xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tired Of All These Emulators  (Read 449 times)

senator

• Archived User
Tired Of All These Emulators
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2003, 12:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (CyborgGamer @ Apr 21 2003, 08:48 AM)
If you want to play Playstation games, buy the console!
If you want to play Playstation 2 games, buy the console!
If you want to play Gamcube games, buy the console!    
If you want to play Sega Saturn games, buy the console!
If you want to play Dreamcast games, buy the console!
(You can find all of the above on eBay)

That is the only reasonable solution smile.gif  ......and for all you people who are developing emulators/applications for the Xbox, your are doing a brilliant job, don't let the ignorant people spoil it for the rest.

Right On man.....Ghee how much is a psx console chipped worth now about $50 aus. $25 US..Same with those other consoles. Yeh it would be nice to have everything in one neat box, but when it's possible, it will come.....Emulators rock they are able to bring back some good times which otherwise maybe lost.... laugh.gif

Epox

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2003, 09:12:00 AM »

First off, not even half of you fools are programmers, so don't tell me how fucking hard it is.
Second off, the news on the XS front page is the only good source of news not only that but anyone who replied to this thread to flame just plain suckxs hard ass simply because there is no reason to flame someone who didn't flame you. Damn jackoffs. Fuck All of yall and Fuck the replies you gave, well most of you anyway.

kaioshade

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2003, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (Epox @ Apr 21 2003, 11:12 AM)
First off, not even half of you fools are programmers, so don't tell me how fucking hard it is.
Second off, the news on the XS front page is the only good source of news not only that but anyone who replied to this thread to flame just plain suckxs hard ass simply because there is no reason to flame someone who didn't flame you. Damn jackoffs. Fuck All of yall and Fuck the replies you gave, well most of you anyway.

well coming from someone who is only a beginner with programming. a while ago i had attempted to port oswan to dreamcast. i never could have imagined how many roadblocks i would come across (video rendering, input, sound, ). i think the only thing that i managed to get up was a basic rom loader screen. eventually i realized i still had a long ways to go.

so yes porting an emu is much more difficult than just pasting some lines of code into the xdk. it takes time and patience. and we are talking a wonderswan here, i could only imagine the hell a saturn or n64 would be.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2003, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (Epox @ Apr 21 2003, 12:12 PM)

First off, your the punk as far as I'm concerned. Lashing out at people for no reason is kinda stupid. I didn't call you stupid, so why are you calling me anything at all? Second, I didn't put down anyone's "hard work", I just said that I'm tired of reading about emulators all the time, as fast as they release these damn emulators you wouldn't know the work is anywhere near "hard", albet its harder than you dick though. 

Calling you a punk is lashing out? LOL, you sure are one funny dude. If you are tried of seeing the emulator releases, then just don't look at the main page. I personally only use SimpleX and Recordnow Max for Xbox ISO creation and burning, and these new releases of ISO programs are pointless to me. Am I going to complain about them? Hell no, because there is no point in me doing so, and the programs can be very helpful for some people. So just do us a favor and leave your opinions to yourself.

IceWolfX

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2003, 06:25:00 PM »

Comming from someone who programs odds and ends and can't wait for a real programming job. I would say that if one day I went online to check the news at X-S and saw no new releases (no matter what emu, game, app) I would be dissapointed that people no longer wanted to develop a certain game, app, or emu. I think the news of xxx emulator being released is something for the developers to be proud of, a sort of publicity saying they did this or that.  It takes a lot of time as well as planning to make any real programming project.  I wish it was just as easy a copy paste otherwise I would be the next Lantus or Xport.

If you do not like seeing that a certain emulator or whatever is released every couple of days, good for you. Only thing I can say is that you are going to find people that are going to want tell you the opposite. Only real choices to do are:
(1) Keeping voicing your opinion
(2) Program a game or application for the xBox everyday so you see your work and not emulators
(3) Do nothing or something similar

Mage

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2003, 08:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (Epox @ Apr 21 2003, 09:12 AM)

Yes, well I am a programmer, so my points still stand.
Programming is much like anything else, there are easy tasks and hard tasks.
Most programmers would think writing an adaptive NLP module as hard, yet you wouldn't understand what it takes, so you can think it is easy.

