xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: xISO xFER FAQ  (Read 908 times)

Jizzay1

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2003, 12:15:00 PM »

L!M!T

Your app is the SHITTTTTTTTT

I've used it pretty sucessfully lately and have only run into a problem with the infinite size iso's.  I just use Xiso and trasfer it the old fashioned way.  Keep up the good work.

Also, queue's would be a nice addition, as well as a cancel transfer in the middle button.

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2003, 02:25:00 PM »

wink.gif

Thanks! Glad you guys like it!

Well, that 'infinite files' bug is a true pain in the a**. Don't know if there is any prog out there that really can create true, errorfree xISO's...

Currently slowly working on v0.9b and that version contains an errorcheck for the 'infinite files' bug, so you won't have to CTRL-ALT-DEL your way out of xISO xFER.

I am also looking into the queue/batch job function. Although, I have some bugs to hunt down first, like out of memory errors occuring for users with 64Mb RAM.

Anyway, keep on xFERRiNG, dudes!  cool.gif

Regards,
L!M!T

riahc3

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2005, 06:13:00 AM »

Man a post in a 2 year old thread.....

I still use xISO xFER.......Qwix doesnt seem to work for me.

Thanks for the program

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2003, 03:16:00 AM »

Just wanted to update y'all about v0.9b.

This version will contain the batch job/queue function and the development is progressing
pretty good. If all goes well, then you can expect v0.9b to be released with a new translation
file in a couple of days.

Regards,
L!M!T

uberzone

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(riahc3 @ Mar 13 2005, 06:19 AM)
Man a post in a 2 year old thread.....
I still use xISO xFER.......Qwix doesnt seem to work for me.

Thanks for the program

Same here.

waffen

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »

excellent...your program is one of the coolest utils i have come across in a while. got a whole batch of backups i need to extract and transfer so looking forward very much to new version...

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2003, 01:11:00 AM »

smile.gif

Like I said earlier, glad you like it!

Have spent the last days trying to get the batchfunction to work and really got a breakthrough
yesterday, so hopefully it *is* working, but I need to test it and verify it before finetuning the
code. Can't even start thinking of releasing it before this is done.

I am also thinking of holding on to this release for a while, trying to add even more features.
Don't know how you fellas react to that, maybe you *need* the batch version and are waiting
for that release more than any other feature?

Regards,
L!M!T

waffen

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2003, 08:28:00 AM »

i'd vote for "release 0.9b when the batch function works well, save the new features for later"

IMHO - small, slick programs that perform one or 2 functions very well are tops. for instance - config magic. the batch function would be an excellent and logical addition to the current program, while any new features might distract away from what xFER was originally designed/used for. not sure what new features you're thinking about adding, but IMO the batch function would be more important.

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »

Affirmitive.

With other features I mean requests by you, the users.
Like being able to control xISO xFER with commandline options, xbFileZilla support etc.

Regards,
L!M!T

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2003, 11:26:00 AM »

xISO xFER v0.9b released.

Soon up on the XS frontpage I guess.

http://limit.agent55.com/xFER

Regards,
L!M!T

SillYcoNe

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2003, 10:43:00 PM »

L!M!T 0wnz !

(do plan to add RAR support (if possible)?)

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »

LOL!

Hehe! Well, although there are some issues with v0.9b as you can read on the page, please download it and help me find the bugs. I have tested it, but since I know how the code works, I might get a little 'blind', therefore, putting xISO xFER to the test, with different setups, conditions etc., is the best way to bring them (the bugs) out. I don't like the fact that I don't have betatesters, except for you, the users, that report the bugs.

Also, I want to point out that I am not a 'programmer per definition', never claimed to be one either, I do this in my sparetime, my knowledge learned by 'trial-and-error', so please respect the fact that we all have the IRL to think of. This is also why xISO xFER contains bugs. I'm trying my best to fix'em up and adding the features you guys request, to the extent of my possibilities.

I will fix the most vital errors in v0.9b within 24 hours and update the xISO xFER download link with the updated version, so please keep an eye on the xISO xFER news page.

Have a good one, fellas!

Regards,
L!M!T

Enigma-

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »

wink.gif

SillYcoNe

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »

BUG report

1- weird percentage displayed in batch progress bar
2- same error as above that is when you come to the first directory in the iso, you try to create in ./temp the dir but you seem to use the program name instead of the dir

reverting back to 0.8b for now.
BTW I like this new version and I'm sure that it'll rule when the main bug is corrected.

Keep up the good work bro !

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2003, 11:50:00 AM »

Fellas,

The bug you guys are referring to is a shitty flaw made by me. I have corrected it now, but is still battling with some other bugs.

You should do as SillYcoNe and revert back to v0.8b for now. Working, but no batch feature.

I am gonna work on this on my free time during the weekend. Check in either in Xbox-Scene or the xISO xFER page for news updates.

'til the next time, enjoy the weekend!

Regards,
L!M!T
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10