xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Xbox Live Alert!  (Read 870 times)

Kthulu

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (Angerwound @ Oct 19 2004, 08:36 PM)
The MAC Address is actually stored inside the eeprom. This is what is 'normally' banned. That is why people can easily unban themselves with a new eeprom.

based on your original description of the banning, they must be banning the account and the xbox, but no longer banning the xbox by MAC address...since we all know that gets replaced with a new eeprom.  how could they ban the box itself without using the MAC address?  does a new eeprom change the box's serial number?  it's a little strange to me that ever used MAC address and not the serial number to begin with...anyways, the ban must be based on a value stored in hardware somewhere or stored in a file on the hdd...or perhaps it's based on the hdd itself (i.e. non-stock hdd = banned)...very interesting...

the M$ war on xbox terrorism has begun! jester.gif

Kthulu

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

perhaps this is a clue...
http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=1915307

the old account info could still be there somewhere, so when the new account is created, they still scan for other accounts on the xbox and ban the new account based on the old ones...???

EthanHunt_IMF

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (Kthulu @ Oct 19 2004, 07:49 PM)
this is why i said to myself 'stupid f*cker' as soon as saw the headline that Halo2 was leaked.  even if they aren't banning based on halo2 files being on the xbox, the halo2 leak was like your little brother poking a bee's nest...it doesn't matter who did it, those bees are pissed and they will sting anyone they suspect had anything to do with it...

I LOVE BEES!!!!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

triggernum5

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2004, 07:05:00 AM »

Banning IP's would be a weak attempt that would screw over lots of innocent xbox users..  For instance, my IP has been the same for about 2 months now..  It will stay the same until I unplug my modem for any length of time..  If they were to ban me then I could just unplug my modem and swap my eeprom.  They must still look at eeproms though or else after I grab a new IP there would be a chance that some spoiled kid down the street who legitimately owns every xbox live game out, could pick up my banned IP..
I know lots of sites including this one use IP bans, but I'm thinking MS has to take valid subscriptions into consideration..  Then again, I personally hope they go on a banning rampage, and end up in court over it..  I love watching a god legal battle

xb0xb0y

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »

Are the recent increase in banning of modded xboxes mainly been targeting softmod?  or does it apply to chipped xboxes as well?

I haven't subscribed to xbox live, and I've owned an xbox for several years.  But my green xbox I bought recently, and a game I purchased, both came with a free trial subscription, which I've been holding off using until Halo 2 comes out.  Hmm, I wonder if there's any expiration date on those trials?  ne1 know?

Hmm ... guess I will be putting back the original hard drive back into my xbox if and when I decide to activate xbox live.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (bikr @ Oct 20 2004, 11:29 AM)
Welcome to the rebirth of IDE switches  smile.gif

the ultimate hack smile.gif

eh.

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (xb0xb0y @ Oct 20 2004, 08:50 AM - 1st line)
Are the recent increase in banning of modded xboxes mainly been targeting softmod?  or does it apply to chipped xboxes as well?

If these forums are a good indicator then it's predominantly been chipped boxes ... but most modded boxes are eh.  (Folks with HaloDEUX or XBL hacks seem to have been the main target eh... uhh.gif)

bikr

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (brainscan1975 @ Oct 20 2004, 06:21 PM)
My chipped box was banned a couple of days ago and I was attempting to sign on from the MS bios.  Not sure what happened really. I had been using it for the last 5 months with no issues. Then I tried to sign on the other night and *poof* Im banned.

did you run halo2 ?  before being banned.

brainscan1975

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »

xb0xb0y

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (eh. @ Oct 20 2004, 12:13 PM)
If these forums are a good indicator then it's predominantly been chipped boxes ... but most modded boxes are eh.  (Folks with HaloDEUX or XBL hacks seem to have been the main target eh... uhh.gif)

so has any softmod only ppl here been banned at all?

and will running the x2 4981 bios that has the xbl disable code completely protect from being banned if one were to accidently try to log on to xbl?

eh.

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

@xb0xb0y: for what it's worth (from what I've read in other X-S forums) it doesn't seem to be related to the type of mod or protection used.  It does seem boxes that have got/done whatever they're filtering (during the tracking period) have been/will be banned when they connect to XBL in their normal manner (during the banning period) eh.

mckenn88

• Recovered User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (xb0xb0y @ Oct 20 2004, 12:51 PM)
so has any softmod only ppl here been banned at all?

i had the UDE on my box and X2 4981.06 and i still got banned. i think it has to do with something about replacing the xboxdash.xbe

eh.

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »

@mckenn88: are you indicating that you have not had HaloDEUX or an XBL hack on your box, ever (and you always remembered to swap back to retail state before going on XBL) eh?

mckenn88

• Recovered User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »

ok i dont even have halo 2, dont kno what xbl hacks are and i had the UDE but i kno i didnt sign in with it running or vice versa , n i still got banned

P.S. still got stock hdd

eh.

• Archived User
Xbox Live Alert!
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »

@mckenn88: have you always swapped/switched/toggled/changed back to retail state (re the .xbe and .xtf files) before going on XBL though eh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15