If it is so easy, step up to bat boy.  Lets see you start programming something useful.
When you fail, or don't meet your expectations, you've finally started to learn about the field.

krawhitham

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »

First off, your the punk as far as I'm concerned. Lashing out at people for no reason is kinda stupid.

if that not the pot calling the kettle back,  You start this thread by by lashing out at all the hard working folks that are releasing this emulators.  And yes age in a point of interest you must be too young to remember the great games.

You see a long time ago games had to be good and fun, now all a games maker needs to do is use a few gig of space and make the game look preaty and it sells

Beleive it or not you are in the minority, most of us if we want to play a ps2 game, a DC game, a GC game play it on the system it was made for.

But for older games we would rather leave then in the attic instead of 12 systems and hundreds of wire all over the place,  you can use the Xbox with it all in one place.

most people that want the next generation systems emulated (PS2, DC, GC, PSONE) are nothing more that just warez kiddies, not some one how likes classic games and the evolution of video games

nazis X.

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2003, 08:20:00 AM »

The other advantage of classic emulation is entropy... I got a Nintendo and all the games still, but half of 'em don't work without fiddling and cleaning for, oh, a half hour or so. Ditto for my 2600, Commidore, and Genesis. Emulation allows me to throw all of that stuff into a safe place as my personal memorabilia, and gives me back a half hour of my life which would otherwise being spent toying around with the system, cleaning, etc. Not to mention I don't have to scout the flea market anymore for the rare cart or floppy, unless I REALLY want the original copy.

X-tA-c

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2003, 09:05:00 AM »

muhaha.gif  grr.gif

X-tA-c

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2003, 09:05:00 AM »

muhaha.gif  grr.gif

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2003, 10:07:00 PM »

Again X-tA-c, you make yourself look like an idiot. Nothing you said makes any kind of sense. As for Epox, yes I am not a programmer, yet I have seen (and have played around with) the Xbox SDK and no it will never under any circumstances be a straight port from PC to Xbox. Quit thinking of the Xbox as a straight up PC because it isn't. I also give mad props to those who program something for the Xbox and stuck with it till they got a working application. I am old enough to have played games for the Odyssey2 system (very old an archaic but enjoyable). Like someone mentioned before, games didn't have the flashy graphics back then, so they had to be fun and entertain you to sell. Now they have more realistic graphics (or at least capable of such) and realistic sounds. If you don't like the fact that there's many emus for the Xbox, then leave it be. If you want to consider my reply a flame, that's your perogative...I'm just stating my opinion.

nazis X.

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2003, 10:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (X-tA-c @ Apr 22 2003, 05:05 PM)
Wrong the xbox can run psx/dreamcast/sega saturn first you have to install linux/007 on your xbox, then install bleem pc demo then download the full crack for that then you can play playstation games now.For the dreamcast games do the same thing but go to dcemulation.com and downloac dreamemu and install.For saturn go to dcemulation and download the emulator from there.

And for those who say they it doesn't work your wrong because i can run those on my pentiumeII 316RAM. And a xbox is way more powerful so it can run it. muhaha.gif  grr.gif

Riiight. No Linux version of Bleem! got released, and even if it did, it'd run like shit on XBox Linux, as there's no 3D hardware acelleration. Dreamemu only plays DEMOS... not game demos you get from a magizine, but homebrew demos... shit like "oooohhh.... spinning cube!". NOT commercial games. The only working Saturn emulator is Guri-Guri, which works under Windows, NOT Linux. Even if it was on Linux, the same would apply for Guri-Guri as the non-existant Linux version of Bleem!
Read up before you post bullshit. It's not becoming of you.

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2003, 10:15:00 PM »

X-tA-c is full of crap anyways...have you read any of his posts? Just awful...

nazis X.

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2003, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (EvilWays @ Apr 23 2003, 06:15 AM)
X-tA-c is full of crap anyways...have you read any of his posts? Just awful...

Yeah, just read the other ones. What kind of crack is he smoking to come up with such ludacrous findings?

kaioshade

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2003, 08:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (Epox @ Apr 23 2003, 10:18 AM)
you slow fucks, youi can install windows on your xbox using that x86 emulator. If not that then use wine from within linux, and ibet there are allot of other windows emulators for linux to choose from.

If not that then write an emulator from scratch, you don't have to nessesarly port it, just figure out how it works then write one for the xbox based on that information.

you reallt think it is that easy? then write one yourself. its easy enough right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3