xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: xISO xFER FAQ  (Read 890 times)

legueux

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2003, 04:48:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif  i must say that this new feature is excellent.

After having to test xFER, I advise it with all the members of my site so much it is intuitive and powerful.

Very nice job L!M!T !!  love.gif

echto

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »

After the file transfers are completed my box freezes up.  Can anyone else duplicate this problem?

Shafted!

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »

L!M!T, sorry i didn't get back to you on the out of memory issue. I have a screen capture of the problem actually happening during a game if you want to see it. PM me if you want me to email it to you.

SillYcoNe

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2003, 03:41:00 AM »

L!M!T,

I love your prog !
I only ran into an xFERed iso that wouldn't run with one of the previous version, for this one I reverted to the old XISO/FlashFXP method. But all the other iso I xFERed work perfectly !

May be you could implement a way to tell the program where to put the iso of the form partition:[\path]
Also you could try to 'guess' where the user wants to put his iso like pre-filling the 'dir' field with the name of the dir containing the opened iso (this would force you to also implement a name check for this field to prevent errors).

Keep up the good work bro.

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2003, 05:32:00 AM »

SillYcoNe,

Thank you!

Yes, it seems that 'xISO' don't create 'true' xISO's (as also reported by other sceners), the
Xbox ISO format that xISO xFER was meant to work with. You can also see this reported
on the xISO xFER page.

I have got the same suggestions from other users regarding the syntax of i.e. D:games
instead of D/games and the 'pre-filling' of the game directory textbox. As I see it, the suggestion
of 'game dir' can, as you say, be taken from the dir where the xISO resides, or it can be generated
by taking a couple of chars from the XBE title. Don't know which approach I might take though.
Seems to me that using the XBE title would be 'better' in terms of assuming the game name
by looking at the dir.

Regards,
L!M!T

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2003, 04:16:00 AM »

mad.gif

As always, report your suggestions, bugs or other thoughts to the usual mail.

Regards,
L!M!T

MikeHolliday

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2003, 11:03:00 AM »

It dosent work for me, the extract buttons are never lit up, and it always says "identifier not found possible coruption" no matter what iso i point it at. Whats the deal?

SillYcoNe

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2003, 06:11:00 AM »

smile.gif
Thank you very much for coding my request !
I just asked about it because I had to spend at least 32 seconds in the readme to learn what to type in the field. when everyone talks about the M$ everyone says drive:dir so I didn't figure out I should write in Unix style (although I prefer...)
Just a though for the newbies  wink.gif
BTW thanks again for this nice prog  beerchug.gif

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »

Hey, no problem!

Try the new v0.8b, available at the usual places.
This will hopefully work better with certain xISO's that the 'infinite files' error was reported with
when using v0.7b.

Regards,
L!M!T

akg4y

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2003, 08:47:00 PM »

I dont know how feasible this is, but it seems like when you have a bunch of small files (ie Morrowind) it takes a really long time to transfer the entire archive because it has to stop, extract, transfer so many times... is there any way to tell the program only to transfer after it has 20mb or some bigger limit worth of files?

For example, if the next file is a 37mb file, it would extract and transfer

If the next file was a 1mb file, and the one after that a 6mb file, and the one after that an 18mb file, then it would extract all 3 before transferring...

I think that would speed up the process significantly.

Great program by the way!

akg4y

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »

Also, it seems to hang everytime I try to xFER DoA XBV.. it hangs on the 700MB file.  I have an AMD Athlon 2000+ with 512MB of RAM and 300GB of HD space, so unless its the RAM I dont know what could be causing it...

akg4y

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »

One other good feature would be the ability to set a 'queue'... Often times I extract 4-5 ISOs to a directory (from their rar/zip) and then want to transfer each of them, but to do that I have to be around when each one finishes.. itd be nice to be able to say 'put this one here, then this one here, then this one here' and then go eat dinner or something..

Shafted!

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »

Darn! akg4y beat me to the suggestion!

I agree, a queue would be nice, however, it has to also have the abilty to do something else that he may not have mentioned.

It has to be able to create directories in numerical order, say pxgame001, then pxgame002.

Aside from this suggestion, L!M!T, xiso xfer has been working great. I just reformatted my 80 gigger, and been using it to transfer back all my stuffs.

L!M!T

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2003, 02:45:00 AM »

tongue.gif

People are still experiencing some xISO 'infinite files' problem though...  mad.gif
Not on so many ISO's as before, though..  smile.gif

Regards,
L!M!T

SillYcoNe

• Archived User
xISO xFER FAQ
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2003, 03:45:00 AM »

Let's go for 2 suggestions:

A lot of us get the isos from rar files: couldn't you read directly the rars ? (sample code that may help you: jetpak.fr.st (I recommend this unpacker))

I also suggest you port your nice handy app to linux so that we can use our preferred OS.........

Keep up the good work !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10