM me

Wishi

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »

Oh yeah, everyone has a copy of the Shenmue source code, just get the DC version and it's included on the disk. You're almost there.

Edit: Please tell me you're being sarcastic

JdeezXBOX

• Archived User
What Prgram's Do I Need
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »

Once it is completely finished, which i expect to happen by the end of the Summer or at the latest Christmas i will post a link to my website where you will be able to DL it,  and if any Paypal donations then i will except them then, but i am not going to accept none until it is completely done.   Thanks again
Pages: [1] 2