xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Xbox Custom Font Compilier Gui  (Read 130 times)

DaddyJ

• Archived User
The Xbox Custom Font Compilier Gui
« on: December 06, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

So you want to have your own custom fonts, but dont know how to compile them?
Well heres an easy solution.
This little utility, makes custom compiling fonts easy.
What you need.
 Bert-specific.asm, Ernie.asm, & nasm.exe, All of which can be obtained quite easily. I will post links soon,  The Font sources are contained in the src directory.

What to do.
 Place the xcfcgui.exe in the same directory as those files, edit your Bert-specific.asm to point to the dashboard your going to load. Then Run XCFCGUI.EXE.

It will ask for your xbox's kernal version, all REAL xbox kernal versions are accepted. Then a few things will happen, and out come your Bert.xtf & Ernie.xtf, Custom modified for your preformance.

Hope ya enjoy it, and if not, oh well, I tried. :)

XCFCGUI

RiceCake:
Please note, ERNIE.ASM is the file you need to edit to edit the launch string. It can be found as:
xbestr  db '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1;default.xbe',0

Heres the links to the original NASM and to the UXE Fonts.

This post has been edited by RiceCake: Dec 9 2004, 03:08 AM

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

hey i went to your site to download that and theres nothing there (says under construction), just thought id let ya know.   anyways thats a really great idea  im really interested in trying this out, granted its not that hard to compile the fonts, but i am definately for anything that makes my life easier.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »

Good Ketch, As there no edit button for some reason, here is the correct link. XCFCGUI

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

thanks for the quick response there man, blazing fast high-speed internet huh? over 70 times faster than dial-up you say?

EDIT: haha, sorry to bother ya again, but im sure you want this to be available for download (otherwise you wouldnt have posted it) but now i go to the link and it says this file is hosted by tripod.com and is not available for download

This post has been edited by Spaceboy727: Dec 6 2004, 09:54 PM

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

smile.gif

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

lmao, alright it worked this time, and thanks for making that , nice tool ya got there (worked perfectly)

oh yeah for some reason you cant edit your posts now after like 15 minutes or something, i dont know why

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »

Thanks, Main post link should be working.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

Heres the links to NASM & to the UXE Fonts

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »

Working on the custom Ernie editor, that gives you a GUI to pick exactly what drive and boot loader (or) patcher, that you wish to load.

Also will interface into XCFCGUI for automatic compiling.

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 12:01:00 AM »

man i was just thinking about how that would be a cool to go along w/ your compiler...seems you're a step ahead of me...that would be extremely useful as a package.  perhaps w/ some tools like that more people will learn to install the mod manually and not have to depend on someone making an installer (nothing against installers or anything, as long as their good) but at least maybe more people will be able to install the hack manually then could before

anyways, that is an awesome idea daddyj cant wait to try it out

scimitar116

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

would this be only for UXE fonts? if it is.... please consider making one for doubledash\EEE fonts. i am trying to use EEE as a live compatible backdoor, but for that to work, i would  need the fonts to load something other than E:\default.xbe (in case of M$ HDD scans)

btw uhh.. would it be possible in future versions to make custom bert generic fonts?

This post has been edited by scimitar116: Dec 8 2004, 05:59 PM

Spaceboy727

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

Do they have the source for the EEE fonts posted anywhere?  then its real simple to change and compile them if this wont customize them, and im pretty sure the first program that he already released up there would compile them at least

scimitar116

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

laugh.gif ) made them tho....

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »

Interesting ideas, and no, I had planned any such release, but it wouldnt be hard to throw that feature in there.

XCFCGUI is not font specific, it will compile any font named bert-specific.asm & ernie.asm, it doesnt look as what source is being used.

The custom ernie editor just looks for the
xbestr     Line, and creates a new line based on selections made as far as which partition & the XBE you pick to load.

Should be done before the weekend, and I Will also try to implement a generic bert compilier into XCFCGUI

rawring_wagon

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

smile.gif Im gonna give making some of my own fonts a whirl with this biggrin.gif  one question though if I may; in your first post you state that I need to edit my bert file to point to my bios loader or whatever Ilooked through this file and couldnt find any reference to any .xbe I did however come across a mention of an .xbe in the ernie.asm file.. Am I right in thinking this is the file I need to edit??

CODE
xbestr  db '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1;default.xbe',0

thats the line im looking at... hopefully you guys wont flame me but am I right in thinking that the above path is looking for default.xbe on the C: drive? if im way out someone advise me as Im really intrested in this and wanna give it a go.. thanks  tongue.gif