xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Are All The Options For A Hardmodded V1.6?  (Read 178 times)

johnnyrichter

• Archived User
What Are All The Options For A Hardmodded V1.6?
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »

I'm currently running a DuoX2 with EVOXM8 on Bank 0, and I think a flash utility on Bank 1.

I don't like EVOX M8, the IGR only works when it wants to which is not often.  I don't know much about BIOS's or how to flash a new one to Bank 1 in order to keep M8 on Bank 0 just in case something happens.  I also don't know what my BIOS options are for this v1.6 console, I just know the options are very limited...possibly to just two BIOS's, one of which already being on my chip.

What other BIOS(s) will work on a v1.6 console?  My console info is in my sig if it's needed...

EDIT:  Some google searching leads me to believe that the X2 5028 BIOS works for a v1.6 console.  If this is true, where could I find information on that BIOS to determine if it's better or worse than M8+?

The entire reason for being interested in this is because I don't know if I have EVOX M8 or M8+, my chip is set to Bank 0 when I *think* it should be running from Bank 1, and my IGR isn't working properly.  I want a good BIOS on the correct bank with IGR being fully functional in XBMC and games.  Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated...I know where to find what I'll need, I just don't know what I need at the moment.

johnnyrichter

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »

X2 5028 Gold is not in the usual places, I searched for half an hour and did not find it...at least where it should be.

Once I get it, I'm honestly not sure what I'm supposed to do at that point.  I have EVOX M8 on Bank 0 and I want X2 5028 Gold on Bank 1...can I flash it to Bank 1 which currently contains FlashBIOS, and keep M8 on Bank 0 in case the install on Bank 1 goes bad?

murauder

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »

use x2 5035 v16plus bios.
and yes you can flash bank 1 and keep m8 on bank 0. just switch it to bank 1 before you flash

Edit: youre also going to want to open the x2 config file in notepad and set it up to your liking and ftp it to the root of your E drive
and you can flash using evox or just use the flash bios already on that bank

johnnyrichter

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »

I flashed bank 1 with x2 5028 and it worked great.  EVOX M8+ is still on bank 0, but needless to say I won't be using that BIOS anymore.  Edited the x2config file and placed in E:/, placed my XBMC shortcuts in F:/ since this BIOS can't read a specific directory, only a partition root.  I'm very satisfied with this BIOS.

Is there any significant differences/updates in X2 5035 compared to 5028?  If so, how do I go about upgrading from 5028 to 5035 now that Bank 1 contains 5028 instead of FlashBIOS?

murauder

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »

idk the differences. i just know that most people (including myself) use 5035.
its in the usual places.
i would just use evox (the dashboard. not the bios) to flash on bank 0 overwriting your m8 bios with x2 5035 v16plus

you may have to add these LINES to your evox.ini

johnnyrichter

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »

I'm not sure how I would flash using the EVOX dash, or why I'd have to add those BIOS hashes to the evox.ini file if I'm using XBMC as my dash.  I only use EVOX dash to boot in to while I update XBMC, since XBMC can't be updated while running.

johnnyrichter

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »

I was able to figure it out.  Renamed the 5035 bin to "bios", placed in F:/BIOS/512/, placed the new x2config.ini in F:/, shut off console, switched to Bank 0, turned on console, loaded up EVOX dash from XBMC, flashed from F:/BIOS, chose 512, done.

This may lead to a new issue, though.  I have x2 5028 on Bank 1 and x2 5035 on Bank 0, they each have their own x2config.ini.  The 5028 ini is in E:/ and the 5035 ini is in F:/...will each BIOS know to read it's own ini, and not read the other ini?  In the 5035 changelog I *think* it said that BIOS will now check F:/ first, then E:/ second if no ini is found in F:/, so I'm hoping that's true.

Anyways, both 5028 and 5035 work great...but since there has been a ton of upgrades and bug fixes after 5028, I would recommend 5035.  XBMC even recognizes the 5035 BIOS which is sweet.