xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mxm Generator Skin V1.02  (Read 281 times)

spyd4r

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2003, 10:19:00 AM »

i found the main part of the skin, but no extra videos.....all i can say this looks awesome.....the only problem is that, the main menu videos is encoded at way to low of quality, it pixelates like mad on my 27" tv.... looks somewhat blurry cause of the pixelization......if you fix that..it will be amazing

SScorpio

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2003, 08:52:00 AM »

I think I found the new version.

The video looks great; however, for some reason the text is scaled to be very small.

Is there a known max length for titles to make them appear properly?

jvanepps

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2003, 09:16:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »

The reason the text outside the actual menu is blurred is because it's an overly-compressed, resized wmv.. It's blurry becuase (i suspect) it's being displayed at 2x it's original size.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2003, 10:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (SScorpio @ Mar 12 2003, 12:52 PM)
I think I found the new version.

The video looks great; however, for some reason the text is scaled to be very small.

Is there a known max length for titles to make them appear properly?

The font size thing will be fixed in the next version of MXM (I'm assuming you are talkig about the menu scroller, not the video background's text).

I've already written one new "menu block" which emulates, perfectly, the old MenuX style block.

I'm re-writing the MXM-style menu block from scratch, and I know what the original's bug was, so it won't be an issue.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (jvanepps @ Mar 12 2003, 01:16 PM)
Mine works fine, but I admit the text is not all that pretty. Of course when I look at screen shots, the text on the screen shots do not look better then what I see. The game name display text is pretty clear, but the MXM and other info at the bottom portion looks like it is kind of blurred. How do you know what version you have anyway? Let a brother know.

I honestly do not have any complaints because this made it very easy to set up MXM, which I always wanted to do, but never thought I could figure it out, or did not want to go through the trouble, but this is awesome.

What about making a video list like you have in the media folder, and having the games auto detect like Evo X does, and as long as the video is the same as the game name, it would display that video. That way you would not have to manually input all your shit, let alone sort them in alphabetical order yourself.  Let me know the thoughts on that. beerchug.gif

I think I understand what you are saying... if I do, you are describing something already present in MXM...

In each game folder (on a DVD, at least), all you need to do is drop in a file named MXM_SS.xxx, where "xxx" is "wmv", "jpg", "bmp", "gif", and so forth... it will find this if it's not already specified.

I did this to make it very easy to throw compilations together and to mix and match later.

As for hard drive based auto-config, I am working on improving that.

spyd4r

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »

generator skin looks good..even the new version ..1.02..but stilll way to compressed

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (Enigma- @ Mar 12 2003, 10:32 PM)
wow.. i got this stuff queued up to download, all the stuff i'm reading is making it sound like its a tedious task to install/setup though. is it not really that hard? tongue.gif

No, not at all. Visit the tutorials page linked in my signature.

Part of the confusion is that you can tweak a LOT of stuff, but there are simple ways of doing things as well. You also do not need to deal with skins, unless you want... just throw the skin directory in the MXM directory and away you go.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2003, 06:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (SScorpio @ Mar 13 2003, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Mar 12 2003, 07:58 PM)
The font size thing will be fixed in the next version of MXM (I'm assuming you are talkig about the menu scroller, not the video background's text).

I've already written one new "menu block" which emulates, perfectly, the old MenuX style block.

I'm re-writing the MXM-style menu block from scratch, and I know what the original's bug was, so it won't be an issue.

I think it's the menu scroller.  It's the menu why the game names appear.  They text is very small on the skin and it looks like they are only taking up about 50% of the available height.  The width at full height doesn't appear like it would be an issue.

Thanks, for the MenuX style block I'll be looking forward to it.  I'm probably just one of the wierd people who doesn't really want to change the whole look and feel of my Xbox.  I actually want to make it look mostly like the original MS stuff.  The new version of NeXgen (when ever it comes out) and Media X Menu running in MenuX style should greatly help me out in doing so.

I'll look forward to the next build.  I'll try it with my current config to see if the bug was fixed; however, I'll probably dump the generator skin then and make my MenuX skin.  I have screen backgrounds from the old versions of MenuX so hopefullly I'll be able to make a decent look alike skin with video side bars.   smile.gif

Sounds cool....

Yeah, the problem with the current  menu block is that I pre-render images to use for the smooth scrolling (regardless of whether it's on or not) and the XDK libraries create the texture larger than what I need. The technical reason for this has to do with the GPU and how it handles "swizzled" texture formats, as it's more efficient at certain size multiples... my routine didn't take into account the fact that the texture jumps up in size, hence the image gets "squished" into the box it's supposed to fit into, including the large unused left and bottom areas.

The new version will be more flexible, allowing you to use whatever fonts (in "Packed Resource" XPR format) you want, and I also plan on featuring a side scrolling version as well. I have some XPR files already made up, including the Halo and Xbox fonts. These require the XDK to build, so some skinners may have to rely on others to provide these files. I foresee some font packs being released, though  rolleyes.gif with the next release.

I would like to encourage skinners to go to http://www.allxboxskins.com and submit their MXM skins. The MXM section is rather paltry  blink.gif  at the moment with two skins (though they are excellent skins)

concei

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2003, 02:05:00 AM »

wink.gif

SScorpio

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2003, 11:10:00 AM »

Yup, it's been on allxboxskins.com; however, now they even have the video pack available for local download off their server.

spyd4r

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2003, 03:03:00 AM »

we need more videos , is anyone working on ripping more?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2003, 12:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (Tuppes @ Mar 17 2003, 03:50 PM)
could someone repost mxm generator skin please?

http://www.allxboxskins.com

It's at the above link.

spyd4r

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2003, 02:04:00 PM »

more videos, more videos, more videos, more videos, more videos, more videos!!~!

mongoosedm

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin V1.02
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2003, 02:07:00 PM »

Are there size or bitrate restrictions on wmv's that it will accept for previews?  I tried making some of my own, and some work while other's won't...
Pages: 1 [2]