xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Urgent Help Required!  (Read 209 times)

krayzie

• Archived User
Urgent Help Required!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

It's indeed more likely that something in the font setup has changed. But it could theoratically be that the fonts react different to an xbox with a dead clock since the kernel calls dash locations that it normally doesn't call. I doubt this could be the case though since the update.xbe cannot handle any clock call and it just loads the update.xbe file. (explains the clock loop proof theory). But the screen does display an updating screen without any fonts therefore it's loading the update.xbe and not any fonts.

Juiced2k

• Archived User
Urgent Help Required!
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2004, 09:54:00 PM »

I am going to fix my PC first - Need to buy a VGA cooler as the old one died and then I am going to try the Hotswap and see if I can reinstall the UDE1 exploit.

Am I right in assuming that this should fix the problem?

Juiced2k

• Archived User
Urgent Help Required!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »

Ok, I done the HOTSWAP and continued to install UDE1, even though it is already installed so I just tell it to override everything.

It also mentions something about the fonts being on C drive, which may corrupt the update.xbe so it moves them to another location and installs new fonts and everything goes smoothly.

But, when I plug everything back into the Xbox I get the same screen!!!!

Can someone who has experienced this problem please tell me what to do. I am using the XBHM disc.

Also, during the installation it asks something about, which bios I want and then it says continuing will not destory the dashboard or someother folder - so I select Y...My question is what would happen if I selected no???

Please I am in urgent need of some help.

Many thanks.

Juiced2k

• Archived User
Urgent Help Required!
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 08:19:00 AM »

smile.gif but not the eeprom.bin sad.gif

Is the password useful without the eeprom.bin?

farbird

• Archived User
Urgent Help Required!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

ok..
if u modded using ude1, u should still have the gamesave exploit still inside the xbox? MA, 007 , SC.

by right before the xbox loads the xboxdash.xbe in the xbox hdd, it will load d:\default.xbe first, which means you can still boot up MA,007,SC first before it goes into that error..

try to boot up to the game, then run the exploit by loading the savegame.

if it can boot into mxm or evox ... u are in luck as u can still ftp in a proper working xboxdash.xbe.

if u do not have the gamesave or u do not own an original copy of the MA,007 or SC....  u are in for some major hdd rebuilding work dude.

Juiced2k

• Archived User
Urgent Help Required!
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (farbird @ Oct 28 2004, 06:27 PM)
ok..
if u modded using ude1, u should still have the gamesave exploit still inside the xbox? MA, 007 , SC.

by right before the xbox loads the xboxdash.xbe in the xbox hdd, it will load d:\default.xbe first, which means you can still boot up MA,007,SC first before it goes into that error..

try to boot up to the game, then run the exploit by loading the savegame.

if it can boot into mxm or evox ... u are in luck as u can still ftp in a proper working xboxdash.xbe.

if u do not have the gamesave or u do not own an original copy of the MA,007 or SC....  u are in for some major hdd rebuilding work dude.

As I mentioned previously, the Xbox won't boot any games etc at all!!!! I am gonna rebuild the HDD and see if that works.

Cheers

Juiced2k

• Archived User
Urgent Help Required!
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 05:46:00 AM »

smile.gif

Once again many thanks  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2]