xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop Flashing An Already Softmodded Xbox  (Read 144 times)

hessec

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing An Already Softmodded Xbox
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

The other day I did a TSOP flash on a 1.0 softmodded Xbox.

I soldered the points on the motherboard, then FTP'd EvoX and the Xecuter2 5035 bios to EvoX's bios folder

I ran EvoX through the xbox, and flashed the bios

make sure you have a shortcut to your dashboard or your dashboard at C:\evoxdash.xbe, i didn't and I had to use a disc to fix it (auto installer deluxe in my case)

GoTeamScotch

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »

TSOP flashing would be the ideal route to go. From my experiences I found it is surprisingly easy to do. However you MUST NOT use a high wattage soldering iron. I used a 40 watt and failed on two separate boards. I have done a few others with success but just make sure you take your time and use a low-wattage iron.

I recommend iND-BIOS 5003. Its worked great with all boxes I've used it on. I used to have a dual-boot softmod and then I did a TSOP flash on top of that. I didn't have to mess with my softmod when I did it. The new hacked bios will scan for your preferred dashboard instead of the default dashboard so it will supersede your softmod entirely. You can delete your softmod files after you flash your bios. I even deleted all my official dashboard files on my C drive and replaced them with XBMC.

yes, tsop flashing will get rid of the clock set loop caused by old/defective softmods

And iND-BIOS is very customizable and even comes with a configuration app that lets you tweak everything about it. You could disable the flubber and intro screens so you wouldn't have to worry about the loud boot up sound because all that would happen is you see a screen saying "LOADING IND-BIOS" then XBMC would boot up right after that with the volume turned to whatever it was last set at.

happy modding
-scotch

SnappyCrunch

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 11:29:00 PM »

Thanks for the replies! Without any replies in a week, I took the plunge and flashed away. After flashing the wrong size bios to my 1.0 Xbox (Whoops! Fixed now smile.gif), I got ind bios 5003 installed. In response to my own question - TSOP flashing my bios did cause my softmod to stop working - but it's okay. After installing the bios, I was able to use the AID disc to install a regular dashboard. I lost the settings I had changed, but it was a small price to pay.