xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Media X Menu 0.9d (beta)  (Read 132 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9d (beta)
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2002, 10:38:00 PM »

1st : i replaced the swirl.wmv with a 12mb panzar dragon wmv after the start up the whole movie whas green and very blocked(i trys with a smaller earlier tonight and worked fine)

That's probably because the WMV was a WM7 encoded video. The M$ decoder only likes WM8 encoded files. I'm going to add XMV support in the future as well.

2e i didnt filled in a disc title and a sub title(i tought that wouldent looked good in the panzer dragon movie)and it gived it self a name mxm menu somthing.

Well, did you simply leave out the tag? I know for sure, when you do that, that it will end up getting defaults there. Try putting the tags in the config, but with nothing between them. If that doesn't work, try just putting a space there.

3th i encountered that the menu didnt showed any titels of the games but i could walk with the menu bar over it and saw on the right the pictures and a wmv after 4!! reboots the menu worked liked before.

Hmmmm.... there's something I'm trying to track down in the system. The menu text is rendered offscreen, and while it SHOULD be consistent, it seems that there must be a step or two I don't have plugged in yet. I'll be looking at that in depth before the next release, anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the input.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9d (beta)
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2002, 06:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (zombie28 @ Dec 14 2002, 06:38 AM)
I'm not sure if the bug I encountered is the same as RDJ134's 3rd bug report, but approximately 1 out of 3 times I loaded up the new mxm, the menu items wouldn't show (except for the currently selected one), but you could still browse up and down.  When you scroll to the top, it started displaying the loading screen background within the menu selection area.

I don't know if this was unique to my setup, or if it was related to my changing of the loading screen images...

But after I added all the menu items into the main mxm.xml file and turned autoconfig off, I haven't seen this bug anymore.

:::sigh:::

It's the same bug. Yeah, I'll have to stomp that one out. Hopefully I'll hae time today to work on it.

Thanks for the input.

pntless

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9d (beta)
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2002, 08:53:00 PM »

Hey,

Having a couple problems with MXM.  I have burnt 3 discs with it (without testing any before i continued to the next due to time constraints). I am using auto-config with a xml and ini in the directory for each item.

Disc 1 - MXM loads fine, games load from it.
Disc 2 - MXM freezes on load.
Disc 3 - MXM loads, stuck on one of the items, won't let me scroll.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Have a good one.
Pages: 1 [2]